[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stupid trade in my league

Soroxas

so you're against trades that strengthens your competition ... this makes no sense.

someones team is always going to get stronger-- sometimes both - otherwise whats the point?

why even play in a league that allows trades?

cant believe I got sucked back into this :doh:

Well if my competition improves through waivers and FA then it's uncontrollable, but I honestly feel that I have a very small amount of control when it comes to trades. If one of your main competitors in your league has a stable of great WRS and is lacking at RB. So he initiates a trade with someone in order to receive a great RB and give up a great WR. However the WR being traded won't negatively impact his team because of his prior depth at the position. Will you seriously not cast a vote to veto? Knowing that the RB in question will drastically improve his team, lowering your chances at a playoff spot, lowering your chances at making the fantasy bowl, and lowering your chances at the 1st and 2nd place split of the pot?

Well if my competition improves through waivers and FA then it's uncontrollable, but I honestly feel that I have a very small amount of control when it comes to trades. If one of your main competitors in your league has a stable of great WRS and is lacking at RB. So he initiates a trade with someone in order to receive a great RB and give up a great WR. However the WR being traded won't negatively impact his team because of his prior depth at the position. Will you seriously not cast a vote to veto? Knowing that the RB in question will drastically improve his team, lowering your chances at a playoff spot, lowering your chances at making the fantasy bowl, and lowering your chances at the 1st and 2nd place split of the pot?

Wait, you are actually serious??!!!?? :huh:

I am very serious. It is a very improbable and extreme example, I realize that; but it is possible.

If that's the case, you might as well veto good draft picks. Shyt, don't play head to head, just play best ball.

• Like 1

Outside of clear collusion I would never veto a trade based on my opinion of it....that's not the purpose of it.

Vetoing good trades kills leagues because while your goal may be to prevent what you perceive is a good team from getting better -you are also screwing the other guy in the trade and not allowing him to improve.

That's my opinion....I wouldn't play in a league that veto'd trades out of pettiness.

I agree with Doobwa, Fantasy Football is about having fun and enjoying the banter of your leagues, with also a chance to win a little bit of money on the side.

Doing this just ruins the mood for petty reasons. And makes people stop caring for the league after a while. Where's the fun in winning a league where the only one actually left competeing is you.

Outside of clear collusion I would never veto a trade based on my opinion of it....that's not the purpose of it.

Vetoing good trades kills leagues because while your goal may be to prevent what you perceive is a good team from getting better -you are also screwing the other guy in the trade and not allowing him to improve.

That's my opinion....I wouldn't play in a league that veto'd trades out of pettiness.

Let's just agree to disagree, I respect everyone's opinion and it may ultimately be extremely petty of me to vote to veto trades that strengthen opposing teams. However, I will continue to do so. I feel I have a right to press veto versus pressing accept when I'm prompted to on my espn fantasy sports app. Furthermore, I want to increase the probability of winning my league in order to win the pot and earn $hit talking privileges for the rest of the year. To meet those ends I will do whatever's necessary to win!

I agree with Doobwa, Fantasy Football is about having fun and enjoying the banter of your leagues, with also a chance to win a little bit of money on the side.

Doing this just ruins the mood for petty reasons. And makes people stop caring for the league after a while. Where's the fun in winning a league where the only one actually left competeing is you.

Tebby........say hello to the bad guy ?

I like how you ask for our opinions then get mad when we give them to you.

You must be awesome at parties.

I think you are confusing the OP (soroxas) with the salty poster (Debo Jenkins).

I completely agree that owners overriding trades is horrible. Furthermore, I apologize for my "idiots" comment. It was unjust and uncalled for. However, I wholeheartedly believe that each and every person has a right to cast their vote to veto or accept a trade when prompted. It doesn't have to make sense to them, and it can be a perfectly fair trade. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion regarding the trade, and if they choose to veto then it's their right as members of the league.

Never mind, Debo Jenkins is totally unreasonable, I got hoodwinked...

Ok that is a bit more reasonable, but it sounded like you were saying "just veto every trade that is what I do, then if other vote to veto it won't pass". But still it sounds like you think its ok (and a right) for owners to block a trade without some legit reason, like owners colluding, or a very lopsided trade.

I prefer not to play in a league like that, maybe you prefer leagues where owners get to decide if a trade is ok. Most here think that is a BS way to go, because that leads to people just vetoing out of spite, it doesn't help them so why allow it. If the league allows vetoes, yes I suppose it is your right. But that doesn't mean it is the best way to handle allowing trades. A strong and fair commissioner can do that.

Edited by stevegrab

Well so much for being reasonable, I guess to you a fantasy league is one where you get to have some say in how others run their teams. Why not have voting on rosters, or draft picks.

Yes it is extremely petty, manurety, immature and plain selfish. I pity anybody in a league with you (maybe they all feel the same way, in which case you deserve each other). The Zero Trade league, because no trade benefits every team. :crazy:

Well so much for being reasonable, I guess to you a fantasy league is one where you get to have some say in how others run their teams. Why not have voting on rosters, or draft picks.

Yes it is extremely petty, manurety, immature and plain selfish. I pity anybody in a league with you (maybe they all feel the same way, in which case you deserve each other). The Zero Trade league, because no trade benefits every team. :crazy:

Plenty of trades have been approved and passed in my main league every year I've been in it. Furthermore only one trade, which was obviously collusion between siblings, was ever vetoed by the league. My main point has been continually taken out of context. I have chosen to accept trades and I've also voted to veto them. My main point has always been that if you don't agree with a trade for one reason or another, you are always free to vote to veto. 99% of the time if the trade is fair 11 of the 12 people in the league won't vote against it anyway. So my one vote to veto won't matter. My message to the OP was to take advantage of your right to vote if you don't like the trade, and don't let anyone dissuade you from it. I may be petty, immature, selfish, and etc. One thing I'm not though is a follower. I don't conform to the opinions of the masses and I do what I want when I want. You may pity those in a league with me every year, but those in the league beg me to come back on a yearly basis. Edited by Debo Jenkins

Plenty of trades have been approved and passed in my main league every year I've been in it. Furthermore only one trade, which was obviously collusion between siblings, was ever vetoed by the league. My main point has been continually taken out of context. I have chosen to accept trades and I've also voted to veto them. My main point has always been that if you don't agree with a trade for one reason or another, you are always free to vote to veto. 99% of the time if the trade is fair 11 of the 12 people in the league won't vote against it anyway. So my one vote to veto won't matter. My message to the OP was to take advantage of your right to vote if you don't like the trade, and don't let anyone dissuade you from it. I may be petty, immature, selfish, and etc. One thing I'm not though is a follower. I don't conform to the opinions of the masses and I do what I want when I want. You may pity those in a league with me every year, but those in the league beg me to come back on a yearly basis.

The only reason people beg someone to stay in the league is because they suck and they want you around to guarantee them at least one win per season. Nobody begs somebody who wins every year.

The only reason people beg someone to stay in the league is because they suck and they want you around to guarantee them at least one win per season. Nobody begs somebody who wins every year.

Someone posted earlier about how a league is more fun when it's competitive. Therefore it's possible they want me back for the competition. You don't go to the playoffs every year if you suck.

.........I just vetoed your comment.

Huh. How'd you know I was talking about you? I could have been talking about anyone, really. I sense that you realize that what you're doing is not only wrong, but downright dumb. I would never, ever, EVER be in a league where you - or anyone of your ilk - were commissioner.

Edited by darin3

Huh. How'd you know I was talking about you? I could have been talking about anyone, really. I sense that you realize that what you're doing is not only wrong, but downright dumb. I would never, ever, EVER be in a league where you - or anyone of your ilk - were commissioner.

I assumed you were referring to me because I'm the bad guy, and as the bad guy everyone is sparing no expense to belittle me. Quite honestly I feel I'm the only right one in this thread, I'm just trying to convert these Jedi to the dark side. Furthermore, I'd never be in a league with any of you, because I'd relentlessly talk $hit to each and every one of you after I won the league. You think you don't like me now, just imagine how much more you'd hate me after I won your league lol.

I assumed you were referring to me because I'm the bad guy, and as the bad guy everyone is sparing no expense to belittle me. Quite honestly I feel I'm the only right one in this thread, I'm just trying to convert these Jedi to the dark side. Furthermore, I'd never be in a league with any of you, because I'd relentlessly talk $hit to each and every one of you after I won the league. You think you don't like me now, just imagine how much more you'd hate me after I won your league lol.

You aren't the "bad guy," you are just the guy with an opinion/belief that is wrong. No sense in arguing it because everyone here knows your belief about vetoes is just horrific.