[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Network is Unlistenable

MothAudio

I have 5.1 surround, everything's fine with me too. My sound is Audyssey calibrated though (Denon receiver).

I have in past years had to put the sound to 2 channel stereo when watching Sunday night football, the crowd noise is not only much too loud vs. the commentators, but it's "wavy' sounding. They have improved it this year, but it's still not quite right.

I have 5.1 surround, everything's fine with me too. My sound is Audyssey calibrated though (Denon receiver).

I have in past years had to put the sound to 2 channel stereo when watching Sunday night football, the crowd noise is not only much too loud vs. the commentators, but it's "wavy' sounding. They have improved it this year, but it's still not quite right.

I'm also using a Denon A/V receiver, with Audyssey, splitting the source into five [5] Signet speakers + Velodyne CT-100 sub. Like I said, the NFL Network is the ONLY channel or video / music source [including blu ray] that I have this issue with artificially amplified bass response.

I'm 59 YO, audiophile since the early 70's, the common terms used is 2 channel, which is traditional stereo and multi-channel which splits the source into [typically] 5.1* [or more] speakers.

* .1 is the sub woofer.

When I moved into my house last October, it was wired for speakers but the previous owners took their speakers with them. Getting surround sound was my project last year. I put in a Yamaha 7.1 receiver with Bose speakers mounted and the rest are Klipsch speakers. I think it sounds ok most of the time but the background sound is a little higher than it should be. The thing I like is when you turn up the sound, it never sounds distorted.

• Like 1

Yeah...I was surprised this thread was about stereophonics or whatever the hell the young'uns call it these days.

+1. Distorted sound would be a blessing so I wouldn't be able to understand those clowns.

Although...I did enjoy Rich Eisen ripping the Dolphins post-game. Not that I dislike the Dolphins but I didn't think I'd hear an honest appraisal of game performance on the company TV show.