[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry Muto, where art thou?

michaelredd9

Yeah. If I threw 81 darts.......

Actually the more teams you have the quality of your teams as a total go down. Less time to focus on each team for waiver moves is the main issue but also less time to spend on each teams starting lineup especially when news hits at Sunday when the inactive comes out so if you need to adjust lineups you don't have to just worry about a few and take your time getting in new players and moving out other players you have to rush around and make sure you get all the lineups changed.

I also track every one of my lineups and my opponents lineups on a spreadsheet so that takes a good 6 hours every Saturday night putting all them in and double checking to make sure I didn't put in a wrong player.

So yes having more teams gives you more shots to win a big prize but the more teams you have the more mistakes you make and it hurts your chances as well as many weeks I run out of time for waivers for some teams or rush around and miss players that are out there I would have wanted to pick up.

• Like 1

No disrespect meant towards you Henry, but I don't understand tracking the opponents lineup each week. If you have 81 teams already, what's the point of tracking who plays against you? Is it just so it's easier to track results each week, or do you adjust your lineups accordingly to maximize your benefits against them?

• Like 2

No disrespect meant towards you Henry, but I don't understand tracking the opponents lineup each week. If you have 81 teams already, what's the point of tracking who plays against you? Is it just so it's easier to track results each week, or do you adjust your lineups accordingly to maximize your benefits against them?

That certainly would make things easier for me if I didn't do it. Every week after the Sunday night game is over I enter in all the scores and print them out on Monday before the game. Then I write what I am up or down below each game to know what I need or what I am rooting against on Monday night to know if I can win or lose. Then when the 4th quarter comes I can see what I am rooting for exactly otherwise I would be clueless to know what I need to happen. Even doing this sometimes after Monday night I find out in some leagues I just barely won or lost and didn't know it when I have multiple games sometimes coming down to the final minutes. Just something I like to do to know what is going on in all my leagues on Monday nights.

I'd excpect with having 81 teams on Monday night you are rooting for the same players to score and not score quite frequently, heck people with 5-10 teams say that happens a lot. That alone would drive me nuts.

Enjoy it, cause you're sure not getting any enjoyment out of the Browns :bag:

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly despite how poor I feel I am doing I have yet to have a losing week. 78 of my 81 leagues are H2H and my worst record so far has been 42-36. I had my best week last week 55-23 which included 3 losses by 1 point or less.

My best RTS team has surged to 9th place overall was in 500th a few weeks ago but this team is very deep as the draft fell the right way. Loaded up on TE's which is not something you don't normally do in RTS with the 1 PPR for all positions but got Gronk in the 2nd, Reed in the 4th and Olsen in the 6th. Need Reed to come back at some point to keep that 3 headed monster going.

Still long ways to go.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had 1 RTS team has high as 3rd about a month ago and was sitting in 63rd before last week when I scored a 204 to move me into 19th place going into the championship round but I sure wish that 204 would have been this week the first week of the championship round as that is what you need to have a legit shot and peaked too early. This team also lost Gronk and Reed to injuries which hurt. Started off poorly week 14 with Crabtree on this team. This team is really deep but the Gronk/Reed injuries are probably too much to overcome to have a shot to win it all.

I had an NFFC team as high as 23rd before finishing 39th in the regular season after starting Kaepernick last week dropped me down. This team also had Crabtree this week to start in horrific fashion especially with T-Hill sitting on the bench to add to the misery. This team is really solid with Bell/D-Murray/Dez/D-Thomas/Fitzgerald/Crabtree/Eifert but I am guessing that there are some DJ/Bell and Bell/Elliot teams out there that have either McCoy or D-Murray as well that are going to win it all.

From my 2012 winnings of $125K I had to pay 32K in taxes and from my 2014 winnings of $110 I paid $25K in taxes.

As an added bonus I received a letter in the mail from the IRS last month for an audit.

Apparently it's the NFFC's turn this year for me as my top RTS teams went into the crapper this week and I am done in RTS but in the NFFC I have 2 of the top 25 teams after the 1st week of the championship round.

Electric Relish and I have a team together after Brady poured in 36 pts tonight we finished with a cool 199.90 pts this week we moved from 374th place to 5th place overall about 16 points behind 1st place. Our only disappointment was Forte going out after scoring 0.8 pts and seeing Powell run wild if Forte gets half that we are in 1st place. Our team has overcome big time our 1st round pick was Allen Robinson who we did not play this week. Our 4th round pick Josh Gordon and Foster was also in the mix. Big FA pick ups of Rudolph and Tyreek Hill have been huge for us while getting Bell in middle of the 2nd round and Tom Brady in the 9th round have paid off big for us along with Hyde in the 7th.

I also have another team that is sitting in 23rd overall right now I thought I was going to have a monster week but Crabtree, Fitzgerald and Dez all laid an egg for me keeping me from moving higher.

It's a long shot to have any chance to even be in the running again come week 16 but if there is going to be a chance this year it will have to come from 1 of these 2 teams it looks like.

Edited by Henry Muto

That certainly would make things easier for me if I didn't do it. Every week after the Sunday night game is over I enter in all the scores and print them out on Monday before the game. Then I write what I am up or down below each game to know what I need or what I am rooting against on Monday night to know if I can win or lose. Then when the 4th quarter comes I can see what I am rooting for exactly otherwise I would be clueless to know what I need to happen. Even doing this sometimes after Monday night I find out in some leagues I just barely won or lost and didn't know it when I have multiple games sometimes coming down to the final minutes. Just something I like to do to know what is going on in all my leagues on Monday nights.

Henry on Monday..............

Ok here we go. YEs, No stop him, yes, no no no you dumn ass, Yes catch it, now stop him, NO NO NOOOooo, tackle him, throw it throw it, fumble damnit, MISS MISS, Yes, run you SOB, now stop him right there, NO NO don't let him score ssssshiattt...........give it to him.....WHAT WHAT's he doing in the game? Aahhh for cryin out loud what the hell is he doing catching the football, YES, now give it to him again, now just make it............Holding?,,,,,,,,,,,,NO NO NO.

Crazy

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Won 10 championships out of 80 possible leagues (not great but solid)

Won 2 championships out of 9 possible Dynasty leagues (had 3 barely just misses sat Brees week 15 would won the championship, lost 1 by 1.70 pts, lost another 3 week championship by 5 pts.)

Best National finish was 27th overall. Was in the NFFC and this is how razor this this stuff can be. If I had done a couple things different I finish 3rd overall for $15,000 and had I made 4 different moves I finish 1st and win the $100,000.

Week 15 I played Minn DF they scored 0 pts I had NE DF on my bench 18 pts that 1 move alone moves me to 11th overall.

In weeks 14 and 16 I played a fading Larry Fitzgerald who did very little and sat dynamo Tyreek Hill had I played Hill both weeks that moves me to 3rd overall.

If I played Ty Williams week 16 plus the NE D and Hill the other weeks I am the NFFC $100K champ again.

That is how razor thin these leagues are.

Bell was the main cog to my success that I did have this year was on 6 of my 10 championship teams and my best National finishes 27th, 46th and 51st all had Bell.

Better luck next year.

• Like 2

Won 10 championships out of 80 possible leagues (not great but solid)

Won 2 championships out of 9 possible Dynasty leagues (had 3 barely just misses sat Brees week 15 would won the championship, lost 1 by 1.70 pts, lost another 3 week championship by 5 pts.)

Best National finish was 27th overall. Was in the NFFC and this is how razor this this stuff can be. If I had done a couple things different I finish 3rd overall for $15,000 and had I made 4 different moves I finish 1st and win the $100,000.

Week 15 I played Minn DF they scored 0 pts I had NE DF on my bench 18 pts that 1 move alone moves me to 11th overall.

In weeks 14 and 16 I played a fading Larry Fitzgerald who did very little and sat dynamo Tyreek Hill had I played Hill both weeks that moves me to 3rd overall.

If I played Ty Williams week 16 plus the NE D and Hill the other weeks I am the NFFC $100K champ again.

That is how razor thin these leagues are.

Bell was the main cog to my success that I did have this year was on 6 of my 10 championship teams and my best National finishes 27th, 46th and 51st all had Bell.

Better luck next year.

You're my hero Muto. I just gotta know though. How the hell do you push through the pain, agony and bliss of watching so many players for and against in the same game, let alone the same weekend of football. I couldn't do it without the neighbors calling me in for 51/50 and keeping their kids from coming anywhere near me.

I have a hard enough time keeping myself from screaming at the TV during Cowboys games let alone FF.

• 6 months later...

Is it possible to win a league when your first drafted RB is in the 10th round ?  Apparently ER and I wanted to test the theory last night in our draft.  If that team wins the 250K grand prize we sure will have one hell of a story to tell.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Is it possible to win a league when your first drafted RB is in the 10th round ?  Apparently ER and I wanted to test the theory last night in our draft.  If that team wins the 250K grand prize we sure will have one hell of a story to tell.

As importantly, who was he?

• 4 months later...
On 7/15/2017 at 7:44 PM, stethant said:

As importantly, who was he?

Well apparently it is possible except when you make a few bad lineup calls.

This team that Electric Relish and I did this year when we did not draft a RB until round 10 was a smashing success until we decided week 11 to play Sanders over Adams.  That cost us the #2 seed the automatic berth to the $250,000 championship round and pushed us down to the #4 seed of the playoffs.  1 mistake can undo an entire season.  We then had a great week in the playoffs in week 12 scoring 164 pts only to lose to the #1 seed who scored 204 pts we were the 2nd highest score of the week if we were the #2 seed we would have won our game.  So now we are out of the playoffs and don't get to compete for the $250K.  We also dropped Burkhead mid season right before he went nuts had we kept him maybe things change.  Our 1st drafted RB was James White he held down the fort for about 8 weeks we got McKinnon off waivers and got Perine off waivers so we were ok at RB and had a 3 headed TE monster in a 1.5 PPR of Gronk, Ertz and Graham which carried the team.

On 10/8/2016 at 8:42 AM, Henry Muto said:

Actually the more teams you have the quality of your teams as a total go down. Less time to focus on each team for waiver moves is the main issue but also less time to spend on each teams starting lineup especially when news hits at Sunday when the inactive comes out so if you need to adjust lineups you don't have to just worry about a few and take your time getting in new players and moving out other players you have to rush around and make sure you get all the lineups changed.

I also track every one of my lineups and my opponents lineups on a spreadsheet so that takes a good 6 hours every Saturday night putting all them in and double checking to make sure I didn't put in a wrong player.

So yes having more teams gives you more shots to win a big prize but the more teams you have the more mistakes you make and it hurts your chances as well as many weeks I run out of time for waivers for some teams or rush around and miss players that are out there I would have wanted to pick up.

So what you are saying is if I suck now managing 3 or 4 teams I will really suck if I take on 10 times that amount. Ok, that makes sense. The more teams I play, the worse I will suck at this game. :lol:

Edited by Cowboyz1

On 10/8/2016 at 6:42 PM, Henry Muto said:

Once in a blue moon I'll change my lineup because of my opponent's lineup.  For instance, if my team is superior to my opponent's team, I will start Philip Rivers over Ben Roethlisberger if he is starting Keenan Allen and Hunter Henry.  It is so rare that my opponent's lineup affects my lineup that I think even looking at their lineup is a waste of time if you are in 50+ leagues.

Edited by michaelredd9

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 7:51 AM, michaelredd9 said:

Hey Henry, we need updates about how your season went.  We Huddlers live vicariously through you!

Was going pretty strong until the final week.  I was sitting with a teammate (Michael Cobb) in 8th overall out of 7200 teams in the FFPC until Gurley (who I didn't have on this team) went nuts and pushed me down to 24th overall finish.

In the DFWC Electricrelish and I were in 2nd place overall out of 612 teams going into the final week but we fell down to 5th overall so no 2nd National Dynasty championship for us.

Thanks for asking I do appreciate it.  It looks like my run of greatness may have come to an end.  I highly doubt I will ever be in the running to win another 6 figure contest going into the final day but if it ever happens again I will be sure to post on here another thread so everyone can follow as those 3 nights one in 2012, 2014 and 2015 were all very magical even the heart breaker when AJ Green failed to catch 1 stinking pass in the 2nd half.

• Like 1