[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you diversify?

Montana is da Man

Gotta go with the gut ... that is what drafting is all about, getting those players whom you feel will over perform, even if you take them earlier than the cheat sheets tell you. This year, I have Langford and Marvin Jones on as many teams as possible.

It can bite back (like the year I drafted Pitta everywhere, I looked like a genius for 3 weeks until the hip), but I stand behind my gut every day (literally and figuratively).

Almost always I go with what my gut tells me is the right pick, and end up with a lot of the same players in the middle rounds, and occasionally early rounds where I had picks close to each other. This year, in my redrafts, I seem to have a lot of Doug Martin, Allen Hurns and Kirk Cousins off the top of my head.

Full disclosure, last night I did tweak from my gut a little and took Leveon Bell over Martin in one league, however, in that one which is a 2-player keeper, I already had David Johnson as a keeper for my 10th round pick, so was willing to take the 3 game hit.

Diversification sucks for the most part. You find yourself rooting for a player to score at least 11 points this week but no more than 13.

I have finally accepted the fact that you can't control overlapping matchups. Across multiple teams I have a stake in tons of players. Some overlap and some don't and there is quite a bit of overalp of players I don't have. So when I see a player from one or more of my teams score I am happy. I just hope the other players on my teams can offset the matchups where I happen to be playing against them. I do pull against players I don't own in any league for one reason or another (I'm talking to you David Johnson and Cam Newton!).

I also don't spend much time if any at all looking at who I am playing against from league to league. That makes it easier to just cheer for all my guys then hope for the best when I look at the damage at the end of the day!

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone for the input. I know it's unavoidable to end up with some of the same guys when we have so many teams (I have 10) but I was more curious as to my situation with having 3 drafts and the # 2 pick in all of them.

Would you draft the same guy across all 3 leagues or diversify?

Thanks to everyone for the input. I know it's unavoidable to end up with some of the same guys when we have so many teams (I have 10) but I was more curious as to my situation with having 3 drafts and the # 2 pick in all of them.

In other words we didn't answer the question. LOL

I would draft the guy I wanted in two, and the third I would diversify.

• Like 1

Depending on league rules I would take Antonio Brown if he is available, in all of them. Brown is safe because even if he disappoints, short of an injury he won't kill you. After that in ppr I would be tempted to take Beckham or Julio over Gurley in one or more. I think Gurley is a clear #2 but chances of injury for a RB seem higher so being all in on him or any RB could be really bad if they get hurt.

• Like 1

Like AC said, unless its AB, I would split it up between OBJ, Julio and D.Johnson/Gurley

I take the same player unless he is chosen. If I am think Player A is the best player and he is there when I pick for each draft, he will be on all three of my teams.

My diversity comes in later rounds. But for the first 3-5, I stay the course no matter how many leagues I am in.

I play in two high stakes leagues that are competitive...then one kinda joke league with friends that has some good players and some terrible ones

I know some guys that play in 5 or 6 competitive high stakes leagues....and to me its just stupid....you basically end up playing with a team of guys you could be playing against in another league....

I usually identifiy a core group of guys that I really want...and do my best to acquire most of them...with some variations and differences.....but usually stay around the same group...or maybe try to get some guys I missed out on in another draft.....to me its not fun to be rooting for a bunch of different guys to come through....or drafting 5 or 6 teams and hoping 1 or 2 stick.....doesn't show any skill to me...I realize fantasy is a lot of luck....but there is some skill too

I usually identify a core group of guys that I really want...and do my best to acquire most of them...with some variations and differences.....but usually stay around the same group...or maybe try to get some guys I missed out on in another draft.....to me its not fun to be rooting for a bunch of different guys to come through....or drafting 5 or 6 teams and hoping 1 or 2 stick.....doesn't show any skill to me...I realize fantasy is a lot of luck....but there is some skill too

+1