[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson hurt...

irish

Took a shot to his lower leg,can't put any weight on it and was just helped to the locker room.

Edited by irish

It's being reported that he's in a lot of pain and they were checking his knee for stability.

Unknowingly tore my meniscus last year. It began with a very slight twinge in August when I decided to shut my running down for a month. Shortly after resuming training I ran a short race with my son in October where I should have bailed due to it affecting my stride during warm up. Took the winter off and began running in the spring. Knee felt better until I felt a sharp [10/10] pain during a workout which caused me abort / walk the 2 miles home and schedule an MRI.

The MRI revealed a large, complex tear of the body & posterior horn of the medial meniscus along with a flap fragment. The surgeon said this was a common degenerative injury for someone my age [59], associated with 4 decades of running, rather than an acute injury. Due to my age they would simply snip the torn portion rather than suture. He said I should be able to resume training in 8 weeks.

Post-surgery there was zero pain, didn't require any of the pain meds and once home drove myself to the pharmacy to get my prescriptions filled. I was able to put full weight on my leg that day and tossed the crutches but did use a cane for a few days as precaution. I returned to work 5 days later and 5 weeks later resumed running, only 20 miles that week but felt no discomfort. P/T at home that included blood flow stimulation, otherwise nothing unusual.

I suppose I could have returned much sooner - if my job depended on it and you hopped me up with some meds. My buddie [49] had the same surgery, due to an acute injury, and he resumed running in 3 1/2 weeks. My guess is that Adrian shouldn't miss much time.

Tough rental in McKinnon or Asiata. I may avoid in lieu of other options. Much like a few years back when Peterson was suspended I see McKinnon being the yardage and receiving option of the two. However I can see Asiata stealing all the goal line work. Together they will be respectable, but for fantasy it could be a game of darts.