[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate to tell you this....

CowboysDiehard

They need to somehow someway come up with some semblance of a pass rush or they're not going anywhere in the postseason

And wtf is up with rushing 3 guys on 3rd and passing distance all the time? Makes no sense to me at all

Are any of our drug-addled defenders coming off suspension any time soon? :lol:

• Like 2

The Cowboys sure are a dark horse to get to the NFFC game. I mean, playing a home game after a first round bye, they'll surely be heavy underdogs.

Come on, man. The NFC is not that strong. They are a front runner to make the NFFC, end of story. They don't have rookies; they have good football players.

A good D just exposed your team... Sorry. The Vikings ineptitude on offense beat them. I wouldn't book tickets to the SB just yet..

That was an inspired effort on the part of the Vikings D. I was worried about this game being in Minn, Dallas on a 10 game winning streak, travelling after a Thur battle with divisional rival Skins who took it to our defense AND the Vikings D playing for their coach who was unable to be on the field with them. This was a HUGE win for the Cowboys. they were due for an off game and no worse place to have it but in Minn with their D. This game was about mistakes and that turnover on the punt. The Vikings had us on the ropes but that fumble changed the entire game. Had Bradford not been under center and the Vikings O line hadn't been decimated by injury, they could have won this game. If I am the Vikings D, Thielen gets a soap lullaby tonight.

This is the kind of win that takes the Cowboys to another level. Winning games that you shouldn't just goes to increase the teams confidence while at the same time provides a wake up call to stay focused and eliminate mistakes. This game provided what I would call a "reset loss" without the consequences of the loss. It's really hard to win 11 in a row without having a let down along the way. As evidenced by the fact that NO Cowboy team has ever won 11 games in a row which includes the star studded 90's teams with their #1 ranked defense to go along with their triplets on offense behind the Dallas Wall.

This is proving to be a magical season.To get this W they way they did and now have 10 days to rest up and get ready for the Giants makes for an awesome stretch run. Could not have gone any better if you ask me.

Go Cowboys.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

Kyle Rudolph is the most overrated TE in the NFL. All top 10 TE's would have made that TD catch that went right through his hands. He's become so soft, he can't break tackles. If he's hit below the waist at all he falls over. And he never fights for yardage anymore.

The Cowboys were lucky to win that game. Missed opportunities along with key mental mistakes, and questionable refereeing got the Boys the win.

Sure there was no slamming into Bradford's head on that 2 point conversion, sure, riiight.

Never the less, a good defense can shut the Cowboys down. No rookie QB has ever won the Super Bowl.

I really hope the Vikings play the Cowboys again this season. In the playoffs of course.

Kyle Rudolph is the most overrated TE in the NFL. All top 10 TE's would have made that TD catch that went right through his hands. He's become so soft, he can't break tackles. If he's hit below the waist at all he falls over. And he never fights for yardage anymore.

The Cowboys were lucky to win that game. Missed opportunities along with key mental mistakes, and questionable refereeing got the Boys the win.

Sure there was no slamming into Bradford's head on that 2 point conversion, sure, riiight.

Never the less, a good defense can shut the Cowboys down. No rookie QB has ever won the Super Bowl.

I really hope the Vikings play the Cowboys again this season. In the playoffs of course.

I think Rudolph was screen from seeing the ball by Jones reaching for it just in front of him. That would have been a tough catch but one he makes if he sees the ball. I still wonder if Bradford gets the 2 pointer even with the penalty call. Bradford is just soft, both in his play and body. He just doesn't have that will to make the play regardless of circumstances. He just plays soft.

Like I said, Vikings played inspired defense tonight but the Cowboys were off and made more mistakes in this game then they have all season. If they play again, they win pulling away IMO.

...we won that one like the Patriots win on occasion.

This is an excellent post. You said so much more with less words than the dribble of an essay.

The ball bounced their way. One big play on offense and one on special teams.

They are looking like a team with that intangible "something" this year.

He is so soft that he took a helmet to the ribs and finished the game. Bigly softness.

You must not have taken that into account I guess.

I don't mean physically soft, I mean game soft. No will to get his team points. No will to get his team a 1st down. Just no impetus to help his defense out.

I'm just glad Romo wasn't playing. He would have been crushed with the pass rush the Vikings D was getting last night. Dak didn't play great but his legs kept plays alive.

I thought just the opposite. Romo would have gotten us out of bad run plays and into a quick passing game. I saw Dak get spooked by the double A gap faints all night. I think both would have won the game but Romo would have had a better passing day making them pay for the blitzes they were running. He wouldn't have wasted a couple of screens that were jumped from the snap either. Dez play would have been a TD also by the way.

• Like 1

A good D just exposed your team... Sorry. The Vikings ineptitude on offense beat them. I wouldn't book tickets to the SB just yet..

I think the VIkings with just 1-2 of their starting OL in the game would have won it. They were so overmatched Bradford had little time, but credit their offense with being able to do anything with the short time he had to throw.

And on the 2p conv could have easliy called roughing the passer and maybe the Vikings tie to force OT.

Very entertaining game, I know the scoring was down and fantasy hates that, but I like good football more than worrying about fantasy.

Got to love C1 ever the optimist, their team being exposed by a good D just makes them better. Not to mention the Cowboys D let a team with Bradford and 3rd string OL drive for a late TD and nearly a game tying 2p conv. Love the "Bradford is soft" commentary, I'd like to see how tough Dak looks behind that OL, with no decent RB and no Pro Bowl WR/TE. How much will would he or Romo have behind that OL.

I cannot wait to see the Cowboys lose in the playoffs and hear the crying. Maybe he'll turn on Dak then and push for Romo to replace him.

• Like 1

I thought just the opposite. Romo would have gotten us out of bad run plays and into a quick passing game. I saw Dak get spooked by the double A gap faints all night. I think both would have won the game but Romo would have had a better passing day making them pay for the blitzes they were running. He wouldn't have wasted a couple of screens that were jumped from the snap either. Dez play would have been a TD also by the way.

Have you changed your mind and want Romo to replace Dak?

Have you changed your mind and want Romo to replace Dak?

Nope, Dak has earned the right to lead this team to what ever outcome. However, I still worry about what will happen in the Playoffs. I would feel more comfortable with Romo in the playoffs. If Romo were under center I would put money on the Cowboys winning the SB. Super to have Dak getting playoff experience in his first year though so the Cowboys benefit either way.

I think you guys are throwing the word "exposed" around a little too freely here. Everyone knows Minny has a good D and they were also at home . They stopped Dallas pretty good. We also were very sloppy and were killing ourselves with penalties including a mystery one on that long run that got called back on Zeke. They won a game where they faced a stout D on the road and where Dallas didnt have their best stuff. That is a something I cant remember seeing in Dallas for ages

As far as Cboyz post above about Romo, I totally agree with him. I love Dak. I agree with Dak being our starter, but I still believe that Romo is much much better at getting the ball downfield . I honestly think this offense would be lethal with Romo under center , but I agree with not rocking the boat and I enjoy Daks strengths which is Poise , ability to run and scramble , and making smart decisions with limited turnovers

Edited by whomper
  • Like 1

Nope, Dak has earned the right to lead this team to what ever outcome. However, I still worry about what will happen in the Playoffs. I would feel more comfortable with Romo in the playoffs. If Romo were under center I would put money on the Cowboys winning the SB. Super to have Dak getting playoff experience in his first year though so the Cowboys benefit either way.

Yes exactly right

Youre not checking in on my predictions on dak

you're also not checking in on Romo in win or go home games

the record is....

2 wins 11 losses

but yes get romo in there :rofl:

I think you guys are throwing the word "exposed" around a little too freely here. Everyone knows Minny has a good D and they were also at home . They stopped Dallas pretty good. We also were very sloppy and were killing ourselves with penalties including a mystery one on that long run that got called back on Zeke. They won a game where they faced a stout D on the road and where Dallas didnt have their best stuff. That is a something I cant remember seeing in Dallas for ages

As far as Cboyz post above about Romo, I totally agree with him. I love Dak. I agree with Dak being our starter, but I still believe that Romo is much much better at getting the ball downfield . I honestly think this offense would be lethal with Romo under center , but I agree with not rocking the boat and I enjoy Daks strengths which is Poise , ability to run and scramble , and making smart decisions with limited turnovers

THe thing that has me worried is that in the playoffs, against really good teams, the trade off of limiting turnovers and playing KC like clean offensive football can be dangerous as being too aggressive. Dak made some plays that Romo could not have made with his legs but he also was okedoked on far too many downs. Romo would have carved the Vikings D up last night in the passing game. We would have seen slant routes into the space left by the A gap blitzes. We would have seen counter and draw plays into the space left by the blitzers. We would have seen some gash runs as well as swing passes going for big yardages by Dunbar and Zeke out of the backfield. Not to mention Witten would have had 10 catches by coming off the line of scrimmage and heading straight for the space vacated by the linebackers for 6 yards a pop and kept his catch streak going!

That being said, we are going as far as Dak takes us and I'm so glad we have both players. It feels so great that we have Romo ready if anything happens which is a comfort we haven't had for a long long long time.

Go Cowboys.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I cannot wait to see the Cowboys lose in the playoffs and hear the crying. Maybe he'll turn on Dak then and push for Romo to replace him.

After last year, man, I'm just grateful for the roll we're on. The season, after the way we lost Romo, has exceeded all expectations. Obviously, I want the winning to continue but won't be crying when/if it ends.