[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about trades (not trade advice)

anismith

When you execute a trade at say, 4:30Pm on a Friday and there is a 2 day deadline the trade will execute at 4:30on Sunday. If I want to start the traded away player (i.e. currently my player) in the current week will they be able to play for me or should I wait to do the trade until 7:30Pm today if I want my player to play on Sunday.

that depends on the rules of your league. also, that rule is stupid. A trade should process immediately.

but to answer your question, I'd never agree to a trade where the players can play before the trade is executed. What if one of the players gets injured?

Well the player I am getting already played, it's my players that havn't played yet.

Probably some Yahoo/ESPN auto commish by the site league where nobody knows or can control the rules.

Like those stupid "cannot be cut" lists that I've heard of.

Yes, it's an ESPN league. They often have the 2 day delays so people can vote on the trades. I'm not trying to scam anyone on this, I just don't want to not be able to start my player this week because he already started his. Anyway, I guess this question is too esoteric.

Yes, it's an ESPN league. They often have the 2 day delays so people can vote on the trades. I'm not trying to scam anyone on this, I just don't want to not be able to start my player this week because he already started his. Anyway, I guess this question is too esoteric.

If you were trading for players on NE or HOU the trade SHOULD NOT be able to be completed once they have played. They were either starters or bench players for the other team, and cannot be transfered to your team after they play. (Just like you cannot add players who have played in TNF games after that game, until the following week.)

If you're not sure how it will work, don't accept the trade, or wait until next week to do it. That is the safest, nobody here knows how it will work for sure, and if you get bad advice you're not going to be happy

I always suggest owners understand the rules of leagues the play in, but seems many just jump into leagues for fun (no money maybe) and then have random questions for others to answer.

If you were trading for players on NE or HOU the trade SHOULD NOT be able to be completed once they have played. They were either starters or bench players for the other team, and cannot be transfered to your team after they play. (Just like you cannot add players who have played in TNF games after that game, until the following week.)

If you're not sure how it will work, don't accept the trade, or wait until next week to do it. That is the safest, nobody here knows how it will work for sure, and if you get bad advice you're not going to be happy

I always suggest owners understand the rules of leagues the play in, but seems many just jump into leagues for fun (no money maybe) and then have random questions for others to answer.

I suppose this is true and this is a small money league that I did join on a whim. I thought that this was a place I could ask briefly for input on, but maybe that wasn't cool.

Yes I'm a bit grumpy, don't mean to be a prick :)

I just find that this happens a lot here on this forum and another that I am on. Its either questions where the answer can be easily obtained with an online search (then I use lmgtfy.com and show them) or questions where we won't really know the answer. Even if I play in a league on that site I wouldn't know if the two are configured the same way.

I guess I'd expect people to send ESPN or whoever the question, but I know that is often fruitless.That is one downside to a league like that with no human commish who should know (or can check) the rules.

It seems like an odd league setup, or the trade is really in limbo now since it has not totally completed before some players had their games played.

Yes I'm a bit grumpy, don't mean to be a prick :)

I just find that this happens a lot here on this forum and another that I am on. Its either questions where the answer can be easily obtained with an online search (then I use lmgtfy.com and show them) or questions where we won't really know the answer. Even if I play in a league on that site I wouldn't know if the two are configured the same way.

I guess I'd expect people to send ESPN or whoever the question, but I know that is often fruitless.That is one downside to a league like that with no human commish who should know (or can check) the rules.

It seems like an odd league setup, or the trade is really in limbo now since it has not totally completed before some players had their games played.

Yeah, I know that you couldn't know idiosyncratic rules, but I think the settings are ESPN standard settings. I did google a bit first before asking,but thought someone might know how this tends to work. Anyway, no big deal. I am not a newb to this forum and don't generally post these kinds of annoying questions.