[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Golden Tate

Swifter02

Tate has been killing many fantasy teams I assume. What to do with this guy? Bad routes, bad numbers, bad everything. Had him pegged as a great low end #2 WR this year, but now I am considering dropping him for a bag of old nails. Someone, possibly a Detroit homer talk me off the ledge.

At this point dude it's hard to talk you off that ledge. He's shown nothing and is in a quasy dog house. If you're deep at WR, I maybe would argue he's a stash play to see if he irons it out in the next few weeks. If you need to make a move for bye's , whatever, I would argue he's drop worthy.

Edited by Valhalla

At this point dude it's hard to talk you off that ledge. He's shown nothing and is in a quasy dog house. If you're deep at WR, I maybe would argue he's a stash play to see if he irons it out in the next few weeks. If you need to make a move for bye's , whatever, I would argue he's drop worthy.

This.

I can't argue with the posts above but I have to add one thing. It's only 4 games in and I have made a few mistakes giving up on a player too early when he is the #1 guy on the team coming off a solid season with a good QB. He may be dinged up or something going on personally or both. Doug Baldwin comes to mind. I was all but going to trade him, even drop him last year before I held on. Starting in week three of 2015 his stats were 6,12,10,5,3, and 6 measly points then boom!

Just sayin. Be glad you're not a OBJ owner. Now he is an ass chapper.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

There were legitimate concerns with OBJ this year coming in. It's in one of these threads. I never factored the ref's really helping him destroy his own mental game.

Granted, I had better things to do than watch a bad football game (DET/CHI) on Sunday. However, I like watching the local re-cap show and saw some important parts of the game. Stafford's first pick was completely on Tate as Detroit was driving down the field towards the end of the first half. A vet like Tate to not be in tune with his QB is inexcusable - he cost them at least 3, if not more and that's kind of where the game stood at the end.

Tate has been a potential malcontent for many years, and when things are bad, I don't see there being this miraculous resurgence, especially since Jones has taken his opportunity and run with it.

There were legitimate concerns with OBJ this year coming in. It's in one of these threads. I never factored the ref's really helping him destroy his own mental game.

Granted, I had better things to do than watch a bad football game (DET/CHI) on Sunday. However, I like watching the local re-cap show and saw some important parts of the game. Stafford's first pick was completely on Tate as Detroit was driving down the field towards the end of the first half. A vet like Tate to not be in tune with his QB is inexcusable - he cost them at least 3, if not more and that's kind of where the game stood at the end.

Tate has been a potential malcontent for many years, and when things are bad, I don't see there being this miraculous resurgence, especially since Jones has taken his opportunity and run with it.

Totally agree but someone is going to have to step up for the Detroit O or they won't be doing much. Ebron meh....Boldin may be too old to be more then a bit player. Roberts, can't see it.

available in one of my leagues. Deep rosters and I can't convince myself to add him. AT this point I'd rather take a shot with Boldin or Kerley. So unless its supper deep, I don't think he is worth holding

I can't argue with the posts above but I have to add one thing. It's only 4 games in and I have made a few mistakes giving up on a player too early when he is the #1 guy on the team coming off a solid season with a good QB. He may be dinged up or something going on personally or both. Doug Baldwin comes to mind. I was all but going to trade him, even drop him last year before I held on. Starting in week three of 2015 his stats were 6,12,10,5,3, and 6 measly points then boom!

Just sayin. Be glad you're not a OBJ owner. Now he is an ass chapper.

Is Tate the #1 WR on the Lions, isn't that Marvin Jones?

Thru 4 weeks stats (targets, rec, yards, TDs)

Jones 36, 23, 482, 2

Tate 26, 14, 95, 0

He was the #1 WR returning since Calvin retired. I haven't seen the Lions play yet, but from what I've been reading their offense just isn't doing well. Loss of Calvin, then Abdullah...

Well maybe that's BS, I see they are 6th in total yards/game, 13th in points/game.

Jim Bob Cooter said he expects WR Golden Tate to have a big game against the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 5.

Do we believe him?

translation: Jim Bob Cooter is trying to appease WR Golden Tates massive ego going into the Week 5 game so Tate doesn't have a hissy fit

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...