[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RGIII to miss extended time

loaf

Dude just can't stay healthy. Some guys just don't have the "tough" body to play consistently in the NFL. Too bad, he looked like he could be special during his rookie year.

And the great ones seem to never take a shot like that. Man has to know his limitations.

• Like 1

Will he never learn? He's too damn small to be taking shots trying to eek out an extra yard or three. Run out of bounds or slide, jeez.

Hahaha he had 100 yards of side line to run out of bounds and he chose the 2 feet where a defender was returning from being pushed out of bounds.

You know, this guy seems to look for trouble. I'm starting to think his ego is so fragile that he'd rather get hurt and have that as an excuse so he doesn't have to play on the field yet can collect checks and say "yeah if not for this or that, I'd be starting in the NFL." The guy is just weird if you ask me. Makes really bad choices on the field. Will never be anything special at QB.

• Like 2

You know, this guy seems to look for trouble. I'm starting to think his ego is so fragile that he'd rather get hurt and have that as an excuse so he doesn't have to play on the field yet can collect checks and say "yeah if not for this or that, I'd be starting in the NFL." The guy is just weird if you ask me. Makes really bad choices on the field. Will never be anything special at QB.

You know, I think this is a terrible post. :lol: What?

Some guys' bodies are just not built for the NFL. RG3 was a track star. He's listed at 6'2", 218 lbs. I've seen him up close and I seriously doubt he was 6'2". I'm barely 6' and he didn't look any taller than me. And at the time I would have bet he was closer to 200 lbs.

Guys that rely on their legs as much as RG3 does have to be built with a more solid frame. Look at Cam Newton. The guy is a beast.

Somewhat unrelated but I think it's germane to the topic is looking at NBA athletes and how they'd "translate" to the NFL. Example: Kevin Durant is a crazy good athlete, freakishly athletic for his size. But could you imagine a guy with his body type in the NFL? He would be destroyed. Take, on the other hand, another awesome athlete in LeBron James. He'd probably be an all-pro TE, and he was already an accomplished WR in high school.

RG3's body simply can't handle the rigors of being hit clean by NFL defenders. He was an elite college QB because of the system he ran and the fact that most college defenders couldn't catch him and when they did, never really got clean hits on him. I saw him at Baylor a ton.

Again :lol: at the whole "I choose to get hurt" thing. Good lord, you and iTwit should start a poo-flinging contest.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

Barnidge should be relevant again then...

I'm gonna guess you didn't watch the game, Barnidge had two passes right on his hands and dropped them. Not sure if he was involved other than that, but dropping easy passes is on him not his QB. I seriously think people have overvalued him, the Pro Bowl nod is partially to blame. The last great offensive weapon the Browns had was Peyton HIllis. Both were cases of few other offensive weapons and one guy being fed the ball.

That is ALMOST absurd as some of your "Cowboys are gonna do it now" posts. :crazy:

I'm gonna guess you didn't watch the game, Barnidge had two passes right on his hands and dropped them. Not sure if he was involved other than that, but dropping easy passes is on him not his QB. I seriously think people have overvalued him, the Pro Bowl nod is partially to blame. The last great offensive weapon the Browns had was Peyton HIllis. Both were cases of few other offensive weapons and one guy being fed the ball.

Not Josh Gordon?

Guess the real question is how much to downgrade the offensive skill players. Don't really follow Cleveland enough to accurately assess the backup QB. Hopefully he throws to WRS. Otherwise, I wasted picks on Pryor and Gordon I NV various leagues.

• Like 1

Come on Steve. You're better than this. Don't let the bullies of the Huddle influence you. And Cowboyz1, I enjoy your "Cowboys are gonna do it now" posts.

Not sure what I'm better than, or how the bullies influenced me. I saw somebody utter complete BS and I called them out. I've been doing that for a long time. C1's threads can be amusing, but he says lots of wild stuff like this and seems to be serious about it.