[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

8 Team League Strategy?!

Adam12

We have 8 team league, PPR with one keeper. I kept Jordy Nelson for 15th rounder (last) and have #1 pick. I am taking Brown #1.

What type of strategy do I go with in a smaller league? I was thinking get another WR at #16 (would have Brown, Nelson, and possibly Evans) then at #17 would you go with QB to get an elite one? It would be Rodgers at 17, don't think he will be around at 32 or 33 and Cam is a keeper. Or could wait and get Brees or Luck at 3?

I know QB is deep but there will be great options on Waivers so not too worried about depth. Gronk could fall to 16 (doubtful) but I am thinking get elite talent at QB and TE if possible.

Thanks for your opinions. I know it's small league but please share helpful thoughts.

Edited by Adam12

Wait on the QB. There'll be a lot of stacked teams in a league of 8. I wouldn't change my draft strategy based on 8 teams vs 10 or 12. I think the biggest change is following the waiver wire throughout the year bc there'll be a lot better talent waiting for your there.

An 8 team standard ppr roster there is no strategy. I run an 8 team league myself but to force somewhat of a strategy the starting lineups require 2qbs,2rbs,4wrs,2tes,2pks,and 2def which QB scoring is a little inflated as is the defensive scoring. Talk about a fun league - this is it..