[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty offer: Demarco Murray for Melvin Gordon

Crazysight

I was recently offered Melvin Gordon for Demarco Murray in my dynasty league. The pros of acquiring Gordon is that he is a good 5 years younger than Murray, and my team could use added youth as it has only one offensive player under 25 who is a "must start" type right now. This trade would also hedge against a serious injury to a player like Murray, who at 28 1/2 would lose basically all his value if he sustained a major injury at this stage. The cons: This trade would likely hurt my chances to contend for a title in the next two years, as my team is one of the top ones in the league right now. Murray is essentially matchup proof at this point due to his effectiveness and contributions as both a runner and receiver. I also don't know if I should be sold on Gordon to begin with, who looked good in his first two games but then ran for barely two yards per carry last night against a Colt's defense that is considered to be weak.