[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do-over after 2 weeks..?

Shorttynaz

Can't believe I didn't listen to my gut on Kelvin Benjamin and Matt Forte. They are both so obviously talented. :bash:

I was very high on them early in the offseason, targeting both of em in every mock draft. I avoided them in August though after all those offseason narratives about split carries and "lack of talent" (I guess that's what they were saying in Benjamin's case?).

I targeted Keenan Allen pretty heavily. Did not see that injury coming. I can see the whole "zero-RB" strategy turning into a "zero-injury prone" strategy next year, after guys like Keenan and Watkins and others. Or at least weighing injury risk much more heavily when drafting.

Can't believe I didn't listen to my gut on Kelvin Benjamin

Honestly, your gut could have been telling you to jump on him, but even those close to the team said that he was going to be on a snap count to keep him fresh/healthy. Funchess was supposedly looking great. Even the savviest of fantasy owners would have gone in with some air of skepticism. I had him inked in a dynasty league, but only tabbed him in one redraft and one best ball league.

Honestly, your gut could have been telling you to jump on him, but even those close to the team said that he was going to be on a snap count to keep him fresh/healthy. Funchess was supposedly looking great. Even the savviest of fantasy owners would have gone in with some air of skepticism. I had him inked in a dynasty league, but only tabbed him in one redraft and one best ball league.

yeah i hear ya, it's more about - is it really that big of a deal if he's on a snap count for a few weeks? aside from the talent, he was newton's favorite target in 2014, in maybe the league's most efficient offense, and even if funchess has a larger role, would that really hurt his production that much? of course, a month ago, i thought yes, it would, but not so sure anymore.

he's had 50.9 ppr points in 21 targets over two games. say funchess' role were expanded and that that becomes 16-17 targets. not an exact science of course, but still looking at about 20 ppr points / game.

Can't believe I didn't listen to my gut on Kelvin Benjamin and Matt Forte. They are both so obviously talented. :bash:

I was very high on them early in the offseason, targeting both of em in every mock draft. I avoided them in August though after all those offseason narratives about split carries and "lack of talent" (I guess that's what they were saying in Benjamin's case?).

I targeted Keenan Allen pretty heavily. Did not see that injury coming. I can see the whole "zero-RB" strategy turning into a "zero-injury prone" strategy next year, after guys like Keenan and Watkins and others. Or at least weighing injury risk much more heavily when drafting.

I got Forte, but missed Benjamin. I let people talk me out of him. Dammit.

yeah i hear ya, it's more about - is it really that big of a deal if he's on a snap count for a few weeks? aside from the talent, he was newton's favorite target in 2014, in maybe the league's most efficient offense, and even if funchess has a larger role, would that really hurt his production that much? of course, a month ago, i thought yes, it would, but not so sure anymore.

he's had 50.9 ppr points in 21 targets over two games. say funchess' role were expanded and that that becomes 16-17 targets. not an exact science of course, but still looking at about 20 ppr points / game.

What I heard there wasn't a length of time associated with the snap count. Maybe I misheard, maybe it was just for the first couple of weeks or even just Week 1 to see how he performed (which was admirable, obviously).

Huge fan of KB. I think he and Cam blow up on a fairly regular basis for the next few years if not longer.

Move I regret: Taking T.Y. Hilton over Brandon Cooks.... (Yes I know, but I thought Luck would come back slinging it this year)

Best move I made: Grabbing Jamaal Charles in the 3rd, then handcuffing him with Spencer Ware late in the rounds.

385 and 4 tds...they had to go into denver sunday....with that offensive line.....luck will be ok...i dunno about hilton though...i always thought most were overranking him....the huddle especially...i think they had him at like 10th overall?

What I heard there wasn't a length of time associated with the snap count. Maybe I misheard, maybe it was just for the first couple of weeks or even just Week 1 to see how he performed (which was admirable, obviously).

Huge fan of KB. I think he and Cam blow up on a fairly regular basis for the next few years if not longer.

Yeah i don't recall hearing any specified time, I guess I just assumed it was the first few weeks until they felt comfortable with his situation.

Agreed on that last part, for sure.

Invested in Freeman a little too much but did handcuff him with Coleman. Only way this will work is If one of them gets hurt. They are clearly a committee, not the "hot hand." Freeman was clearly running better Sunday and Coleman kept getting goal line work. I also spent too much on Gurley in an auction league (was trying to run up the bid). I am somewhat hopeful they will be a little less predictable so he can start producing.

Yeah, same. I kept Freeman at round three and handcuffed him in the draft. Nobody wants to trade for Coleman, I don't want to give up Freeman. Now I have the headache of both of them. Dropping Coleman would be a dumb decision.

Move I regret: Taking T.Y. Hilton over Brandon Cooks.... (Yes I know, but I thought Luck would come back slinging it this year)

Best move I made: Grabbing Jamaal Charles in the 3rd, then handcuffing him with Spencer Ware late in the rounds.

I'm a Hilton owner in several leagues. I'm not willing to throw the white towel in just yet. He's had healthy targets and his schedule is decent the next several weeks. From what I read on him when I did the predraft homework he's a feast or famine guy anyways...

Yeah, same. I kept Freeman at round three and handcuffed him in the draft. Nobody wants to trade for Coleman, I don't want to give up Freeman. Now I have the headache of both of them. Dropping Coleman would be a dumb decision.

I was offered Golden Tate straight up for Coleman after week 1. I passed figuring his value will continue to go up. Strange thing was the guy making the trade just lost Keenan Allen and didn't have lots of WR depth. And he's usually shrewed so I figured Coleman has value ;)

As much as the Colts would like a do-over on that 1st round pick for TRich trade ;)

Difference is TRich was never brought in to be a franchise player / face of the team. Wentz is certainly off on the right foot in doing just that and Brownies are still searching for someone to build a franchise around. They tried with Manziel in which he just couldn't get out of his own way. Not tryin to knock the Browns but they just can't catch a break.

Wouldn't mind doing over the schedule in my main re-draft league. Scored in the top 5 both weeks (12 team league) and lost.

I hear that. In one league, I'm 4th overall in points for, 1st overall in points against. 0-2. And this week I'm scheduled to play the projected high scorer for the 3rd straight week