[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade - E Decker for M Gordon

CowboysDiehard

I'm commish of a long standing league with a no vetoes rule. Two owners, who are close friends, today traded Melvin Gordon (from the 0-3) team for Eric Decker (from a 3-0 team). Scoring is .33/rec and 7pts for a TD. Outside of the QB position, Gordon is easily the number one scorer on the 0-3 team's roster. The 0-3 team lost Dez (apparently) today.

I saw the trade and processed it through right away per league rules. At the same time, however, I got into a text exchange with the owner of the 3-0 team who received Gordon in the trade.

Basically, I questioned the motivation of the owner who gave up Gordon. I expressed concern that others in the league might make similar or worse trades, or that some owners may walk. We've lost owners in the past due to trades that were perceived to be unfair.

In the end, the owner wanted to undo the trade, and in fact they both sent it back. At this point, I said I would not undo it if they both thought was 'legit'. It's still sitting out there.

Since I respect the opinions around here (which is probably a hugh mistake), I figure I would throw the trade particulars to the you wolves to see what you thought about it. Is this a trade that any of you would make under any reasonable circumstance?

P.S. This isn't a 'should I veto this' question...that is up to them. We don't veto trades.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

Holy crap, how many freakin' bench spots do you guys have?

11. I know it's crazy. We have a mandatory keeper rule, so really at every draft there are 17 picks made. WW get's pretty damn thin, and anytime something decent comes up, if you are up in the standings, forget about it.