[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BRADFORD traded to minny

vegastaco39

so you think Bridgewater was worth building around? To me he is an average QB in the Alex Smith mold. He's not the type of player where I wouldn't try to replace him if the opportunity arose.

Absolutely. I think Alex Smith is his absolute floor, with his upside being that of Drew Brees. True story.

I must be the only person who thinks Bradford is serviceable. All I keep hearing from everyone is that he "sucks" and can't stay healthy. But he's about to play on the best team he has ever been on, with a running game that teams have to respect. The Vikings did what they had to do, as they really do have an opportunity to make a run to and through the playoffs with this team. Sam Bradford is Alex Smith-ish which is all he needs to be.

• Like 2

Absolutely. I think Alex Smith is his absolute floor, with his upside being that of Drew Brees. True story.

Was your account hacked by InTwit or the Axe? Nothing we've seen in Bridgewater inspires anything close to Brees aspirations.

I agree that Bradford is serviceable. Thing is, a serviceable QB isn't worth a 1st and 4th round pick. If Tom Brady was tradeable, what do you think NE could get for him? More than a 1st and 4th perhaps but probably not much more. Dallas just got Sanchez for free, although I will concede right now that Sanchez is below serviceable.

I agree that Bradford is serviceable. Thing is, a serviceable QB isn't worth a 1st and 4th round pick.

In this context, I think you're wrong. If the difference between Shaun Hill and Sam Bradford is 8-8 vs. multiple playoff wins, then this trade is worth it. I also think that, given the severity of Bridgewater's injury, we might be talking about the difference between 8-8 and multiple playoff wins over the next two seasons instead of just this one. In a vacuum, Bradford isn't worth that price tag. In this context, he probably is. At least Minnesota is trying to win.

• Like 1

Was your account hacked by InTwit or the Axe? Nothing we've seen in Bridgewater inspires anything close to Brees aspirations.

Bridgewater was just in his 2nd season last year. With hardly any receiving talent. He threw for a 65.3% completion rate. Better than Tom Brady or Carson Palmer or Eli Manning. As rookie he was at 64.4%. I've never seen a rookie QB with so much composure in the pocket and that threw the ball away as much as Bridgewater did. Dude threw for 9 INTs, down from 12 as a rookie. His 9 last year was one of the fewest for starting QBs that played 16 games. Sure, he threw the ball less, but when he did he was efficient and on target, and did not make mistakes. Very Brees-esque.

This isn't about fantasy football. If you want to have a fantasy discussion about Bridgewater, that changes things slightly.

Again, I said the upside is Drew Brees. Do I think he's going to put up Brees-like numbers in the fantasy realm? Probably not. But in terms of an NFL QB there are similarities in the way they are able to move in the pocket and make good decisions.

I've watched Brees for a LONG time and had the pleasure of watching Teddy during my time in MN. It may be a slight stretch but we're talking upside here, not a direct comp.

• Like 1

Bridgewater was just in his 2nd season last year. With hardly any receiving talent. He threw for a 65.3% completion rate. Better than Tom Brady or Carson Palmer or Eli Manning. As rookie he was at 64.4%. I've never seen a rookie QB with so much composure in the pocket and that threw the ball away as much as Bridgewater did. Dude threw for 9 INTs, down from 12 as a rookie. His 9 last year was one of the fewest for starting QBs that played 16 games. Sure, he threw the ball less, but when he did he was efficient and on target, and did not make mistakes. Very Brees-esque.

Quarterbacks have gotten significantly better statistically. You can't compare Teddy's first two years statistically to quarterbacks who were rookies ten years ago. Having a 65% completion percentage doesn't mean much now like it did 10 years ago. Sam Bradford had a 65% completion percentage last year. And Teddy's low interception rate doesn't mean much because he doesn't throw long often. He is the worst passer in the league on long passes. Long passes have a much higher interception rate than short passes.

After Brees' second year, nobody would have predicted how good he would become. Brees didn't become good until his fourth year. He had more interceptions than touchdowns in his 3rd year. But clearly Brees was dedicated to his craft and that allowed him to overachieve. I do understand the comparison to Teddy because Teddy also seems dedicated to his craft and isn't lacking mentally. A serious leg injury wouldn't have prevented Brees from becoming great. Time will tell if Teddy can overachieve as well.

Quarterbacks have gotten significantly better statistically. You can't compare Teddy's first two years statistically to quarterbacks who were rookies ten years ago. Having a 65% completion percentage doesn't mean much now like it did 10 years ago. Sam Bradford had a 65% completion percentage last year. And Teddy's low interception rate doesn't mean much because he doesn't throw long often. He is the worst passer in the league on long passes. Long passes have a much higher interception rate than short passes.

After Brees' second year, nobody would have predicted how good he would become. Brees didn't become good until his fourth year. He had more interceptions than touchdowns in his 3rd year. But clearly Brees was dedicated to his craft and that allowed him to overachieve. I do understand the comparison to Teddy because Teddy also seems dedicated to his craft and isn't lacking mentally. A serious leg injury wouldn't have prevented Brees from becoming great. Time will tell if Teddy can overachieve as well.

Eh, I guess. I was pinned as being Ass Elfish or iTwitty for the Brees comp, so I was merely providing my reasoning. Maybe that's why the Vikes went after Bradford. 65% completions is good, and if they can keep his INTs down, the team may not miss a beat.

And :lol: at you and this whole thing about Bridgewater and long passes. This isn't the first time you've banged on him for this. I don't know how many more times I can spell this out and quite frankly am not going to beat a dead horse if you're just not seeing it.

Brees is tiny and as you state, an overachiever. Add in the smart play and footwork and these are the positive points to Teddy's game. That was all I was trying to say and I got likened to AE and iTwit. :lol: Awesome. But hey, it's all about fantasy stats.

Edit: I will add, you are one of a small minority here that backs up your opinions fairly well. And remember, the Chargers let Breesus walk because they didn't think he'd ever recover from his shoulder injury. And we all see what happened there. Anyways... :tup:

Edited by darin3

First round picks are great, but even top 10 draft picks struggle to become everyday starters. It's not like Minnesota traded away guaranteed gold; they likely traded a mid to late 1st (and apparently a 4th) for what seems like a comparable QB to tiny hands Bridgewater.

I get it....it's not like they guaranteed Osweiller $40 million or paid a huge risk on their future.

The Vikings gave up a 1st rounder and a 4th for a one year injury riddled mediocre (at best) quarterback, who has to learn the playbook on the fly. This is a Trent Richardson trade level of bad.

And the arguments of Bradford just needing to be a game manager, and therefore the trade is good, is completely insane. Why pay a first and a fourth for any QB then, if that is all that is needed? Laugh all you want but they could have signed Mark Sanchez for nothing, and be in the exact same position. And no there really isn't a big difference between the two, if there is even a difference at all.

Feel free to revisit this thread if I (and others) are proven wrong this upcoming season, but mark my words, it is not going to happen.

You guys supporting this trade are either out of your freaking minds or just clueless. Tough words, but it is clear as day that the Vikings out of desperation dropped their pants and let the Eagles have their way with them.

The additional 4th is conditional, ie, could be higher than a 4th based upon games started/play-off finishes/performance with Bradford. Probably could be as good as a 2nd. Would really suck if it's up to another 1st.

Would it really suck if the conditional 4th went up to another 1st? Think about that. For that to happen Bradford would likely have had to start at least 15 games and finish in the top 10 (or even 5) QBs which means the Vikings not only made the playoffs but went deep. And they have him back the next year. I think I'd be ok trading an extra first rounder for all that.

The Vikings gave up a 1st rounder and a 4th for a one year injury riddled mediocre (at best) quarterback, who has to learn the playbook on the fly. This is a Trent Richardson trade level of bad.

And the arguments of Bradford just needing to be a game manager, and therefore the trade is good, is completely insane. Why pay a first and a fourth for any QB then, if that is all that is needed? Laugh all you want but they could have signed Mark Sanchez for nothing, and be in the exact same position. And no there really isn't a big difference between the two, if there is even a difference at all.

Feel free to revisit this thread if I (and others) are proven wrong this upcoming season, but mark my words, it is not going to happen.

You guys supporting this trade are either out of your freaking minds or just clueless. Tough words, but it is clear as day that the Vikings out of desperation dropped their pants and let the Eagles have their way with them.

+1. Marker me in for "b.a.d. trade for the Vikings." We can settle up in January of 2017 or 2018 depending on how it plays out.

Laugh all you want but they could have signed Mark Sanchez for nothing, and be in the exact same position. And no there really isn't a big difference between the two, if there is even a difference at all.

Bradford has been one of the best 32 QBs in the league his whole career. Sanchez hasn't been a full time starter since 2012. He couldn't get a roster spot over a 7th round rookie in a position where the Week 1 starting job was generally being given to him.

Your statement is an awesome lead in to calling people clueless a few sentences later. :lol:

• Like 1

+1. Marker me in for "b.a.d. trade for the Vikings." We can settle up in January of 2017 or 2018 depending on how it plays out.

FWIW, I'm not sure that anyone is necessarily saying it's a great trade for Minnesota. There seems to be a group of us defending the trade from their perspective; as in - it isn't monumentally bad as some are making it out to be.

And :lol: at you and this whole thing about Bridgewater and long passes. This isn't the first time you've banged on him for this. I don't know how many more times I can spell this out and quite frankly am not going to beat a dead horse if you're just not seeing it.

I'll beat a dead horse. We're on this message board for a dialogue. Just because you give an opinion doesn't mean others can't disagree with it. And there is no need to get frustrated or offended because someone does disagree with you.

Every analyst knocks Teddy for being atrocious on deep passes. He has a weak arm and is inaccurate on deep passes. When analytics are done by Pro Football Focus, he has graded out as horrible in every aspect of deep passing in both of his seasons. He does grade out excellently on short and intermediate passes. Your only argument was linking an article where his coach, Norv Turner, says that Teddy could make every throw required by his system. Norv doesn't deny that Teddy has a weak arm. And the article is mostly just a coach coachspeaking and making excuses for an obvious flaw of his player.

When I watch Teddy throw long, he looks totally unnatural. He looks like he is heaving a bowling ball. His sidearm delivery is not conducive to long passes. Is there one analyst in the world who thinks Teddy isn't a bad deep passer? Or are you saying that every expert and all the analytics are wrong?

And thank you compliment about me backing up my opinions. I try to. And I respect your opinions greatly. But I do think you sometimes let your emotions influence your arguments and state of mind. Many here are guilty of that.

Nobody is saying that it is a great trade for MN. Not sure where you're getting that from. All I'm saying is that I can understand why they did it. As for Sanchez, he's terrible. Even if Bradford is just SLIGHTLY better than Sanchez, I'll take the better option, regardless of price. I'll take chuck steak at a filet mignon price over dog meat every day of the week.

"Tough words"? LMAO. Look in the mirror, buddy.

Bradford has been one of the best 32 QBs in the league his whole career. Sanchez hasn't been a full time starter since 2012. He couldn't get a roster spot over a 7th round rookie in a position where the Week 1 starting job was generally being given to him.

Your statement is an awesome lead in to calling people clueless a few sentences later. :lol:

Exactly.

FWIW, I'm not sure that anyone is necessarily saying it's a great trade for Minnesota. There seems to be a group of us defending the trade from their perspective; as in - it isn't monumentally bad as some are making it out to be.

Somebody gets it.

• Like 1

Now there is nothing left to do but to wait for the season to start, and San Bradford to do what he does, and then get traded a for another 1st round pick to another stupid franchise.

Edited by Papajohn
  • Like 1