[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help with your Fantasy team? GGL's got ur back

GangGreenLantern

Hey Gang Green...  Glad to see you back.  Checking in with you on tricky choices is a must!  Thanks for all your time last year.  It's very therapeutic, you know.   And I'm sure you do.  Ive always associted Gang Green with the Jets.  Is it a common nickname for Philly?

On 7/15/2017 at 10:20 PM, Dcat said:

Hey Gang Green...  Glad to see you back.  Checking in with you on tricky choices is a must!  Thanks for all your time last year.  It's very therapeutic, you know.   And I'm sure you do.  Ive always associted Gang Green with the Jets.  Is it a common nickname for Philly?

Hey Dcat, appreciate the kind words, and you're welcome. Glad I could help all the teams who had questions throughout the season and look forward to another solid year!

NO Gang Green is not a common name of the Eagles, which is why I choose it. I Like to be different :) 

• 1 month later...

10 Team League starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE). All TDs worth 6pts, 25 Yds passing = 1 pt, 3 pt bonus at 400yds, INTs = -2, PPR = 1 pt. Snake Draft and I pick 9th. I know DJ, Bell, AB, OBJ, and Mike Evans are being kept...not sure of the other teams yet...We don't lose any draft picks or anything...

Here are the players I have to choose from. I can only keep one. Thoughts?

Matt Ryan

Melvin Gordon

Doug Martin

Latavius Murray

Jacquizz Rodgers

Brandin Cooks

Taylor Gabriel   

Allen Robinson

Julian Edelman

Delanie Walker

Martellus Bennett

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, rwockenf said:

10 Team League starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE). All TDs worth 6pts, 25 Yds passing = 1 pt, 3 pt bonus at 400yds, INTs = -2, PPR = 1 pt. Snake Draft and I pick 9th. I know DJ, Bell, AB, OBJ, and Mike Evans are being kept...not sure of the other teams yet...We don't lose any draft picks or anything...

Here are the players I have to choose from. I can only keep one. Thoughts?

Matt Ryan

Melvin Gordon

Doug Martin

Latavius Murray

Jacquizz Rodgers

Brandin Cooks

Taylor Gabriel   

Allen Robinson

Julian Edelman

Delanie Walker

Martellus Bennett

Thanks in advance!

Melvin Gordon would be my choice. Especially if you're not losing a round. Gives you one of the top 5 RBs (depending on who's list you look at) to start your team before the draft even begins. 

Thanks for the post...I have a second league that is a 12 Team Keeper Auction League Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE). 1 pt for every 20 Yards passing, -2 for INTs, 4 pt TDs for QB, 6 pts for all others. 1 pt PPR. I can keep 1 player.

Keeper doesn't cost any picks. Must pay $5 over what you bought player for last year and total comes out of budget ($225...we have IDPs). Here are my terrible choices and what I paid LAST YEAR:

Eli Manning - 8

Andy Dalton - 4

Doug Martin - 35

Frank Gore - 12

Brandin Cooks - 38

Jarvis Landry - 22

Allen Robinson - 6

Kelvin Benjamin  - 35

Delanie Walker - 18

I don't HAVE to keep anyone. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, rwockenf said:

Thanks for the post...I have a second league that is a 12 Team Keeper Auction League Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE). 1 pt for every 20 Yards passing, -2 for INTs, 4 pt TDs for QB, 6 pts for all others. 1 pt PPR. I can keep 1 player.

Keeper doesn't cost any picks. Must pay $5 over what you bought player for last year and total comes out of budget ($225...we have IDPs). Here are my terrible choices and what I paid LAST YEAR:

Eli Manning - 8

Andy Dalton - 4

Doug Martin - 35

Frank Gore - 12

Brandin Cooks - 38

Jarvis Landry - 22

Allen Robinson - 6

Kelvin Benjamin  - 35

Delanie Walker - 18

I don't HAVE to keep anyone. Thoughts?

Yeah those choices are all a little ewww. Anyway you don't have to keep anyone but if you decided too ARob probably would have the best value if you believe he'll bounce back. Costing you only 11 (with the extra 5 added) right now he's going for roughly 22 to start(depending on the site you look at). 

Hi GGL, are you ready for football season ?

How do I draft ?

PPR League - 8 teams
QB: Drew Brees
WRS: Doug Balwin, Jarvis Landry
RBS: David Johnson, DeMarco Murray
TE: Zach Ertz
Flex: Christian McCaffrey
BN: Davante Adams, Keenan Allen, Willie Snead, Golden Tate, Mike Gillislee
K: Empty
DEF: Arizona
DL: Joey Bosa
LB:Boony Wagner
CB: Empty
S: Reshad Jones
I need to drop 2 players to pick K and CB . It is hard to drop Willie Snead because i have Drew as my QB . Keenan Allen is good WR but make of glass .
Who should I drop ? My week 5 I need to drop someone to pick backup QBs,
So i think to leave CB as empty again to pick QB in week 5, will you do that ?
Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2017 at 5:35 PM, sabercats5441 said:

Hi GGL, are you ready for football season ?

How do I draft ?

PPR League - 8 teams
QB: Drew Brees
WRS: Doug Balwin, Jarvis Landry
RBS: David Johnson, DeMarco Murray
TE: Zach Ertz
Flex: Christian McCaffrey
BN: Davante Adams, Keenan Allen, Willie Snead, Golden Tate, Mike Gillislee
K: Empty
DEF: Arizona
DL: Joey Bosa
LB:Boony Wagner
CB: Empty
S: Reshad Jones
I need to drop 2 players to pick K and CB . It is hard to drop Willie Snead because i have Drew as my QB . Keenan Allen is good WR but make of glass .
Who should I drop ? My week 5 I need to drop someone to pick backup QBs,
So i think to leave CB as empty again to pick QB in week 5, will you do that ?
Thanks,

Honestly, it's an 8 team league so there should be plenty of depth if you drop someone. So I wouldn't over think it. 

Hey GGL, I got one for you.

In a 10-person PPR league, here is my roster.

QB Cousins

RB1 Gordon

RB2 Demarco

WR1 Demaryius Thomas

WR2 Crabtree

Flex Crowder

TE Walker

K Vinatieri

D/ST Broncos

Bench

Martavis Bryant

Tevin Coleman

Doug Martin

Jack Doyle

James White

Kenny Stills

Eli Manning

I have been offered Derrick Henry and Jacquizz Rodgers for Tevin Coleman. I really would like to handcuff Henry, and Jacquizz would provide flex appeal until Doug gets back, but Coleman has such a high handcuff value with Freeman. Thoughts? Is this a good move?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, mcostley said:

Hey GGL, I got one for you.

In a 10-person PPR league, here is my roster.

QB Cousins

RB1 Gordon

RB2 Demarco

WR1 Demaryius Thomas

WR2 Crabtree

Flex Crowder

TE Walker

K Vinatieri

D/ST Broncos

Bench

Martavis Bryant

Tevin Coleman

Doug Martin

Jack Doyle

James White

Kenny Stills

Eli Manning

I have been offered Derrick Henry and Jacquizz Rodgers for Tevin Coleman. I really would like to handcuff Henry, and Jacquizz would provide flex appeal until Doug gets back, but Coleman has such a high handcuff value with Freeman. Thoughts? Is this a good move?

Thanks!

Makes a ton of sense from your end, since you have Murray and Martin. I wouldn't hold out hope on getting a better offer from the Freeman owner, and I'm never one to hold onto a handcuff of a player I don't own (Freeman) in the hopes he becomes the starter. Coleman has value outside of a handcuff though.

Hey GGL-

Debating my draft approach:

12 team, no PPR, second QB eligible for flex (so not a true 2 QB league, but pretty much plays that way other than bye weeks.)  I have Carr as a 4th rd keeper.  Ryan, Mariota, Dak, all off the board as QB keepers.  I know the top 3 picks are DJ, Bell, Rodgers.  Would you take one of the top WRs, or go Brady and run he and Carr out every week?  

Think I'm leaning toward Brady as Brady, Carr, and 2 mid-tier WRs seems better than getting stuck with a mid-low tier QB in my flex....

21 minutes ago, MIKEYST13 said:

Hey GGL-

Debating my draft approach:

12 team, no PPR, second QB eligible for flex (so not a true 2 QB league, but pretty much plays that way other than bye weeks.)  I have Carr as a 4th rd keeper.  Ryan, Mariota, Dak, all off the board as QB keepers.  I know the top 3 picks are DJ, Bell, Rodgers.  Would you take one of the top WRs, or go Brady and run he and Carr out every week?  

Think I'm leaning toward Brady as Brady, Carr, and 2 mid-tier WRs seems better than getting stuck with a mid-low tier QB in my flex....

No PPR and basically a 2 QB league, that sounds like a solid approach. 

4 minutes ago, GangGreenLantern said:

Draft coming up? need some help? Already drafted, looking for some at a boys lol... Let er rip 

So I am a football novice (mostly follow NHL). I took over a team in a 10 team fantasy football league with some buddies from college and managed to win the #1 overall pick. The league is a non-PPR league that starts 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 3 WRs, TE, Flex, D and K.

We keep 3 each year and my keepers were Brady, Dez Bryant and Brandin Cooks.

I know I need to take a RB but who should I target?

The "best available" RBs are Leonard Fournette, Marshawn Lynch, Kareem Hunt, Lamar Miller, Christian McCaffrey, Carlos Hyde, Ty Montgomery. 

My other thought was do I skip these guys and take the best QB available (Derek Carr or Cam Newton) and have the best QB tandem in the league or someone like Doug Baldwin, TY Hilton or Alshon Jeffery and have a stacked receiving core assuming running backs will likely get hurt and getting one or two with my 2nd and 3rd round picks could suffice?

1 minute ago, jonmonkey20 said:

So I am a football novice (mostly follow NHL). I took over a team in a 10 team fantasy football league with some buddies from college and managed to win the #1 overall pick. The league is a non-PPR league that starts 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 3 WRs, TE, Flex, D and K.

We keep 3 each year and my keepers were Brady, Dez Bryant and Brandin Cooks.

I know I need to take a RB but who should I target?

The "best available" RBs are Leonard Fournette, Marshawn Lynch, Kareem Hunt, Lamar Miller, Christian McCaffrey, Carlos Hyde, Ty Montgomery. 

My other thought was do I skip these guys and take the best QB available (Derek Carr or Cam Newton) and have the best QB tandem in the league or someone like Doug Baldwin, TY Hilton or Alshon Jeffery and have a stacked receiving core assuming running backs will likely get hurt and getting one or two with my 2nd and 3rd round picks could suffice?

Hey Jon..

I would definitely Target a RB especially in NON PPR, and with limited options. You can always get your 2nd QB a little later like a Mariota, Cousins, or even Dalton to pair with Brady. 

Fournette, McCaffery, and Hunt all rookies, so it's a roll of the dice. To me I think Volume is key with RBs, but also needs to be quality volume. (Look at Gurley last season, ton of volume, horrible Oline and Offense overall and his volume didn't equate to a whole lot.) 

Since this is a 3 keeper league you're traditionally ADP goes out the window, since 30 players are already of the board.

So with that said , of all the RBs you mentioned the one I'm highest on is Hunt. He is in the best situation, (Andy Reid lead offense, RBs especially every down backs usually do well in fantasy in his system, solid OL, and Offense around him), AR has already said Hunt is the guy, and West and Spiller behind him are no threat. 

I would actually look to target 2 RBs back to back since you have Dez and Cooks already, and could get your 3rd WR a little later like K.Benjamin, M.Bryant, P.Garcon and some others.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Helpmeout said:

Let me know what you think.  Thanks GGL

Looks good overall, but in a 10 team league I think your RBs are a little weak. Not sold on Fournette due to his lingering ankle/foot issues, and a Poor OL/QB. 

Henry/Coleman are time share guys and on the wrong side of the Time share. West is solid but more as a #3 or 4 guy.

• Like 1

Hello GGL, i have a depth question for you. 

My roster:

Cam

DJ, Fournette, D. Henry, T. West, T. Coleman

Baldwin, Jeffrey, K. Allen, Diggs, C. Coleman

Ebron, Hooper

10 team standard scoring league

My question is should i drop Hooper for Kevin White?  I drafted Hooper in the final round, for good keeper value if he were to produce at that level (as well as a backup in case Ebron were to get injured).  Should I drop him and throw away the possibility of that keeper value to pick up Kevin White with the hopes he becomes the WR1 in Chicago?

10 minutes ago, Helpmeout said:

Hello GGL, i have a depth question for you. 

My roster:

Cam

DJ, Fournette, D. Henry, T. West, T. Coleman

Baldwin, Jeffrey, K. Allen, Diggs, C. Coleman

Ebron, Hooper

10 team standard scoring league

My question is should i drop Hooper for Kevin White?  I drafted Hooper in the final round, for good keeper value if he were to produce at that level (as well as a backup in case Ebron were to get injured).  Should I drop him and throw away the possibility of that keeper value to pick up Kevin White with the hopes he becomes the WR1 in Chicago?

With your depth at WR I wouldn't bother. K.White needs to show something first before I would drop anyone worth while to snag him. If you were weak at WR I would suggest it, but you're fine there. Not to mention Ebron is has been banged up and you may need Hooper sooner than you think.

• Like 1

What's up, got a question..I am in a 9 keeper Dynasty League, my RB's are: DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Ezekial Elliot, Dalvin Cook, Bilal Powell and Derrick Henry...I've been thinking of trading McCoy while his value is high, but at the same time I think he will have a fantastic year?! So far I've been offered AMari Cooper and Tevin Coleman for McCoy, the only reason I am considering that trade is because I am weak at WR: AJ Green, Sammy Watkins, Stefon Diggs and DeVante Parker. Again it's a 9 person keeper dynasty league. Thanks!!

23 minutes ago, American Hoyer Story said:

What's up, got a question..I am in a 9 keeper Dynasty League, my RB's are: DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Ezekial Elliot, Dalvin Cook, Bilal Powell and Derrick Henry...I've been thinking of trading McCoy while his value is high, but at the same time I think he will have a fantastic year?! So far I've been offered AMari Cooper and Tevin Coleman for McCoy, the only reason I am considering that trade is because I am weak at WR: AJ Green, Sammy Watkins, Stefon Diggs and DeVante Parker. Again it's a 9 person keeper dynasty league. Thanks!!

Hey AHS - (great name btw). 

Can you share with me your roster and his, so I can see if there is anything better? 

I wouldn't be against trading away McCoy since he is 29, and this is a Dynasty league, but like you mentioned I also think he will have a great year so you want to make sure you get maximum value. 

• GangGreenLantern changed the title to Need Help with your Fantasy team? GGL's got ur back