[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Charles not the featured back in KC?

bigmike4969

just got this little nugget off ESPN

Ware will be the starter and get a significant share of the featured back's workload, but West will play. Game situations will determine how much, but the Chiefs preferred to play West over Ware when they ventured into the red zone last season. West played 69 snaps inside the opponent's 20-yard line last year. Ware was in the lineup on 22 such plays. -- Adam Teicher

• Like 1

just got this little nugget off ESPN

Ware will be the starter and get a significant share of the featured back's workload, but West will play. Game situations will determine how much, but the Chiefs preferred to play West over Ware when they ventured into the red zone last season. West played 69 snaps inside the opponent's 20-yard line last year. Ware was in the lineup on 22 such plays. -- Adam Teicher

Teicher seems to be generally disliked by Chiefs fans, and while I'm not totally on the hate bandwagon, this is a pretty lazy claim to make if that's all the evidence he has to back it up.

West was the bellcow after Charles went down, until he got hurt too - then Ware burst onto the scene and surprised everyone (the Chiefs' coaching staff included). By the time Ware started getting meaningful work, it was week 11 and West had already logged about 100 carries (and I don't know how many RZ snaps). Would be much more meaningful to compare redzone work when it was actually a RBBC, which was only 4 weeks of the season. I don't have the numbers, but Ware is a much more powerful runner and certainly seemed to be the goal line / short yardage back of choice.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 3

Teicher seems to be generally disliked by Chiefs fans, and while I'm not totally on the hate bandwagon, this is a pretty lazy claim to make if that's all the evidence he has to back it up.

West was the bellcow after Charles went down, until he got hurt too - then Ware burst onto the scene and surprised everyone (the Chiefs' coaching staff included). By the time Ware started getting meaningful work, it was week 11 and West had already logged about 100 carries (and I don't know how many RZ snaps). Would be much more meaningful to compare redzone work when it was actually a RBBC, which was only 4 weeks of the season. I don't have the numbers, but Ware is a much more powerful runner and certainly seemed to be the goal line / short yardage back of choice.

I had this same thought in line with that stat.

The thing that struck me about that video was how hard he is to bring down and what a tough runner he is. Also,however,is how quick Charles really is in comparison (if he returns as himself). When I watched Charles play, he is lightning quick! These 2 are gonna make for a dizzying combo.

Andy Reid has one hell of a resume when it comes to RBs.

the Chiefs in general too. it's pretty incredible how they went from Priest to Johnson to Charles the past 15 years and had a top 5 back almost the entire time. how many other teams can say that?

the Chiefs in general too. it's pretty incredible how they went from Priest to Johnson to Charles the past 15 years and had a top 5 back almost the entire time. how many other teams can say that?

I agree and I was thinking the same thing. From a fantasy perspective, you can always count on a Chief RB and TE.

• 2 weeks later...

Did he step out prior to hitting the pylon with the ball?

He started bobbling the ball, briefly regained control and hit the pylon, then lost it again. Refs ruled that he never regained control and just fumbled it out of the endzone, but that picture seems to indicate he had good control while crossing the plane.

He started bobbling the ball, briefly regained control and hit the pylon, then lost it again. Refs ruled that he never regained control and just fumbled it out of the endzone, but that picture seems to indicate he had good control while crossing the plane.

Oof