[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR/TE Same Position Question

heehawks

So, in my long time local, we don't have a mandatory TE position. However, we can start a TE in one or all of our three WR slots. We have been this way a very long time. Our league is 0.5 per rec. QBs are 6pt tds. Everything else pretty standard.

My question is, where do you value TEs when they are in the same rankings together with WRs?

Most of the time, Gronk still goes pretty early in our drafts, but definitely not in the first round. Last year, our champion had Reed and Gronk in two of his WR slots for most of the year.

To be honest, I've always struggled a bit drafting with the homies when it comes to valuing a TE in the right draft spots when they are grouped together with all of the WRs. I print off the myHuddle rankings using our league scoring, with the TE/WR ranking together for reference.

So, any thoughts on how some of the top tier TEs would rank in comparison to typical Tier 1 and Tier 2 WRs?

Could really use a bit of insight on this one, so I can finally get my helmet on and get in the game.

Edited by heehawks

That doesn't change anything ... you just rank them in with the WRs. Like when drafting any other WR when considering a TE you will consider projected stats and projected consistency.

Cool, that is what I tend to do. Pretty easy to value Gronk, Reed, and to an extent Olsen. But I just am brain locked for some stupid reason on where to value guys like...Kelce, or Walker. Do I keep them in the Kevin White, Devante Parker, and Benjamin class or do I put them closer towards the Crabtree, Fitz, and E.Sanders class? Mostly go on gut after all the research, but my gut is not smart when it comes to valuing TE and WR together. :kicksrock: Even on ranking lists....

Edited by heehawks

If I had a wide receiver and tight end projected similarly, I'd go with the receiver because the receiver will have a higher ceiling. You can be pretty sure that no tight end except Gronk will end up top 10.

In one of my leagues we don't have to start a TE, but they still hold value because it's 16 team league. But yeah, you group them with the WRs and choose the best player. From a fantasy perspective, Gronk would be equal to a WR2.

Cool, that is what I tend to do. Pretty easy to value Gronk, Reed, and to an extent Olsen. But I just am brain locked for some stupid reason on where to value guys like...Kelce, or Walker. Do I keep them in the Kevin White, Devante Parker, and Benjamin class or do I put them closer towards the Crabtree, Fitz, and E.Sanders class? Mostly go on gut after all the research, but my gut is not smart when it comes to valuing TE and WR together. :kicksrock: Even on ranking lists....

You put them where your projections put them. If your projections have them with similar production to a White/Parker/Benjamin type, you put them there, if your projections are in the Crabtree/Fitz/Sanders area, you put them there.

Take position out of it - basically for your league there is no such thing as a TE - they are all WRs.

Think of it like you would a flex decision - start (or in this case pick) the one you project to score the most points, the position they play is irrelevant.

• Like 1