[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love football, I love helping others so ask away!

Mikexchoi

Hey there! My first season of fantasy, looking for start advice for this week.

I recently picked up Mike Evans, but am unsure if I should start him. Current WR's are Edelman and D. Thomas, both of which are projected to grab less points than Evans this week, but have much lower Opponent Ranks than Evans (30th and 27th vs Evans 3nd). Alternatively I could put him as flex, but I'd have to take out RB Forte. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Awesome man, I'm also trying to get some of my buddies into fantasy football this year.

That's a really nice pick up because I believe Winston will have the highest pass attempts, maybe second to brees, this year. In terms of starting, I would start Edelman and Thomas over Evans. The Broncos have a disgusting secondary and the Bucs have no other legit weapon, unless you count VJax but I don't. Benjamin torched them week 1 but that was also the first game of the season and they had Olsen to worry about too.

For you flex, I might actually put Evans in there for his big play possibility and I don't like Forte's matchup against the Seahawks. Wait and see with Ware to see if Charles is out or not but he plays a Jet's defense that's pretty stingy. I do like Crowell as a sneaky flex pick because Washington gave up 147 rushing yards to Pitt, 102 to Dallas and 120 to the Giants.

I'm in a PPR league (full for receptions, half for rush attempts). We start 2 RB and WR, 1 TE and 3 flex.

My current flex (R/W/T) are:

RB: McCoy, McKinnon, Matt Jones, Washington (DET), Langford

WR: Hopkins, Decker, Marvin Jones, Gordon, Dorsett

TE: Barnidge, Allen

I'm planning to drop Langford this week. However I'm torn on which RB to pick up.

Howard or Dixon?

I'm sure Howard will be gone before my waiver pick but if he's not, I'm still not too sure if I want to grab him over Dixon. Your opinion?

Also, if I can't grab either, should I drop Langford and pick up Doyle? He looks like he's taking over the targets in IND and I may drop Allen if it continues.

That's tough, I love both of those players! I like Dixon a little more because he has the better offense. However, he may not really get it going until around week 7. But if you watch his college highlights you can see that he is a great runner but a pretty good receiver too. he looks like he'll have the upside for a full ppr league. But it's not by much! If you can snatch up both I would but if you had to choose one, I would take Dixon right now and stash him. If you're in dire need of immediate help go with Howard and there shouldn't be any regret.

I would hold onto Allen for now and see. He did drop a touchdown pass so if he would've come down with it you wouldn't think about dropping him. If he doesn't really produce and gets out targeted by doyle again, I would drop him for doyle.

Would you trade away L. Murray, C. Sims & M. Floyd for AJ Green & J. Stewart?

Depends on what your team looks like. If you're okay at RB and you have quality starter RBs then yes. AJ is a top WR and Murray's value is dropping for some reason because Oak wants to have a RBBC... Sims is nice but only until Martin comes. Floyd can be amazing and SHOULD be the WR1 in Ari but that offense looks off to me and now he's in concussion protocol. If you have depth at RB I say go for it. Stew hammy injury can be one of those lingering ones at his age though.

My buddy needs an rb for this week, he has doug martin. Do I offer him Crowell for Martin? Or is that taking advantage of his injury situation?

Totally do it! SELL HIGH ON CROWELL!!! and when people have injuries, that's the best time to strike! As long as it's not super insulting, which i don't think this is for the situation he's in. At the very least, this could open up talks for a bigger trade.

Mike, this is my line up week 4

10 teams PPR
QB: Matthew Stafford
WR: Allen Robinson, Brandin Cook
RB: Todd Gurley, Mel Gordon
TE: Julius Thomas
W/R: Marvin Jones Jr
W/R/T: Theo Riddick
BK: Jordan Howard, Doug Martin, Rashad Jenning
BK: Sterling Shepard, Donte Moncrief, Russel Wilson.

Last week I lost because Julios Thomas get hurt and Bradin Cook get lowest pts.
Who should I drop for new TE in waiver? H Henry , C Brate, J Doyle ?
Should I use Donte Moncrief to pick up TE andif someone take him then i can take D Parker later when i do not need TE?
J Thomas may miss this week and will have a week off next week too,
Thanks

• Like 1

Should I drop Asiata for Dixon?

And I need a qb this week. Bortles or semien?

Dixon > Asiata by a mile! I don't even like McKinnon because as an AP owner, there was nothing going on in the run game. The line wasn't getting any push and no holes were being made. You can say that teams stacked the box due to a lack of QB but if AP, who is not human, can't find ANYTHING then the other running backs won't either. Asiata is merely a TD vulture but Dixon could be the bell cow for Bal who desperately needs one.

I like Bortles a little more here because of the matchup with Indy. The Colts may have shut down Rivers last week but they have no weapons on that team anyways. Siemian has improved week by week but don't get caught up in the crazy 4 TD game he had last week.

Mike, this is my line up week 4

10 teams PPR

QB: Matthew Stafford

WR: Allen Robinson, Brandin Cook

RB: Todd Gurley, Mel Gordon

TE: Julius Thomas

W/R: Marvin Jones Jr

W/R/T: Theo Riddick

BK: Jordan Howard, Doug Martin, Rashad Jenning

BK: Sterling Shepard, Donte Moncrief, Russel Wilson.

Last week I lost because Julios Thomas get hurt and Bradin Cook get lowest pts.

Who should I drop for new TE in waiver? H Henry , C Brate, J Doyle ?

Should I use Donte Moncrief to pick up TE andif someone take him then i can take D Parker later when i do not need TE?

J Thomas may miss this week and will have a week off next week too,

Thanks

Sucks when it's just the perfect storm of bad luck. Week 2 was brutal for me...

There's no one you can really drop right now. i would try and pull off a trade instead so you get some value back. Try and package Martin and Moncrief to Sims owner for his starting another WR or RB and attach his TE. Or just go 2 for 1 and pick up Brate or Doyle. I like Brate more because he is the solo TE there now and Doyle has Allen to compete touches with even in their base 2 TE set.

Hi! Do you feel WR Tyrell Williams will do better against the Saints' woeful defense than RB Devonta Freeman against Carolina?

I've heard that might be the case, but not from anybody reliable. I've been reading your posts and you seem to have good judgement.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi! Do you feel WR Tyrell Williams will do better against the Saints' woeful defense than RB Devonta Freeman against Carolina?

I've heard that might be the case, but not from anybody reliable. I've been reading your posts and you seem to have good judgement.

Thanks!

Thanks Adonis!

It's hard not to start Freeman, especially after he blew up for 200 total yards last week but this Carolina defense does not like to allow rushing yards. but their last two games have been against Min and SF who don't exactly have a high powered offense. The safer pick would be Tyrell because of that matchup. The chargers defense lost Teo and hasn't looked that great, with the exception to Verrett, so this could be a higher scoring game. But you also have to consider that the Saints got torched on the ground by ATL so the Chargers may be looking to run more behind Gordon and slow the game down.

Freeman could surprise but it is against him. He hasn't done much until last week and that was because of a heavily favored matchup. So go with Tyrell who will definitely get the looks and has the same matchup. Hopefully he can take one in for a TD.

*Also, Matt has a thumb issue and it could affect his play.

With Decker likely missing time who to add/drop?

thinking Brate for

1 of:

Anquan Bolden

Kenny Stills

Tajae Sharpe

Mike Wallace

Kenny Britt

Pierre Garcon

Phillip Dorsett

Victor Cruz

John Brown

Adam Humphries

Eli Rogers

Markus Wheaton

Robert Woods

Mohamed Sanu

Jeremy Kerley

Chris Hogan

Josh Doctson

Danny Amendola

It's either start 1 of these guys or plug in Sims at my flex and hope for the best

TIA

• Like 1

Willie Snead was dropped monday and clears WW FAAB tonight there are 3 people with there full budget. Is it worth risking my entire budget to get him PPR.

I'm against spending your whole budget on one player but someone like Snead will not be coming around very often this season. I would do it but that's because I see NO as a team that has abandoned the run game. He had 8.5 targets for the first two weeks and I don't see that number going down. If you spend your whole budget I would look to trade another WR for a more dependable RB.

Someone dropped Emmanuel sanders is our Leage. How much faab do you think he is worth? We started with a $120 budget at the beginning of the year? I have a extra bench spot I just don't want to overspend.

You might have to overspend for Sanders because of the game he had yesterday. People are going to want him but I wouldn't spend more than $25 depending on your needs. But realistically he should be around the $15-$20 because he gets the targets but Siemian can't get them the ball.

With Decker likely missing time who to add/drop?

thinking Brate for

1 of:

Anquan Bolden

Kenny Stills

Tajae Sharpe

Mike Wallace

Kenny Britt

Pierre Garcon

Phillip Dorsett

Victor Cruz

John Brown

Adam Humphries

Eli Rogers

Markus Wheaton

Robert Woods

Mohamed Sanu

Jeremy Kerley

Chris Hogan

Josh Doctson

Danny Amendola

It's either start 1 of these guys or plug in Sims at my flex and hope for the best

TIA

i would drop Brate since you already have Thomas and Rudolph. And I would pick up either one of Wallace, Cruz, Brown, Dorsett, Sanu, and Boldin in that order.

Wallace has a nice matchup next week. Cruz looks to be back to form but has too many other WR taking targets. Brown may have to step up with Floyd now in concussion protocol. Dorsett filled in for Moncrief and only got 4 targets though but Verrett was on him so that could be why. Boldin is my sleeper here because Stafford likes big bodies in the endzone.

.5 PPR. Just need to pick one

Lat Murray @ BAL

Jerick McKinnon vs. NYG

Rashad Jennings @ MIN

Chris Ivory vs IND

Tough Picking... Murray. he will have the highest floor. McKinnon "could" bust loose but do you want to really depend on that? Jennings most likely won't be in on passing downs so that puts a damper on his ceiling. And the jacksonville running game is non existent.