[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your gut instinct said no to which players?

Atlanta Cracker

Just curious as I found myself in several drafts where a few players drafted early at or around their ADP and/or projections didn't "feel" right. I would certainly take them if a glaring oversight took place and there was clear value, just something tells me they may not live up to expectations. Here are a few of mine, who are some of yours?

David Johnson - Didn't really have the chance to draft him in many leagues as my slot was later but also couldn't justify paying what it would take to get him in my auction either. Just seems to me with Johnson and Ellington healthy he either won't get the same amount of work he did to finish off last year or if he does he could break down over the season and yield more to those two.

Julio Jones - I'm a homer and a huge Falcons fan and I hope I'm wrong about him this year. I liked him better in drafts last year being undervalued but I don't know if he can hold up the whole year with the same workload. Hopefully not a huge disappointment but not quite the same expectations as last year.

Doug Martin - I've owned him in one dynasty league for years. Too frustrating hoping for consistent production. You may get a few big games if you start him but give me another tier 1 or 2 WR around his ADP any day.

Carlos Hyde - I just can't buy it. What in the world has he ever done to make you think he can stay healthy OR produce in a Chip Kelly offense that hasn't exactly lit up the RB position over the last few years? Plus a terrible team.

Anyone Else?

Edited by Atlanta Cracker

Just curious as I found myself in several drafts where a few players drafted early at or around their ADP and/or projections didn't "feel" right. I would certainly take them if a glaring oversight took place and there was clear value, just something tells me they may not live up to expectations. Here are a few of mine, who are some of yours?

David Johnson - Didn't really have the chance to draft him in many leagues as my slot was later but also couldn't justify paying what it would take to get him in my auction either. Just seems to me with Johnson and Ellington healthy if he either won't get the same amount of work he did to finish off last year or if he does he could break down over the season and yield more to those two.

Julio Jones - I'm a homer and a huge Falcons fan and I hope I'm wrong about him this year. I liked him better in drafts last year being undervalued but I don't know if he can hold up the whole year with the same workload. Hopefully not a huge disappointment but not quite the same expectations as last year.

Doug Martin - I've owned him in one dynasty league for years. Too frustrating hoping for consistent production. You may get a few big games if you start him but give me another tier 1 or 2 WR around his ADP any day.

Carlos Hyde - I just can't buy it. What in the world has he ever done to make you think he can stay healthy OR produce in a Chip Kelly offense that hasn't exactly lit up the RB position over the last few years? Plus a terrible team.

Anyone Else?

I share your intuitions on Hyde and Martin, but not at all on Juilo or David Johnson.

I found myself not high on DT, Watkins or Freeman.

Freeman, Forte, D. Baldwin... and currently not buying the C-Mike steam. I won't deny he'll get his chance to take the job or make it a true timeshare, but I don't know if the light can just go on for a RB... he hasn't shown it yet, don't think he's gonna now, regardless of what he looked like in the pre-season.

Yeah, Julio was the big one for me. Had to choose between him or ODB in PPR. Went with ODB because Julio is just too injury prone. Hopefully that one doesn't come back to bite me, because he is a PPR monster. Other notable players I passed on this year because of that gut feeling were Adrian Peterson, Gronk, and McCoy...damn, I hope I wasn't just hungry LOL.

• Like 1

Charles, Dez, Watkins, Kelce, Jeffery, to name a few. But I would take them if they fell....real far.

I agree with all of these. Add David Johnson, not that I think he will be bad but not worth an early first round pick. I've had Kelce for the last few years and just doesn't get it done.

Freeman actually went late enough (late 2nd roundish) that I think that's about the right value for most leagues, especially ppr. He just seems to have a better nose for the hole than Coleman but I know Shannahan wants to get Coleman more involved so he may screw up his fantasy value like he did Ryan's (while elevating Julio regardless of injury). Either way I only ended up with him in 32 Homers so I don't have a lot of skin in that game anyway.

Yeah, Julio was the big one for me. Had to choose between him or ODB in PPR. Went with ODB because Julio is just too injury prone. Hopefully that one doesn't come back to bite me, because he is a PPR monster. Other notable players I passed on this year because of that gut feeling were Adrian Peterson, Gronk, and McCoy...damn, I hope I wasn't just hungry LOL.

I hope you are wrong about McCoy. I have 5 shares of him across 15 leagues.

i basically said no to any 1st or 2nd round running back....I prefer the next group of guys like demarco, lasean or lacy....feel they have the potential to finish as a top 5-8 type at a cheaper price

I don't own Julio this year...after he lead me to two titles last year....I really hate drafting a guy again the next year after he has a career year for me the year before...im always looking for that guy whos gonna have his career year not who has had it....although I wouldn't be surprised if Julio was still around what he did last year

I think the only guy mentioned so far I own is shady...

Only league is 12 team with 5 keepers, so top 50+ guys are not even there to consider.

For me this year one guy was Jonathan Stewart. I didn't keep him (went with LatMurray and Abdullah at RB) and didn't pick him when the value was there (our first 2-3 rounds), instead looking at other options including Deangelo Williams who will give me a few solid weeks as starter and maybe more.

I steered clear of the BAL, SEA, NE and a few other cloudy backfields.

A lot of people are down on Freeman this year. I drafted him in the 4th in one league and in an auction I got him for almost $20 under his supposed ESPN value. To me that's good value. I don't follow the Falcons at all, and have read blurbs about Coleman but I've never seen more disrespect for the #1 back the previous year lol...