[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate to tell you this....

CowboysDiehard

So ... how can we possibly bring Romo back?

Remove him from the injury report, give him 1st team reps for two weeks though the bye, and start him on Sunday. That's how.

Lest we forget, Romo had his best year with a running game. He was the most efficient and lest amount of picks. Took us to within a horrible reversal call on the 1/2 yard line from the Championship game. That was only 2 years ago.

You put him in and everyone supports it. Now the leash he is about the length of a single link but he has earned the right to have his job back to take us to the promised land. Elway got it, Manning got it, and he will get it.

Now my mind tells me not to upset a good thing we have going on but Romo is 5-0 right now if not for a single play. I have no doubt about that. Jerry is loyal, he wants to win yes but he is loyal and Romo will get his shot in the sun. He deserves it. He gave his body for the team remember. Ribs, Lung, Back bones.......I give him his shot.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Remove him from the injury report, give him 1st team reps for two weeks though the bye, and start him on Sunday. That's how.

Lest we forget, Romo had his best year with a running game. He was the most efficient and lest amount of picks. Took us to within a horrible reversal call on the 1/2 yard line from the Championship game. That was only 2 years ago.

You put him in and everyone supports it. Now the leash he is about the length of a single link but he has earned the right to have his job back to take us to the promised land. Elway got it, Manning got it, and he will get it.

Now my mind tells me not to upset a good thing we have going on but Romo is 5-0 right now if not for a single play. I have no doubt about that. Jerry is loyal, he wants to win yes but he is loyal and Romo will get his shot in the sun. He deserves it. He gave his body for the team remember. Ribs, Lung, Back bones.......I give him his shot.

Besides the wins ... Dak has another thing going for him ... ZERO interceptions. Romo has demonstrated he is now fragile, hell he is messing with life changing injuries. I don't see how you mess with the successful chemistry the team currently has now, especially if Dak is the QB of the future.

• Like 2

Besides the wins ... Dak has another thing going for him ... ZERO interceptions. Romo has demonstrated he is now fragile, hell he is messing with life changing injuries. I don't see how you mess with the successful chemistry the team currently has now, especially if Dak is the QB of the future.

I hear you Grits, with both ears wide open and tingling. I just can't see making Romo sit and watch his team taken from him without giving him a shot at what every player in the NFL has ever wanted. Dak we will have for the next 10 years as well as Zeke.

We have to remember, Dak is a Rookie. A damn good looking Rookie that has balled out better than anyone could have imagined yes. However, he is still a rookie and we need Romo's experience when the games get into December. Now if we had a lights out defense like that played today...........sure the decision would probably be even tougher.

Romo has earned the right to have a game this season to prove he still has what it takes. I think he knows it will be only one if he loses.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I hear you Grits, with both ears wide open and tingling. I just can't see making Romo sit and watch his team taken from him without giving him a shot at what every player in the NFL has ever wanted. Dak we will have for the next 10 years as well as Zeke.

We have to remember, Dak is a Rookie. A damn good looking Rookie that has balled out better than anyone could have imagined yes. However, he is still a rookie and we need Romo's experience when the games get into December. Now if we had a lights out defense like that played today...........sure the decision would probably be even tougher.

Romo has earned the right to have a game this season to prove he still has what it takes. I think he knows it will be only one if he loses.

As I recall Romo's experience in December has not resulted in very many December victories. And I call bullmanure on the idea that a player's past performance has earned him the right to the starting position. The ONLY reason you take Dak out of the line up is because of sentiment for Romo, and that just isn't reason enough.

It's gonna be a really hard sell to put Romo on the field if Dak keeps this up.

• Like 1

Threads like this make me wonder why i quit drinking.

And then you remember the rest of the reasons. Coming from an alcoholic family,I know.

Threads like this make me wonder why i quit drinking.

Because you want to live and live a life in control and have those around you love you for making not only your life better but theirs too. You could not have done a better thing for those you love. Much respect for you TAZ. MUCH RESPECT! :tup:

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

I agree with this. I am not so sure this team has the goods for a superbowl run because of our defense , but you are right about how Romo played his best football when he had the running game working bigtime with Murray. I love Dak and I am super excited that we have a qb that seems to be able to carry the load in the future. I just think Romo is a much better passer. There will be games, like the one coming up against GB, where GB is going to score and probably score a lot . If you stack the box and dare a qb to beat you, id rather have Romo throwing. This is no slight towards Dak at all. I love the guy. Romo played his guts out for this team for many years and he should be given the keys back when hes healthy. Maybe with a short leash . I think you will see the Romo you saw the year we almost made the championship game . When he doesnt have to play every play like the game depends on it and can actually lean on a running game, Romo is an excellent qb . Either way I am very happy with the direction we are headed in. I think we are young and players on D away from joining the upper echelon but I am happy we have hope again.

Make up some injuries, keep Romo out all season, force him to retire and make him a coach or something. No looking back from Dak, or that leash better be real short (first bad pass that COULD be intercepted get's Romo benched).

@Packers, BYE, Eagles, @ Browns, bring him back to feast on the Browns, if he does ok roll with him and by the MIN game in week 13 you should know if he can finish the year or its Dak's team.

Make up some injuries, keep Romo out all season, force him to retire and make him a coach or something. No looking back from Dak, or that leash better be real short (first bad pass that COULD be intercepted get's Romo benched).

@Packers, BYE, Eagles, @ Browns, bring him back to feast on the Browns, if he does ok roll with him and by the MIN game in week 13 you should know if he can finish the year or its Dak's team.

I would not bring him back for the Eagles. That would be very dangerous to me. Like bringing him back to face a Carolina defense last year. Bring him back for the Browns so he can knock some rust off. Just like Brady was able to do Sunday.

Because you want to live and live a life in control and have those around you love you for making not only your life better but theirs too. You could not have done a better thing for those you love. Much respect for you TAZ. MUCH RESPECT! :tup:

Thanks brother. I was just kidding...however, being a Charger fan...now thats another story!

:wink:

Thanks brother. I was just kidding...however, being a Charger fan...now thats another story!

:wink:

I know, just giving you a pat. What ever the hell is going on with the Chargers would drive a Pastor to the bottle. They are just collapsing like I have rarely seen by a team.

I am usually in the camp of don't rock the boat, but I say if Romo is healthy, 100% healthy, you have to start him. He is a better QB then Prescott. Prescott has done a great job managing the game and the coaching staff deserves a ton of credit for playing to his strengths, but Romo - IF HEALTHY - gives them a better chance to make and go deep into the playoffs this year.

I also have to say I am very impressed with this team. This is not your typical Cowboys team. There are no loud mouths, convicts, or general Dill Josh Gordon bags hogging the spotlight (except Jerry). This is a team playing as a team and focusing on winning the game at hand. If the defense holds it ground and the offense controls the time of possession (and keep their defense fresh), they are going to be a tough team to beat in the playoffs.

• Like 1

:pc: Like you were when the Saints won the SB?

40 years of losing, perennial whipping boys, NFL farm team before the 80s. I think I more than deserved to bask in the glow. Plus, I am one, they are many and WAY more obnoxious than I could ever hope to strive for!

Here's a great example of why the Cowboys are so annoying:

I was watching the game Sunday and Prescott dropped back. Bengals shut down the receivers and the pocket collapsed. Very good defensive play by the Bengals and Prescott had to throw it away to avoid the sack. Collinsworth says: "That was a great throw away by Dak!" :crazy:

• Like 1

I am usually in the camp of don't rock the boat, but I say if Romo is healthy, 100% healthy, you have to start him. He is a better QB then Prescott. Prescott has done a great job managing the game and the coaching staff deserves a ton of credit for playing to his strengths, but Romo - IF HEALTHY - gives them a better chance to make and go deep into the playoffs this year.

I also have to say I am very impressed with this team. This is not your typical Cowboys team. There are no loud mouths, convicts, or general Dill Josh Gordon bags hogging the spotlight (except Jerry). This is a team playing as a team and focusing on winning the game at hand. If the defense holds it ground and the offense controls the time of possession (and keep their defense fresh), they are going to be a tough team to beat in the playoffs.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Romo is a better qb than prescott.

Yes bring him out before he breaks bradys record

This way romo can jump in there and create some more turnovers...

it doesnt feel right without them!

Check in on what I said about Dak

Check in on Tony Romo being 2-11 in win or go home games.

Get him in there folks its the only way you can have your heart broke as a dallas fan :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: