[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenneth Dixon and the hype

medalofhonor

Everyone seems to be really on about Kenneth Dixon, some even going to the extent of saying that he could be this season's David Johnson, and would be a 1st round pick in next year's draft.

I missed the preseason and so I am pretty naive about it currently. But there are so many running backs who play well during the preseason but struggle to find a good share of snaps in the competitive games.

Is he really that good ? The Ravens re-signed Forsett for a purpose plus they are trying to involve West as much as possible, so why does everyone think Dixon becomes a bellcow right from the go ?

Sorry if I am ignorant.

good versatility...can catch the ball...22 years old....moves well laterally....supposedly heard he runs bigger than his size and can move a pile and run tough inside......some people had a 2nd round grade on him.....hes a ravens draft pick that they've scouted and think fits whats they do

forsett was resigned...yeah...but that doesn't mean much...if anything....he was brought back he knows the offense.....in this league you need a stable of backs anyway.......west and forsett have been abysmal and the ravens are still 3-0.....I think they are hoping Dixon can inject some life into this offense...its a good bet.....

I picked him up in two high stakes leagues last week and only spent 12 blind bid bucks...hes worth that price and stash.....if you cant see the potential opportunity I don't know what to tell you

good versatility...can catch the ball...22 years old....moves well laterally....supposedly heard he runs bigger than his size and can move a pile and run tough inside......some people had a 2nd round grade on him.....hes a ravens draft pick that they've scouted and think fits whats they do

forsett was resigned...yeah...but that doesn't mean much...if anything....he was brought back he knows the offense.....in this league you need a stable of backs anyway.......west and forsett have been abysmal and the ravens are still 3-0.....I think they are hoping Dixon can inject some life into this offense...its a good bet.....

I picked him up in two high stakes leagues last week and only spent 12 blind bid bucks...hes worth that price and stash.....if you cant see the potential opportunity I don't know what to tell you

I own him in 8 of 16 leagues currently and picked him up for nothing essentially. I don't think he'll be David Johnson, but I think he's got a reasonably good shot of being the lead back in the ravens offense.

I own him in 8 of 16 leagues currently and picked him up for nothing essentially. I don't think he'll be David Johnson, but I think he's got a reasonably good shot of being the lead back in the ravens offense.

in todays fantasy climate "lead back in the ravens offense(or any offense)" is good enough.....this is a guy that could be a 15-18 touch a game(maybe more certain weeks) guy.....if that aint worth an end of the roster stash I don't know what is

on a related note..... what happened to Buck Allen? I thought he performed very well last season when called upon. I can't understand their decision to run with Forsette and T. West over Allen. Anyone know the inside scoop on what the problem is with Buck Allen?

on a related note..... what happened to Buck Allen? I thought he performed very well last season when called upon. I can't understand their decision to run with Forsette and T. West over Allen. Anyone know the inside scoop on what the problem is with Buck Allen?

I wish I knew. He was much better than Forsett last year. Super annoying.

The hype is there because that is all it is right now. If you wait until the hype is anywhere towards reality, someone else will have him on the roster.

I haven't heard the "next David Johnson" type hype, but Dixon is supposed to have opportunity when he returns. If he flashes, he gone.

Let me add, a shared backfield usually exists because there are two or more RBs that either bring something different or are not distinguishing from the other. When a special player is involved, the greater share of the carries generally go to that player if they are built to hold up. The prevailing thought is that Dixon brings everything necessary and does most things better than the rest. If you look at Forsett, West and Allen there is nothing special at this point that would warrant them getting heavy work over the others. Perhaps Dixon is that difference maker which would warrant 2/3 of the action. In this day, if you get that much, you're doing all right.

Sorry if I'm coming off parochial.

Edited by Sharpie
  • Like 1

I think Dixon(210 lbs) falls in line with guys like Warrick Dunn(190 lbs) and Joique Bell(230 lbs). Runs well and catches well. Its hard for me to believe he'll just get the keys this year, but who knows the ravens seem to want to give him every opportunity with Forsett/West looking average and Allen mysteriously missing. Actually scratch that, Dixon is def the next David Johnson and BA should def trade for Dixon

Picked up both West and Dixon to be on the safe side. Although there is a high chance that this turns out to be an annoying RBBC at Baltimore.

On the flip side based on some of West's post-game comments over the weekend, it seems he does not prefer working in a committee. He said something on the lines of needing to get a heavy workload to perform his best. This could either make him an every week 18-20 carry guy from here on, or end up being his downfall with Dixon taking every down back responsibilities.