[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to make of Ronnie Hillman on the Vikings?

Dcat

I don't get the signing. When AP was suspended in 2014 McKinnon and Asiata filled the role, nicely. Why the need to bring in a Hillman? Unless Minnesota is still in a win this year mentality and they dont think the duo of McKinnon/Asiata is the answer.

for depth imho he doesnt play much

• Like 1

Is that Hillman's best option, signing with the Vikings for depth? I know there has not appeared to be much interest in him by anyone else but he is a capable back who led Denver in rushing and rushing TD's last year.

I think you nailed it right there. It was either that or stay unemployed.

I don't believe they made this move for him to get just a few touches a game. I don't believe he'll play much (if at all..) this week but I think he'll be relegated to starting once he's in shape. (Is he in shape?...). Most people (including me) are confused why they didn't just roll with Asiata and McKinnon like before.

I don't believe they made this move for him to get just a few touches a game. I don't believe he'll play much (if at all..) this week but I think he'll be relegated to starting once he's in shape. (Is he in shape?...). Most people (including me) are confused why they didn't just roll with Asiata and McKinnon like before.

My thought too...I added him in one league and will take a wait and see approach in another...

They have nobody else on the depth chart after McKinnon and Asiata. I don't know who or what they have stashed on the practice squad, but given the propensity for injury at RB, this is a solid insurance policy to have an experienced back on the roster in case of further injuries at the position. He's also not a gimmick back (see McCluster) or an over the hill plodder like Joique Bell.

I don't know who else is out there worth a damn, but it seems to me Hillman was probably the best one available for what the Vikes were looking for.

They have nobody else on the depth chart after McKinnon and Asiata. I don't know who or what they have stashed on the practice squad, but given the propensity for injury at RB, this is a solid insurance policy to have an experienced back on the roster in case of further injuries at the position. He's also not a gimmick back (see McCluster) or an over the hill plodder like Joique Bell.

I don't know who else is out there worth a damn, but it seems to me Hillman was probably the best one available for what the Vikes were looking for.

I hear you, just interesting that they did not make a similar move in 2014 but now feel the need to do so. Or perhaps they did and I just dont remember.

Living in Denved and seeing a lot of Hilman, I was a little surprised. The Broncos always thought that he couldn't take the pounding of an every down back. CJ Anderson is short, but built more like MJD. Hilman surprised a lot of people with his durability when Anderson went down. However, his skill set is closer to McKinnon's than Asiata's. He can motor.