[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Langford out 4-6 weeks

AoDay

Reports coming in that the Bears just signed Joique Bell to a one year deal. Not sure that changes much for Howard as Bell is not in good condition but may hurt his value some.

That sucks. Agree that Bell is probably in game shape, probably used for pass protection initially until he gets settled in the offense.

Hopefully Howard has great showings the next few weeks.

Chicago did sign Bell.

This sucks as I have Jordan all teed up to pick up as I have the #1 waiver wire priority, but Bell throws a kink into who is going to get the carries!!!

I would have to think that Jordan Howard will still get the bulk of the carries as he knows the playbook, and Bell is just coming in off the street to add depth and a backup presence.

Bell has been bad for a while. He won't take many touches from Howard unless Howard doesn't perform well. However, in college Howard was not great at catching passes or pass protection. Although I believe he did have 4 receptions last game after Langford went down.

That is because they were getting their butts kicked and the defense played prevent, leaving Howard wide open.

I actually dropped Langford for him last week when I saw Howard come in and pick up a few big runs. What scares me the most is Fox usually refuses to play rookie running backs.

Arians was the same way but David Johnson forced him to continue playing him under similar circumstances.

The only reason Langford

Deangelo had 121 carries his rookie year while DeShaun had 227 carries. JStew had 184 carries his rookie year while Deangelo had 273 carries. Langford had 148 carries his rookie year while Forte had 218 carries.

Mix that with the fact that Forte was hurt last year, leading to Langford getting that many carries. As soon as Forte came back, even though he wasn't ready or productive Fox went with him again.

DeAngelo had multiple ankle sprains that Fox basically forced him to play through during Stewart's rookie season before he would play a rookie.

DeShaun missed two games and left three games because of injury during DeAngelo's rookie year.

CJ Anderson barely saw the field his rookie year, even though he was the best back in camp.

Every year it seems Fox is forced to put a rookie in the starting lineup. When he does, even if they shine for a week or two by the time the "starter" comes back they are handed the job even if they aren't 100% healthy and have been completely unproductive.

I hope this stops with Howard because I have him, but I don't see it. Also, he got a lot of his stats in garbage time. Dallas was backed 20 yards off the line every time he touched the ball.

• Like 1

I missed out on Howard and had to settle for Darkwa.

Great observation Profound. :tup: Hopefully it stops with Howard, but unless Howard really shines bright and it picks up the whole offense as a whole, I doubt Fox will change his stripes.

The only reason Langford

Mix that with the fact that Forte was hurt last year, leading to Langford getting that many carries. As soon as Forte came back, even though he wasn't ready or productive Fox went with him again.

DeAngelo had multiple ankle sprains that Fox basically forced him to play through during Stewart's rookie season before he would play a rookie.

DeShaun missed two games and left three games because of injury during DeAngelo's rookie year.

CJ Anderson barely saw the field his rookie year, even though he was the best back in camp.

Every year it seems Fox is forced to put a rookie in the starting lineup. When he does, even if they shine for a week or two by the time the "starter" comes back they are handed the job even if they aren't 100% healthy and have been completely unproductive.

I hope this stops with Howard because I have him, but I don't see it. Also, he got a lot of his stats in garbage time. Dallas was backed 20 yards off the line every time he touched the ball.

Wow, that is really great insight. I've heard that before, but it's been awhile and I'd completely forgotten. I have Langford and wasn't able to pick up Howard last week.