[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sammy Watkins

InTomWeTrust

Sammy Watkins has a lot of talent. When pressured, an immobile quarterback could throw the ball up for him to make a play on. Tyrod isn't immobile. He can run when pressured. I can't see Sammy Watkins ever getting 100 receptions while he has Tyrod as his quarterback. Mobile quarterbacks rarely produce stud fantasy receivers.

Look at the stat line for the week 17 Bills Jets game. I think that is the model they want for 2016.

Reading between the lines in radio interviews I think the goal is Watkins on bubble screens, slants, and deep stuff. The whole route tree.

Patterns they ran less than frequent in 2015.

100 receptions? Well that's unlikely for most. But 75-80 and 1300 and 10. That should be in the realistic vein.

• Like 2

yaaaaaa...i love watkins....i do...in another situation hed be a bonafied stud.....

i think relative to his ADP he isnt a bad pick...because he COULD go off and be huge....its not highly unlikely...i just think its unlikely

i dont wanna knock tyrod taylor...because he was pretty efficient last year....and i dont have a read on him....maybe he takes another step forward and becomes a legit starting qb.....but i dont really wanna hinge my stud wr to a 6 ft former 3rd string qb on a team that wants to run the heck out of the ball.....i mean....whats the ceiling for taylor for pass attempts? 450? not that you cant get some things done with that.....weve seen that from russell wilson.....weve seen baldwin make a difference...

i have to say watkins is a guy that ive avoided in drafts....but fully admit that of any guys i kind of said "eh...no"....he has the best chance to explode and be big

for some reason, I don't like the Buffalo offense. I don't have a single player on any of my 5 teams so far. Now that could change as I've got 5 more to go. I do agree that of anyone in that tier, Watkins has some really nice upside.

for some reason, I don't like the Buffalo offense. I don't have a single player on any of my 5 teams so far. Now that could change as I've got 5 more to go. I do agree that of anyone in that tier, Watkins has some really nice upside.

i think there are really only two draftable starters on that offense anyway...watkins and mccoy....i do own mccoy in one league ...got him in the 3rd round of a ppr league after going wr/wr.....i dont feel great...but i dont feel bad about it......i mean...they run the ball...he can catch.....i think hes a decent value....barring injury i know what im gonna get out of him....and at that point im looking for some sustainable weekly production that doesnt need to be big...im gonna get that from my receivers and te.....

but i feel you....buffalo doesnt inspire confidence

so you figure only 16 wrs will be taken before the 6th rd?

Its not a question of who takes what, its my own personal ranking. If I go WR/WR i prefer going RB heavy so I wouldn't be looking for him. If I go RB/RB or WR/RB then I think there will be more valuable WRs to choose from. 6th was an estimate, thus the question mark.

K, tell me how that's not a fair statement

Watkins stays healthy and he can outscore hopkins or be this years hopkins

Any time you analyze a player, you always throw out some off the wall comparison to a completely unrelated player. Like last year you said Jimmy Graham was going to be twice as good as Gronk. So when you say Watkins is going to be better than Hopkins, are you saying that Watkins will have more than 111 receptions, 1,521 yards, and 11 touchdowns? Or are you saying that Hopkins numbers are going to fall drastically? No matter how good Watkins is, Tyrod Taylor is not a quarterback that can produce a receiver with numbers like that.

Any time you analyze a player, you always throw out some off the wall comparison to a completely unrelated player. Like last year you said Jimmy Graham was going to be twice as good as Gronk. So when you say Watkins is going to be better than Hopkins, are you saying that Watkins will have more than 111 receptions, 1,521 yards, and 11 touchdowns? Or are you saying that Hopkins numbers are going to fall drastically? No matter how good Watkins is, Tyrod Taylor is not a quarterback that can produce a receiver with numbers like that.

everybody struck out on graham last year

I say that because if Watkins can stay healthy he has the ability to outscore hopkins this year meaning, If I were at the #9 spot in a draft I would rather grab Leveon Bell and get a guy in the second like brandon marshall and nab watkins in the third because he can easily be the hopkins of this year

everybody struck out on graham last year

Please correct yourself - in fact, I demand it because I did not strike out on Graham last year...I drafted him in exactly ZERO leagues and had exactly ZERO regrets for doing so...therefore, I call that a GRAND SLAM, instead! ;)