[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody else 0-3?

tazinib1

Having playoff seeding determined by power rankings, if you have that option, is absolutely the way to go. My first year in my main CBS league I was #1 in points, which I received a pot of money for, but I missed the playoffs due to my record. We've since changed that. Last year there was a team that was 0-8 and finished the regular season 5-8, nabbing the last playoff spot. I don't like playing in leagues where team records are the only factor in playoff seeding. It factors luck into the equation a bit too much.

Having playoff seeding determined by power rankings, if you have that option, is absolutely the way to go. My first year in my main CBS league I was #1 in points, which I received a pot of money for, but I missed the playoffs due to my record. We've since changed that. Last year there was a team that was 0-8 and finished the regular season 5-8, nabbing the last playoff spot. I don't like playing in leagues where team records are the only factor in playoff seeding. It factors luck into the equation a bit too much.

Hate to be that guy, but why even bother with head to head then? Just play total points and be done with it. 5-8 should never be getting into the playoffs even with hard luck. Reminds me of leagues where everyone makes the playoffs, well why have a regular season then? :shrug:

• Like 1

Hate to be that guy, but why even bother with head to head then? Just play total points and be done with it. 5-8 should never be getting into the playoffs even with hard luck. Reminds me of leagues where everyone makes the playoffs, well why have a regular season then? :shrug:

Having 1 division of 12 teams (or however many teams you have) helps some. You can still have the head to head every week that most people like, but it eliminates the 5-8 division winner getting in over a team with a winning record in a strong division