[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Corey Coleman and loss of McCown

anismith

Worry not Browns fans, Clipboard Jesus saves........

Browns ink Charlie Whitehurst as QB insurance

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/342132/browns-ink-charlie-whitehurst-as-qb-insurance?ls=roto:CLE:topheadlines

Browns signed QB Charlie Whitehurst.

The Browns have already lost QBs Robert Griffin III and Josh McCown to left shoulder injuries the first two weeks of the season, leaving third-round rookie Cody Kessler as the Week 3 starter. He's nowhere close to being NFL-ready, so it's not out of the question Whitehurst could start as soon as Week 4. To put it kindly, this is an offense to completely avoid and target with D/ST streamers.
Sep 19 - 9:29 PM

Hard to believe any WR/TE will be very relevant with Cody Kessler ( :sick: ) but I guess we'll see.

Way to drop the football knowledge. The guy hasn't played a single snap in the NFL, what are you basing your views on?

In week 1 did you say the same about the WR/TE on the Eagles?

Way to drop the football knowledge. The guy hasn't played a single snap in the NFL, what are you basing your views on?

In week 1 did you say the same about the WR/TE on the Eagles?

I could totally agree with what you are saying

but the browns didn't exactly deal mccown and announce Kessler as the week 1 starter either

I could totally agree with what you are saying

but the browns didn't exactly deal mccown and announce Kessler as the week 1 starter either

The Browns hoped to give Kessler a full year to learn without playing, that was unlikely as RG3 is not durable and McCown has shown he will not protect himself from getting injured. But none of that means Kessler won't be any good, any more than the annointed week 1 starters are going to be good.

I just think it is beyond dumb to judge players who haven't even played an NFL down yet.

The Browns hoped to give Kessler a full year to learn without playing, that was unlikely as RG3 is not durable and McCown has shown he will not protect himself from getting injured. But none of that means Kessler won't be any good, any more than the annointed week 1 starters are going to be good.

I just think it is beyond dumb to judge players who haven't even played an NFL down yet.

I can agree with that too......at the same time....were trying to "judge" or "prognosticate" fantasy value of kesslers surround players....and youd have to say that they take a hit with an unknown taking over as opposed to mccown

I do realize that wentz and Kessler are in different positions as one team was more eager to see a return on investment....well see with Kessler......but I just think if I owned any browns players id be down on them right now until I saw something......last week I would have been excited if I owned coleman, Gordon etc.

I can agree with that too......at the same time....were trying to "judge" or "prognosticate" fantasy value of kesslers surround players....and youd have to say that they take a hit with an unknown taking over as opposed to mccown

I do realize that wentz and Kessler are in different positions as one team was more eager to see a return on investment....well see with Kessler......but I just think if I owned any browns players id be down on them right now until I saw something......last week I would have been excited if I owned coleman, Gordon etc.

My opinion is all Browns offensive players get downgraded, but saying this

Hard to believe any WR/TE will be very relevant with Cody Kessler ( :sick: ) but I guess we'll see.

is what I was commenting as foolish. Unless you play in 8 team leagues every NFL team has some fantasy relevant players. That means guys who should be rostered, and can at least be a spot start for injury or bye.

Barnidge, Coleman, maybe Pryor, Gordon after he returns.