[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hats off to the new Taunting rule

bdub1988

Chiefs CB Marcus Peters got 15 yards for a finger wag yesterday. Incidentally, the NFL's official twitter account used a picture of JJ Watt doing a finger wag for a promotion earlier that morning.

• Like 7

I would like to think that memo's are being distributed throughout the league, to each team, about things they shouldn't do. I would assume it's already done, but it's the NFL.

You make a play, get a first down and then throw the ball at your opponent, or lob it, or any toss towards them, you'll be flagged - as an example.

I can't imagine there isn't an exhaustive list and it should be in each players' hands.

I would like to think that memo's are being distributed throughout the league, to each team, about things they shouldn't do. I would assume it's already done, but it's the NFL.

You make a play, get a first down and then throw the ball at your opponent, or lob it, or any toss towards them, you'll be flagged - as an example.

I can't imagine there isn't an exhaustive list and it should be in each players' hands.

Did you look at the linked story on Pryor's penalty? Not sure if it included the video, he caught the ball, stood up and tried to toss it to the official who was behind the defender. Ball didn't quite come out of his hand right, and bounces off the defender. There was no intent to toss the ball at the other player, but to toss it to the ref.

I see a new strategy for defenders, wait for your opponent to toss the ball to the ref then jump in the way hoping for a penalty.

I agree they have rules and should know them, but that stuff is crazy.

• Like 2

Did you look at the linked story on Pryor's penalty? Not sure if it included the video, he caught the ball, stood up and tried to toss it to the official who was behind the defender. Ball didn't quite come out of his hand right, and bounces off the defender. There was no intent to toss the ball at the other player, but to toss it to the ref.

I see a new strategy for defenders, wait for your opponent to toss the ball to the ref then jump in the way hoping for a penalty.

I agree they have rules and should know them, but that stuff is crazy.

This. If they are going to follow this rule to the letter, it's absurdly abusable. If I was a defender, I would try to find myself next to a ref or the player who ended the play with the ball every single time, waiting for them to let go so I could throw myself under the ball and get 15 free yards.

Um...what about sack dances? Seems to me this should be covered too. Seems to me if they are going to be tight azzes about TDs, they should be tight azzes about everything. So lame for all of this crap, no fun league indeed.

Edited by heehawks
  • Like 1

So I get the dances for touch downs. I can even see it for sacks since a lineman isn't going to score very often. All the dancing however for a 5 yard first down run and spinning/flipping the ball. Come on. Takes that elite skill that a professional is supposed to have and cheapens it to celebrate the little crap so much.

I'm definitely not saying it should be penalized, just a little more "yes I belong here, I'm not gonna do a back flip while spinning the ball on my head after 6 yards"

Edited by Apothus
  • Like 1