[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, Wentz looked NFL ready.

Papa Deuce

I am an avowed Bradford hater, but even though it is only week 1, I would take Wentz over Bradford ( for the Eagles ), if for no other reason than Carson doesn't look confused all the time, like Bradford does.

My prediction is an 8 - 8 Eagles season...... which is pretty much about the same as I would have said Bradford would have led the Eagles to....... but there is so much more hope in the air now.

Its like the cloud over philly has kinda lifted. Andy Reid is gone. Chip Kelly is gone. A new coach. An excellent rookie showing. Trades for great draft picks, particularly Sam Bradford leaving. Maybe philly fans will even stop hating their team.

There was a lot of hate, for sure. But your analogy is spot on, I think. We needed to exterminate the bug that was Chip Kelly. and Andy, well, he was good, but just not quite good enough.

I will enjoy the fresh air for as long as it lasts.

• Like 1

Its like the cloud over philly has kinda lifted. Andy Reid is gone. Chip Kelly is gone. A new coach. An excellent rookie showing. Trades for great draft picks, particularly Sam Bradford leaving. Maybe philly fans will even stop hating their team.

We will do no such thing...

Life long Eagles fan and it is a bummer that people are so hard on our team/players. Donnie, for example, was great for our team and there was soooo much hate on him.

We will do no such thing...

Life long Eagles fan and it is a bummer that people are so hard on our team/players. Donnie, for example, was great for our team and there was soooo much hate on him.

Yeah. I did not understand why either. From what I read/heard he was very involved in Philly and would play basketball with whoever showed up at a particular court. I think?

I told folks last week to temper their gleeagles...

This is a Browns team that will be lucky to win 2 games.

Agree he looked poised for a rookie, but that happens when there is no pressure on the QB all day.

Now we have to listen to all the Browns fans "see we could have drafted him and he'd be our franchise QB."

Agree he looked poised for a rookie, but that happens when there is no pressure on the QB all day.

Now we have to listen to all the Browns fans "see we could have drafted him and he'd be our franchise QB."

Well, I would rather have Wentz than RG3 any day of the week. I can't understand why the Browns didn't feel that way.

Edited by Papa Deuce

Well, I would rather have Wentz than RG3 any day of the week. I can't understand why the Browns didn't feel that way.

The Browns probably felt that their crappy team would just destroy a top QB like has happened several other times. Or that the top overall pick QBs don't pan out often so why take that risk.

I'm fine with passing on Wentz and taking the RG3 experiment on the cheap. Most thought he'd fail miserably, others thought he'd get hurt early. I don't think either one was pre-ordained, and watching most of the game he appeared to try avoiding contact, and probably didn't expect to get plastered at the sideline, or maybe he thought Barnidge might try and help block the tackler.

To be clear I am NOT nocking Wentz, I think he could be very good. Just so tired of the Browns fans who all act like they have experience as NFL GMs. Many were calling for Hue to be fired before the season even started. Be it because of RG3, not kicking Crowell off the team or some other lame reason.

To be clear I am NOT nocking Wentz, I think he could be very good. Just so tired of the Browns fans who all act like they have experience as NFL GMs. Many were calling for Hue to be fired before the season even started. Be it because of RG3, not kicking Crowell off the team or some other lame reason.

Why would they kick Crowell off the team? He's not bad if he's got a decent o-line.

The Browns probably felt that their crappy team would just destroy a top QB like has happened several other times. Or that the top overall pick QBs don't pan out often so why take that risk.

I'm fine with passing on Wentz and taking the RG3 experiment on the cheap. Most thought he'd fail miserably, others thought he'd get hurt early. I don't think either one was pre-ordained, and watching most of the game he appeared to try avoiding contact, and probably didn't expect to get plastered at the sideline, or maybe he thought Barnidge might try and help block the tackler.

From Yahoo Sports. via ESPN.

• They expect Griffin to miss 10-12 weeks.
  • Regarding QB Cody Kessler, “Browns sources say Kessler isn't close to being ready to play -- expectations for him aren't particularly high.”
  • This is the most interesting nugget, which insinuates that Hue Jackson was so consumed with trying to fix Griffin, that it might have held him back from his full potential.

“Yet there are those in the Browns' building who think Griffin's injury could turn out to be a good thing for the franchise, because coach Hue Jackson was so focused on righting Griffin. The team now can move on and do what it needs.”

• Lastly, sources tell Schefter and Mort that the quarterbacks the Browns loved in the offseason were Jared Goff, Kessler, and Griffin. The quarterbacks they didn't care for were Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott. It figures that the latter two guys are the ones with the highest stock thus far.
Edited by Papa Deuce

Wow Wentz and Dak have high stock after week 1, I guess the Browns should trade their draft picks for the next 5 years to sign one of those two then. I'm sure the Cowboys and Eagles will battle for the NFC title this year....

I'm not sure if you have a point or not, other than the usual "Browns suck and make horrible decisions' which I get in spades from the local fans.

Wow Wentz and Dak have high stock after week 1, I guess the Browns should trade their draft picks for the next 5 years to sign one of those two then. I'm sure the Cowboys and Eagles will battle for the NFC title this year....

I'm not sure if you have a point or not, other than the usual "Browns suck and make horrible decisions' which I get in spades from the local fans.

Actually, I have no concern one way or the other, really, since they are in the AFC.

Until we meet in the Super Bowl. :tup:

I think it was blind optimism to think that RGIII would not get hurt at some point in the season. I am okay with the thought of rolling the dice with RGIII as long as strong contingency plan was in place.