[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tevin Coleman - calling all homers

GoldenEagle81

I never understand these posts. Homer or not, it's not like homer's have access to additional information everyone else doesn't.

Come on! What's wrong with you, it's only 1980 and the interwebs don't exist yet. How else will he find out news?! Huh?!

• Like 1

I never understand these posts. Homer or not, it's not like homer's have access to additional information everyone else doesn't.

douchebag response. if you can't help the dude don't respond. doesn't matter that you have 7000+ posts and him 200+.

Edited by DaFreak
  • Like 1

In Seattle we have not one but two sports talk radio stations. Obviously they talk about the Seahawks all day, every day, the whole season. They get interviews with teammates, coaches, the players themselves and team insiders that others don't. I would imagine every other NFL city is much the same. It's absolutely logical to ask homers if they've heard anything about their team's players.

• Like 8

I said I wasn't trying to be a dick - all I was asking without asking it was how does anyone know? If a coach knew Freeman was gonna get 60/40 split - someone from the media will find out and leak it. Homer or not. Instead of showing everyone else you're a douchebag, maybe try to understand the response.

Edited by Shorttynaz

I said I wasn't trying to be a dick - all I was asking without asking it was how does anyone know? If a coach knew Freeman was gonna get 60/40 split - someone from the media will find out and leak it. Homer or not. Instead of showing everyone else you're a douchebag, maybe try to understand the response.

It's more that homers will follow all the beat writers who may have an indication (rightly or wrongly) about what will happen.

One Phins beat reporter through the week was saying that Kenyan Drake is probably in line for the most touches whilst the fantasy world was posting articles saying to pickup Jay Ajayi as he'll be the lead back. Only on gameday did Miami say Drake would start and end up getting more carries.

• Like 2

Listening to sports radio here in heehawk land, I was able to find out that Rawls wasn't playing this past Sunday, before it was posted on the plethora of media outlets and ff sites. So, if someone were to ask about Rawls/Micheal from a homer, I could have given them some info that wasn't readily available at the time.

If you feel the need to preface something with "im not trying to be a dick" then you are probably being a dick.

I think you are wrong - some of us may have a guilty conscience, I don't. I asked a question not intended to be a jab at the OP but I can see how it came across that way - only for someone else to come in here and try to make me out to be a dick. Wasn't my goal or what I set out to do. Moving on..

• Like 2

simple... homers pay more attention to their teams, even if they're on the other side of the planet. Homers are more likely to know.

Like rajn with his Saints.

I'm not a great source for the Browns, don't listen to talk radio and lots of sports, just the late night news and read local paper.

• Like 1

If you feel the need to preface something with "im not trying to be a dick" then you are probably being a dick.

Or you understand that written word is easy to misinterpret and don't want to spend 19 minutes re-writing a 5 line post to avoid all doubt. The internet broke when the SJW pussies started invading every nook and cranny and started raising holy hell over every perceived slight, insult, and injustice. Now we're left with ... this.

• Like 2

Or you understand that written word is easy to misinterpret and don't want to spend 19 minutes re-writing a 5 line post to avoid all doubt. The internet broke when the SJW pussies started invading every nook and cranny and started raising holy hell over every perceived slight, insult, and injustice. Now we're left with ... this.

Common courtesy is most alive and well in the South and small towns - places that tend to be pretty conservative. Not sure this is an SJW moment.

• Like 1