[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Goff 1 Wentz 2 a repeat of Leaf 1 Manning 2?

Cowboyz1

A week in and it's looking like the Rams came up snake eyes when they picked him at one and left Wentz to the Eagles. Is it time to fire the scouting department or will Goff get it together and climb the depth chart to become the QB the Rams envisioned. They have to be sick watching Wentz in Philly win while their pick holds a clip board watching Keenum drive their offense through the guard rail and over a cliff.

I wonder what the mood is in the scouting department right about now. Sucks to be that wrong and you had the right guy within your grasp.

No. Wentz will never be as good as Manning and Goff will never be as bad as Leaf.

It is too early to be even thinking about this. Let's have Goff play a few games and see how he looks then. Let's also have Wentz face some better defenses and see how he does.

Personally, I think neither of them will be nothing more than mediocre QBs who in 3-5 years will be with a new team as a backup.

• Like 1

It was Mannning 1, Leaf 2. But either way, too early to tell how these guys will pan out. The Rams are at least trying not to feed Goff to the wolves. I also don't think there is a comparison to be made regarding Manning and Leaf, as they came out with WAY higher expectations as better prospects.

• Like 1

Goff may not be Leaf crazy but he sure ain't too swift either. Goff was asked where the sun sets and he didn't know. Yep, he didn't know.

How a boy can grow up and make it through college and not know where the Sun sets or directions North, South, East, West is beyond me.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Agree it's too early but I will say the mentoring and development angle of the QB is VASTLY in Wentz's favor right now. Why would we have any confidence that Fisher can develop a young QB?

I just cannot believe that a QB can go from first round/first pick talent to suddenly being worse than Case Keenum.

ETA: and if Wentz was in Cleveland, he'd probably suck just as bad. If you have the coaching and investment, you can be taught to be good (see Garoppolo recently in NE)

Edited by stethant
  • Like 1

Hard to make the comparison to Manning/Leaf because Peyton turned out to be, well, Peyton and Leaf failed so miserably. Goff hasn't even played yet so the Leaf comparison is unfair at this point. Perhaps we can compare them to Bledsoe/Mirer instead?

Edited by Tripleshot

Hard to make the comparison to Manning/Leaf because Peyton turned out to be, well, Peyton and Leaf failed so miserably. Goff hasn't even played yet so the Leaf comparison is unfair at this point. Perhaps we can compare them to Bledsoe/Mirer instead?

As the above poster said, If you can't beat out Case Closed Keenum, as a 1st round pick, your prospects can't be very good.

Been in Philly all week this week for work and gezus. It's literally the ONLY thing the local radio guys and fans have been talking about. I can't tell you how many times I've heard these guys out here say that this is the best performance by a rookie QB in his first game, EVER. They're all over this guys nuts - they truly think they have the next Tom Brady out here..

I'm literally starting to hate the guy cause I've probably heard his name about 1800 times these past 5 days.

Me, I'm ready to go home and get back to reality.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Been in Philly all week this week for work and gezus. It's literally the ONLY thing the local radio guys and fans have been talking about. I can't tell you how many times I've heard these guys out here say that this is the best performance by a rookie QB in his first game, EVER. They're all over this guys nuts - they truly think they have the next Tom Brady out here..

I'm literally starting to hate the guy cause I've probably heard his name about 1800 times these past 5 days.

I guess they missed Mariota's first game just a year ago.

Well, I don't know, but has there ever been a better first game by a rookie QB?..... especially by one who pretty much didn't even have a preseason? (OK, Mariotta, but he had a pedigree and a preseason )

The fact is, he looked better in that one game, that Sam Bradford ever looked in Philly.... he was calm. He made several fabulous throws, and he even audibled in his first series!

He's like Tim Tebow.... but with 10x the talent, LOL.

Now, seriously, I live right next to Philly, and I hear what you are saying about the radio guys.... but at this time of year - if the Phillies are not in the playoff hunt - the EAGLES are the only sport that matters. And given week 1's performance by Wentz, I think you can / should expect that here.

With Chip Kelly and his nonsense gone, this coach, this QB, and this team feels like a breath of fresh air.

We are excited.

Edited by Papa Deuce

Umm its been 1 week. A bit early for any sort of comparison like this IMO

Idiots on the radio here and calling into their shows. I stopped listing years ago. Talk about feeding the trolls, LOL

Cmon C1 have you ever heard an interview with him? I could care less if he doesn't know where the sun rises or sets hell I don't care if he doesn't know where the sun don't shine. Hes a sharp kid who's football IQ is very good and will rise with more time in the NFL. Do you really think he didn't beat keenum out? Have you ever heard of just not throwing a rookie or your number 1 pick out there day 1 just because he's your number 1 pick. I won't judge how his career will go off of one non suited game in the NFL because well that's not a very intelligent thought process. I'll judge after I see him for a season or two. Sheesh jump to conclusions much. You must be bored or something what with not writing 5 romo love letter threads a week. :wink:

• Like 3

The reality is, Wentz did have a great game. For a rookie he has incredible poise. His skill sets, if he continues to develop the way he is, could make him elite. And I don't see why that wouldn't be the case. Sure there will be bumps in the road bc he's a rookie, but the talent is undeniable.

We are also ready for you to go back home. Get out! Lmao

The reality is, Wentz did have a great game. For a rookie he has incredible poise. His skill sets, if he continues to develop the way he is, could make him elite. And I don't see why that wouldn't be the case. Sure there will be bumps in the road bc he's a rookie, but the talent is undeniable.

We are also ready for you to go back home. Get out! Lmao

You wanna know what my favorite part of Philly was? Outside of a cheesesteak from the original Jim's in the ghetto, Pats, and Dellasandros..??

Leaving! :)

Edited by Shorttynaz

Cmon C1 have you ever heard an interview with him? I could care less if he doesn't know where the sun rises or sets hell I don't care if he doesn't know where the sun don't shine. Hes a sharp kid who's football IQ is very good and will rise with more time in the NFL. Do you really think he didn't beat keenum out? Have you ever heard of just not throwing a rookie or your number 1 pick out there day 1 just because he's your number 1 pick. I won't judge how his career will go off of one non suited game in the NFL because well that's not a very intelligent thought process. I'll judge after I see him for a season or two. Sheesh jump to conclusions much. You must be bored or something what with not writing 5 romo love letter threads a week. :wink:

You should really watch hard knocks if you haven't already. Might change your tune a bit about Goff.