[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Decker, partial tear

ImNotSoIgnorant

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/progress-injured-eric-decker-field-start-jets-practice-article-1.2813053

Eric Decker has a partial tear in his rotator cuff and is officially out for Sunday's game against the Seahawks, Todd Bowles said.

Decker will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis, according to Bowles. It's unclear at this point if the injury will require surgery. Decker did not practice Friday despite stretching with the team before the session began.

The wide receiver said he's had similar shoulder problems in the past dating back to his baseball days. He will try and build strength back in the shoulder and do everything in his power to avoid surgery.

Anyone know much about this injury?

I had a full tear when I used to play rugby. Took me over 6 weeks to recover (it was the off-season so no rush to come back though) and the main problem was raising my arm up above shoulder height so I had a lot of rehab for that. Could certainly restrict his ability to go up for high balls depending on the pain and restriction of movement.

Edited by Dolphin_Akie

I had a full tear when I used to play rugby. Took me over 6 weeks to recover (it was the off-season so no rush to come back though) and the main problem was raising my arm up above shoulder height so I had a lot of rehab for that. Could certainly restrict his ability to go up for high balls depending on the pain and restriction of movement.

Did you require surgery? Obviously each person is different as are effects of injuries.

I had a partial tear (also playing rugby) and was out 3 weeks. Although, the 3rd was a bye so I may have come back sooner. As long as it's attached, it just needs a little rest and strength building. Muscles heal pretty quickly. Ultrasounds can speed the recovery. I would not expect him to be out too long but everyone is different.

I had a partial tear (also playing rugby) and was out 3 weeks. Although, the 3rd was a bye so I may have come back sooner. As long as it's attached, it just needs a little rest and strength building. Muscles heal pretty quickly. Ultrasounds can speed the recovery. I would not expect him to be out too long but everyone is different.

I needed some good vibes about this situation - your post did that lol....I was playing google doctor and the prognosis didn't read all that great. There's a few on Twitter saying it could be a IR thing... :yuk:

Edited by Valhalla

I needed some good vibes about this situation - your post did that lol....I was playing google doctor and the prognosis didn't read all that great. There's a few on Twitter saying it could be a IR thing... :yuk:

It comes down to the severity of the tear and where it's at. I would think it IR or a somewhat quick return

• Like 1

From Roto:

"When asked if Eric Decker's shoulder injury was potentially season-ending, Jets coach Todd Bowles said he is "not sure."
Decker has a partially torn right rotator cuff. "They have to monitor it," Bowles said. "[Doctors] said some people play with it over the course of time. We’ll see how it goes." Surgery is reportedly not an option right now, but it could be if the injury does not improve through rest and rehab. It looks like Decker will miss at least several weeks. Quincy Enunwa needs to be owned everywhere. Oct 1 - 9:40 AM"

This is almost worse than a season ending injury I think because if it was season ending could at least drop Decker...

Eric Decker (shoulder) "doesnt anticipate returning to full health" this season.

"I dont expect myself to be 100 percent at some point," Decker said. "Its just getting to where its manageable and I can still play the same game that I need to." Decker also confirmed hes "not sure" if the injury will require surgery. The Jets are hoping Decker returns this season, but his effectiveness is going to be a concern even if he isnt shut down. Oct 1 - 3:34 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5819/eric-decker

I'm considering putting in a claim to drop Decker for John Brown this week. Thoughts?

My other WRs are D.Hopkins, B.Cooks, T.Benjamin, S.Shepard. (Hopkins, Cooks, & Benjamin (flex) killed me this week, BTW.)

It's too soon....Not much range of motion news on him...

• Like 1

I needed to drop someone and held onto him and drop D.Jackson. Do not feel bad about it at all.

Wow. I don't like that at all. A gimpy Decker with a significant injury vs an admittedly boom or bust WR, but infinitely more startable over the next 6 weeks at least.

• Like 1

I have a partially torn rotator cuff. I can play football just fine 99% of the time. But that 1% is when I try to high point a football and reach back behind my head, the pain is unbearable, I almost black out from the pain for 5 minutes then it goes away. They will shoot him up with cortisone and he may be able to tolerate the pain.

• 2 weeks later...