[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy aside, shout out to all the Forte fans ! This could be his season

medalofhonor

For once, I want to keep fantasy football aside, and completely rejoice at Forte's performance in Weeks 1 and 2.

Always been a massive fan of the man, and this is such a better offense that he is playing in now.

If he continues this role, I don't see no reason why he wouldn't end up as among the top 5, or even top 3 RBs this season.

Let's just hope he stays fit. Fingers crossed, this would be his season and he deserves it !

• Like 1

Fingers crossed, this would be his season and he deserves it !

Every year this guy is money. Over his career his per game averages (including this year):

rushing: 72 yards & .39 TD / game

receiving: 4 receptions, 34 yards & .2 TD / game

PPR leagues that's an average of nearly 19 points a game; 15 points a game in standard leagues.

I didn't target him and don't own him. I was afraid of his returning from injury, mileage, and age. I'm happy for the man. He's always been a quality back. And you can see he is very intelligent when running the ball. He never takes too many big hits, knows when to fight for yardage, when to get out of bounds, etc.

• Like 1

As a football fan, this is the type of guy that's easy to root for I and wish there were more like him in the league and less of the gun-toting, woman-beating, drunk-driving, jail-dodging idiots.

As a Bears fan, I loved having him on the team and was sad to see him go, even understanding why and knowing for a few years that it was coming.

As a fantasy player, this is at least the 4th consecutive year I've had him on my team in my local. He's always been undervalued and/or overlooked in my league - maybe it's because everyone else in the league is a Vikings or Packers fan.

And as a member of society, I love the charitable work he does (quietly) in the community.

On all counts, he's a great player and person and I hope he continues to succeed on the field and in life.

• Like 2

pretty bummed that I passed. He's never really been the banger, goal-line guy and I didn't see him in the Ivory role. Thought he'd be another pass catcher along with Powell. I honestly didn't know how they'd punch it in.

He fell to the 5th round in my 12 team league. I knew he was a steal at that spot, so I took him, but I never dreamed they were gonna use him on the goal line. As mentioned above, he's always good for 10-15 pts per game, but if they continue to use him on the goal line, he could be in for a career year. And it couldn't happen to a better guy.

He's never in the news. Never causes trouble or drama. He just goes out there and balls like a pro, year after year.

I dunno about offensive line (the Jets are pretty weak and banged up there this year), but he hasn't had this good a passing game to take pressure off of him in a while. The linebackers and safeties have so much to worry about in Marshall and Decker that Forte has a lot of room any time he breaks through the line. I got him in one league but took Latavius Murray over him in another (I deal with reverse-homerism where I restrain myself from taking Jets when possible), and am seriously regretting it.

• Like 1

I dunno about offensive line (the Jets are pretty weak and banged up there this year), but he hasn't had this good a passing game to take pressure off of him in a while. The linebackers and safeties have so much to worry about in Marshall and Decker that Forte has a lot of room any time he breaks through the line. I got him in one league but took Latavius Murray over him in another (I deal with reverse-homerism where I restrain myself from taking Jets when possible), and am seriously regretting it.

That's a good point about the passing game, but he is only averaging 3.8 ypg and his longest run is 14 yards. His success, so far, has been based on volume.

That's a good point about the passing game, but he is only averaging 3.8 ypg and his longest run is 14 yards. His success, so far, has been based on volume.

I was surprised at his 3 short TD's this week. He's never been much of a goal line back. I usually draft him on at least one team every year and I've watched him not punch it in many times to much dismay. I hope he has a career year, personally, but am going to temper my enthusiasm and see how he holds up physically.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, I may have spoken too soon. It all seems to be going downhill for Forte in this offense.

Jets are blocking like crap and Fitz sucks. Looks like teams are stacking the box and with no fullback Forte' has nowhere to go. What really ticks me off is that they're not using him more in the passing game.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1