[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting Tonight

JimKW

I'm in a 10 team league and we are drafting tonight.

Scoring is in my signature.

Each team keeps two players from last year.

I made a trade and picked up Le'Veon Bell for a 3rd round pick so he is one of my Keepers.

My other Keeper is David Johnson.

Five QB's were kept - Cam, Drew, Eli, Ben and Aaron.

I have the fifth pick tonight - we do not do snake draft. We go reverse order of last years finish.

I am fairly certain that Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck will be available at #5.

I don't have a 3rd round pick - used it for Bell. I do have two 5th round picks.

There will be some mix of these also available at #5: Gronk, Allen Robinson, Mike Evans and Jordy.

QB's mean a lot in our league and I'm leaning towards taking Wilson and if gone Luck. But I would have a hard time passing up Gronk or one of the top WR's. Everybody I mentioned will be gone by #15.

Keep in mind there are 20 players kept so our first round is not all players. Zeke will most likely go #1 since the team with #1 is named Killer Kowboys.

If Gronk is there I would take him, but I doubt four people will pass on him. Based on who they kept, I'm thinking all but one of them in front of me will go for a RB. Which means the other 3 WR's should fall to me.

Yea why are QBs valued in your league? It's the same as regular scoring formats except the Pts per rush/pass/rec are halved which. This does increase the value of TDs but if you look at PPG differential between regular standard scoring and your league's scoring, it doesn't really affect the relative value of the top QBs as their total fantasy production was already weighted heavily for TDs, which is why you only see maybe a 1-2 PPG decrease between normal scoring and your league's. On the other hand, WRs see about 75% of the production compared to normal scoring.

Especially being a 10 team, with 5 QBs off the board you can still get Wilson, Palmer, Brady (stream until 5), Bortles, Luck unless someone doubles up at the position. I'd rather spend your early picks on a top TE where there is the largest standard deviation in TD production and sees a much larger drop off after the top tier. WR and RB selection would depend on who else is available, but I would definitely wait on QB. If you are already assuming that the first 3 owners take RBs and you're 5th then it is possible Gronk falls to you.