[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stupid trade in my league

Soroxas

Some guy in my league just traded david johnson and dez for hopkins and lamar miller. I wouldnt even trade johnson alone for hopkins and miller. Both teams are 1 and 3. On top of this the guy who got johnson and dez got freeman by trading forte. Again another bad trade for whoevwr traded forte. And again to another 1 and 3 team. Whats everyones thoughts on these trades??

The side who gets DJ wins, but the difference is not as obvious as you might think it is. He basically got a two for one, with Miller currently seeing the most touches in the entire NFL.

Forte vs Freeman is close. I would have traded Forte away as well before he picks up an injury.

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with this trade. Of course someone will always win a trade. Dez is injured and under performing while Hopkins and Miller are at least healthy and playing. These threads need to stop.

• Like 3

good trade ... sounds like there is some nice wheeling and dealing going on-- that's what it is supposed to be

1-3 teams working deals to try and improve to get back in it

your job is to win- not critique trades

Just do what I do, veto the trade on your end and if a majority of the league votes the same and it's vetoed then it was unfair to begin with. However if the trade is completed then just accept the fact that you were being salty and move on.

veto the trade because you think its unfair? that's very lame.

Some guy in my league just traded david johnson and dez for hopkins and lamar miller. I wouldnt even trade johnson alone for hopkins and miller. Both teams are 1 and 3. On top of this the guy who got johnson and dez got freeman by trading forte. Again another bad trade for whoevwr traded forte. And again to another 1 and 3 team. Whats everyones thoughts on these trades??

Why aren't you making some trades like that to improve your team instead of hating on those making the moves?

I think trades are between 2 owners, if they think it is fair and isn't upsetting the balance of power, or some form of collussion then its fine. Not sure why so many who play this game think they deserve the right to decide if the trades others make are fair and should be allowed.

Just play in a league that doesn't allow trading...

Thats cool. But who wins the trade in your opinions. Dez and johnson or miller and hopkins. And forte or freeman

Presumably both sides win since they agreed to the trade which in theory means it improves their team.

Why do you think one side is getting screwed? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you how these players will do the rest of the season?

veto the trade because you think its unfair? that's very lame.

It's a free country; I can veto what I want, when I want, and how I want. I can veto these nuts if I wanted to. The beauty of the veto system is that unless a majority of the league agrees than it doesn't matter. Therefore I don't care if the trade is fair or not. If it strengthens my competition I'm voting to veto. You may consider it lame, and I respect your opinion. However I don't care, I'm winning my league no matter what, even if I have to cheat. I will win my league by any means necessary! Edited by Debo Jenkins

Just do what I do, veto the trade on your end and if a majority of the league votes the same and it's vetoed then it was unfair to begin with. However if the trade is completed then just accept the fact that you were being salty and move on.

Or do what smart people do, play in leagues that don't allow bitter little bitches to veto trades as a way to prevent others from improving.

• Like 4

It's a free country; I can veto what I want, when I want, and how I want. I can veto these nuts if I wanted to. The beauty of the veto system is that unless a majority of the league agrees than it doesn't matter. Therefore I don't care if the trade is fair or not. If it strengthens my competition in voting to veto.

So basically be a giant dillweed, I'm sure your leagues are awesome.

• Like 2

Or do what smart people do, play in leagues that don't allow bitter little bitches to veto trades as a way to prevent others from improving.

Did I touch a nerve? Because you're the one sounding very bitter. 2 or 3 people vetoing a trade in a 12 team league doesn't matter because the trade will still go through. Does common sense elude you all? I am literally trying to be logical with idiots.

Did I touch a nerve? Because you're the one sounding very bitter. 2 or 3 people vetoing a trade in a 12 team league doesn't matter because the trade will still go through. Does common sense elude you all? I am literally trying to be logical with idiots.

I'm not too sure they are the idiots here.

• Like 3

People vetoing a trade simply because they don't like it and 'it doesn't improve my team" is immature BS I won't deal with, so I would never play in a league with people that do that or a league that allows owners to override trades with nothing but a "I don't like it".

Enjoy your petty actions.

PS The nerve you touched is the weekly "should this trade be vetoed" post by some moron who's never posted here before and thinks we'll validate their nonsense and give them a warm and fuzzy feeling for stopping such unfair actions as trades.

Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 3

I never stated in my original post that I thought the trade in question was bad and that he should veto it. I stated that instead of asking our opinions it would be much easier on his end to vote to veto the trade if he felt it was unfair. If the rest of the league felt the same way then they would follow suit. However, if they didn't then he would just need to accept the fact that he was being salty.

I never stated in my original post that I thought the trade in question was bad and that he should veto it. I stated that instead of asking our opinions it would be much easier on his end to vote to veto the trade if he felt it was unfair. If the rest of the league felt the same way then they would follow suit. However, if they didn't then he would just need to accept the fact that he was being salty.

One day my young Padawan you will see the error in your way. Until then there is nothing we can do to help you. This is a journey you must complete alone.

• Like 2

People vetoing a trade simply because they don't like it and 'it doesn't improve my team" is immature BS I won't deal with, so I would never play in a league with people that do that or a league that allows owners to override trades with nothing but a "I don't like it".

Enjoy your petty actions.

PS The nerve you touched is the weekly "should this trade be vetoed" post by some moron who's never posted here before and thinks we'll validate their nonsense and give them a warm and fuzzy feeling for stopping such unfair actions as trades.

I completely agree that owners overriding trades is horrible. Furthermore, I apologize for my "idiots" comment. It was unjust and uncalled for. However, I wholeheartedly believe that each and every person has a right to cast their vote to veto or accept a trade when prompted. It doesn't have to make sense to them, and it can be a perfectly fair trade. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion regarding the trade, and if they choose to veto then it's their right as members of the league.

It's a free country; I can veto what I want, when I want, and how I want. I can veto these nuts if I wanted to. The beauty of the veto system is that unless a majority of the league agrees than it doesn't matter. Therefore I don't care if the trade is fair or not. If it strengthens my competition I'm voting to veto. You may consider it lame, and I respect your opinion. However I don't care, I'm winning my league no matter what, even if I have to cheat. I will win my league by any means necessary!

so you're against trades that strengthens your competition ... this makes no sense.

someones team is always going to get stronger-- sometimes both - otherwise whats the point?

why even play in a league that allows trades?

cant believe I got sucked back into this :doh: