[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can someone post some official league rules for how you handle an abandoned team?

MTSuper7

This is for my main local league in which one of our owners passed away suddenly last weekend. I'm just looking for something that can help us know the best way to navigate this, and I assume we'd treat the team the same way we'd treat a team who's owner isn't actively managing any more.

Sucks to have to post this, but TIA for the help.

My condolences for your leagues loss.

My local has no contingency rules for such an occurrence. However, as the commish this is how I would handle it. First, see if any league members know of a suitable replacement. If no one could be found locally I would probably come to thehuddle and find a volunteer to run the team for us. I'm sure you'd find someone here. :2cents:

Sorry to hear that.

Our rules state that his team will be picked based on the ESPN composite rankings done by Matthew Berry, Karabell etc. They then pick up players using the rankings to pick up the best kicker or DST if they have a bye until a new owner can be found (only happened once for a fortnight).

Tough situation, we have no rules to address it. Since we have a pair of commissioners we'd probably have them manage the team and if one commish played that team the other would handle the lineup that week.

This is how we would likely handle it, we don't have any specific rules for it either but as long as the team is managed appropriately I would it hard to believe any of the owners would object.

Tough situation, we have no rules to address it. Since we have a pair of commissioners we'd probably have them manage the team and if one commish played that team the other would handle the lineup that week.

This is exactly where we landed. We also have two commissioners, so this solution should work. Thanks everyone for the responses.