[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BRADFORD traded to minny

vegastaco39

I think it'd be a much more likable trade if Bradford wasn't so injury-prone himself. Wrong twist of the knee, and the Vikes are back to square one (except without a 1st and 4th this time). That said, it's easy to see why they did this - Bradford is no world beater, but they're definitely not going to a Super Bowl with McCown, Sanchez, or any other cheap replacement under center. They also had virtually no leverage in any trade talks. "You don't want to give us that much? OK, you're gonna be the ones stuck with Shaun Hill."

I think it'd be a much more likable trade if Bradford wasn't so injury-prone himself. Wrong twist of the knee, and the Vikes are back to square one (except without a 1st and 4th this time). That said, it's easy to see why they did this - Bradford is no world beater, but they're definitely not going to a Super Bowl with McCown, Sanchez, or any other cheap replacement under center. They also had virtually no leverage in any trade talks. "You don't want to give us that much? OK, you're gonna be the ones stuck with Shaun Hill."

LOL ... and they definitely aren't going to the SB with Bradford either

• Like 3

LOL ... and they definitely aren't going to the SB with Bradford either

Flacco, Kaepernick, and '15-'16 Peyton all were able to ride great defenses to the big game in recent years - it's certainly conceivable that if Bradford stays healthy (obviously a huge IF), he could do the same with a very talented Vikings D. You don't need an elite QB, but you do seem to need a competent one - I think with Sanchez, Hill, McCown, etc. you dip below that 'competency' threshold. Remember the Cardinals without Palmer two years ago, starting Drew Stanton? Defense held their own, but the offense couldn't buy a touchdown. I think that's what we'd see from Minnesota if they didn't do much to upgrade the QB position after Bridgewater's injury.

If you put any stock in PFF's player grades, they ranked Bradford has the #12 QB in football last season - one spot above Teddy, and also above guys like Rivers, Bortles, Stafford, Eli, and Flacco.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 4

Flacco, Kaepernick, and '15-'16 Peyton all were able to ride great defenses to the big game in recent years - it's certainly conceivable that if Bradford stays healthy (obviously a huge IF), he could do the same with a very talented Vikings D. You don't need an elite QB, but you do seem to need a competent one - I think with Sanchez, Hill, McCown, etc. you dip below that 'competency' threshold. Remember the Cardinals without Palmer two years ago, starting Drew Stanton? Defense held their own, but the offense couldn't buy a touchdown. I think that's what we'd see from Minnesota if they didn't do much to upgrade the QB position after Bridgewater's injury.

If you put any stock in PFF's player grades, they ranked Bradford has the #12 QB in football last season - one spot above Teddy, and also above guys like Rivers, Bortles, Stafford, Eli, and Flacco.

Good knowledge drop.

And Wentz it is.

broken rib and all. Seems like a pretty poor decision IMO considering he came from DII and had about 38 pre-season throws. Hopefully they don't stunt his growth if all goes poorly.

On the flip side, maybe they figure they are playing Cleveland and can get a soft start and bench him for week 2 if it goes too badly.

It is strange because it goes counter to everything they have been saying since the draft. On the plus side it made one guy's wild ass guess be correct :irishwink:

broken rib and all. Seems like a pretty poor decision IMO considering he came from DII and had about 38 pre-season throws. Hopefully they don't stunt his growth if all goes poorly.

On the flip side, maybe they figure they are playing Cleveland and can get a soft start and bench him for week 2 if it goes too badly.

It is strange because it goes counter to everything they have been saying since the draft. On the plus side it made one guy's wild ass guess be correct :irishwink:

LMAO, yeah I'm kind of shocked they're throwing him into the fire. Guess he's gotta be pretty healed up and a much better option. We'll find out, as a Cowboys' fan, I'm hoping not.

Well, I LOVE this as an Eagles fan AND a Bradford hater.

I wish they would have given Wentz one more week to heal, but here is why I think they didn't: What if Daniels actually had a good game or three...... QB controversy.

But other than that, this THRILLS me..... Bug eyes is gone, and we start fresh with a guy who seems to be a really good QB for the future....

As a Cowboys fan, I'm thrilled to see that Wentz isn't ready...oh wait, guy looks like a damn stud!

this was against the Browns, the consensus worst team in the league

He's still a rookie and he did his job. I'm sure you watched the game, the kid made some really nice throws.

very nice game for Bradford.

As long as they can keep him from taking big shots, MIN offense will be better than last year....well passing; I'm not sure about their running game now that AP got injured.

• 3 weeks later...

I never understood the Bradford hate, i've always been a fan. He's had some extremely bad luck with injuries, and played behind one of the worst offensive lines/offenses in the league in St. Louis, and coach in Chip Kelly. Plug him into a decent team and he's done incredibly well. I'm almost hoping the Chargers trade away Rivers so we can win one with a decently run franchise and shut up some of the neigh-sayers ..