[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about WDIS threads

Patriots

This should not be an issue for anyone. You draft a team and you have a depth chart. You play the best guys on your team each week. Anyone on your bench that your going to start should only be for an injury or they are consistently out performing one of your starters.

If you play the WDIS every week and start benching studs based on matchups your going to make the wrong decision most of the time. Or just drive yourself crazy all season.

This should not be an issue for anyone. You draft a team and you have a depth chart. You play the best guys on your team each week. Anyone on your bench that your going to start should only be for an injury or they are consistently out performing one of your starters.

If you play the WDIS every week and start benching studs based on matchups your going to make the wrong decision most of the time. Or just drive yourself crazy all season.

So you never have to make tough lineup decisions?

• Like 1

So... what was the question? The topic says you have one.

• Like 2

I look at it this way, if you are not looking at your bench players occassionaly and considering whether they are a better option than your usual starter, you either have a very crappy bench, or a totally stacked roster.

Maybe in an 8 team league people have nothing but studs at every starting position. But not in my league.

I don't get that post from OP at all. In a 12 man league, I'm constantly looking at my bench to see if someone is due for a breakout and will happily swap out WR3 each week in great matchups. So it must mean that you never draft a diamond in the ruff in late rounds and have a crappy bench.

I make a point to only draft crappy players for my bench. That way I never have to agonize over who to start when my starters have an unfavorable matchup or are dinged up. Even Dez in a walking boot(on the field even) against the Legion of Boom with a rookie QB who doesn't target him and only throws 5 yard passes to Witten and Beasley is a better start than Jordan Payton.

• Like 1

I get it, but...

It never hurts to make sure you have a stronger bench (bye week, injuries, upside).

Sure you can draft only your starters and not do anything with the rest, but that makes for boring FFL, then what is the point?

It can be difficult for some due to 12 team or higher, smaller roster, limited bench, tight waiver rules, etc...) Nothing wrong with getting a different opinion (as Loaf says).

I won it last year in my league with Forsett as my RB1 keeper until he got hurt. The rest of my RB stable was all FA pickups, Riddick, Langford, Hightower, Hilliman). I made it with average, but consistent IDP, keepers JJones, Olsen, and BigBen, Rivers, and pick up Bortles after someone dropped him early in the season. I played the hell out of match ups, but only had JJones and Olsen as Studs.

If not for WW or FA pickups, there was no way I win or even make the playoffs. Having a solid draft is the goal, but it is what moves in the season (waivers, trades, FA) that make the difference.

This is not a WDIS post. I saw this somewhere and it's germane to the topic.

If you had to choose between Dez and Snead this week, who would you play?

Seriously. Dez was a what, 2nd rounder? Something like that? Snead was probably grabbed as a team's #3 or 4 WR.... but honestly, right now, I think I'd play Snead over Dez until Dak shows he can get the ball downfield. Everything he threw was underneath to WItten and Beasley. :shrug:

• Like 1

This is not a WDIS post. I saw this somewhere and it's germane to the topic.

If you had to choose between Dez and Snead this week, who would you play?

Seriously. Dez was a what, 2nd rounder? Something like that? Snead was probably grabbed as a team's #3 or 4 WR.... but honestly, right now, I think I'd play Snead over Dez until Dak shows he can get the ball downfield. Everything he threw was underneath to WItten and Beasley. :shrug:

And I can counter argue that you can't bench Dez after one week, the Giants are a lot tougher than Washington defensively, blah blah blah. See, this would be a valid thread.

And I can counter argue that you can't bench Dez after one week, the Giants are a lot tougher than Washington defensively, blah blah blah. See, this would be a valid thread.

Totally agree, but would you slide him in based on the name on the back of the jersey over a guy who has a fabulous matchup and performed last week? I totally subscribe to the "always start your studs" thing, but there are obviously some caveats.

Silly, this post tells me one thing. If you don't have lineup decsions to make than you drafted a BAD team with no depth and you will not be winning your league this year unless you can find some gems on waivers.

Just using the team below. Last week I started Stafford, this week I'm starting Manning. This is a decsion I will most likley make every week this season. Last week I stated McCoy & Ware. This week I'm going with CJ and Ware and next week will most likley be different. Who knows, maybe my waiver pickup Coleman will be one of this years waivers gem and he will be part of the decision process in the near future.

Futhermore, I am also starting Shepard over Landry this week and I could care less that I drafted landry 8 rounds earlier. I care about the matchup much more than the rounds players were drafted.

One word: matchups

Pretty much. Idc where I drafted a guy. I'm starting Landry over Dez today myself, and didn't think twice about it.

In another league, I have Gurley on my bench today too. Starting Ware over him. Also have DeAngelo Williams as a starter at RB.

If they both go off, so be it.