[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Sucks

Tripleshot

He's in Joe Flacco territory now. Hell, I might drop him for Joe Flacco. Will he have more touchdown passes than Eli Manning Faces this season? He's been awful. Too many innaccurate passes and missed opportunities. Is he showing his age or is this just the product of a truly offensive line in front of him? Maybe the G-men should've spent some of that free agent money on a left tackle.

Manning has shown his inaccuracy throughout his career, but has also been a clutch player when the game counts. That said Tye, OBJ, and Cruz all had critical dropped passes last night, 2 of which would have been scores and 1 that was a conversion. The o-line has been terrible this season, especially with a rookie LT which takes time to coach up. The lack of run game with Vereen and Jennings out also doesn't help alleviate the pressure.

The O-line is killing this offense. Penalty after penalty killing drives and they aren't giving Eli enough time in the pocket. You can see he doesn't feel comfortable in the pocket because he's expecting to get hit. All of his passes are check downs and short crossing patterns. He hasn't had time to stretch the field with his receivers. Until the O-line starts playing better, Eli will struggle.

the left tackle was a first round pick rookie LAST year I believe, and wasn't good then, either.

He was a rookie last year. He actually played well last year even though he was forced into playing LT because of so many injuries. They originally wanted him to get his feet wet at RT and then possibly move to LT.

he's always been over rated but in fairness this year the team isn't helping him much.

poor line play... no running game... hard to be successful with that combo

I thought he'd have a good year fantasy -wise but he'll be on the bench for a bit for me

I have Bortles I can start in place of him and did just that last weekend but Bortles was on bye this weekend. I also have OBJ and was thinking they'd make a great combo but even against the Saints they sucked. At this point I just can't trust him until that line starts protecting him because he's playing scared right now.

The big problem with the giants offense imo is lacking a 3-down rb (and blocking TE) because it limits the players they can have on the field, the plays they can run, Eli's ability to change plays at the line of scrimmage, etc. the defense knows the giants want to pass the ball when rainey/vereen are on the field and dares them to run it. so they run all those draws but it's not effective. Defenses will let them run draws for 3 yards or 3 yard dump offs all day. They need an RB who's a legitimate threat to break off a home run in passing situations.

Paul Perkins has the best chance to be that guy imo but he's not up to speed in pass protection. I hope they're devoting as many resources as they can to getting him up to speed. We've seen he's both a good runner and pass catcher, better than Jennings.

They should also move Cruz to the slot where he's been most successful in his career and put Shepard on the outside (I think he played outside in college?), or at least experiment with it. Cruz has never been good on the outside. We saw that in 2013. They said Cruz can "win the job on the outside" but declared Shepard the slot receiver. WHY? Why can't you move them around and see what works best? The Giants coaching staff and organization as a whole is way too old-fashioned, too slow to adapt, too unwilling to experiment, in my opinion... I was hoping McAdoo would change that, hasn't seemed to.

Edited by pun
  • Like 1

They have to do something soon. The season is rapidly slipping away. They have the offense to score points and the defense is better than last year. The Washington loss will come back to bite them sooner than later. I was hoping to be 3-2 after week 5. I figured a definite loss to Minnesota and a probable loss to Green Bay. The next five - Ravens, Rams, Eagles Bengals and Bears - are almost forcing the Giants to have to go 4-1 just to keep up for a wild car berth. Anything less than 4-1 and I believe the season will be over. If we go 4-1 that will leave us at 6-4 with six to go and the chance to compete for a wild card.

Giants have a tough schedule coming up too. I'm seriously considering picking up another QB for the next few weeks...until Eli shows something.

A.Smith, T.Taylor, M.Mariota...somebody like that.

Ew, good luck with that. I'd try a trade if you have anyone on the bench that someone else needs. Hopkins might get you a QB after they're not needed for a bye week. Unless you believe he'll turn around.

Ew, good luck with that. I'd try a trade if you have anyone on the bench that someone else needs. Hopkins might get you a QB after they're not needed for a bye week. Unless you believe he'll turn around.

I traded Tom Brady for Deandre Hopkins and Doug Martin.. was that ill advised? I figured hopkins will pick it up and I've had Wentz/Prescott filling in.

I actually got really lucky last night & pulled off a Decker for Stafford trade. Stafford owner has Brady so he didn't need Stafford. And he needs WR for the playoff push. I think it was a steal for me, but he made the offer. :tup:

Still considering dropping him and rolling with Wentz or Cousins as needed. Was looknig at another sites rest of season rankings, there Eli is a more reasonable #16 (Huddle has him at 6 where he was in week 2). I think anywhere in the top 10 is too high, yes he has weapons, but he is incosistent their OL isn't doing well and their running game has almost disappeared.

I wouldn't want to be relying on him to start.

I put him on the trading block in my league but no interest. Nobody is really that weak at QB.

Never been a fan of Eli but it really doesn't make much sense that he hasn't been more productive. He's got the one of the best WRs in the game (a head case but still great) in OBJ, Cruz back, and Shepard who is a very good rookie.

Yes, the line sucks and with a lack of consistency at RB makes it tougher but still. He should still be far more productive than he has been.

Never been a fan of Eli but it really doesn't make much sense that he hasn't been more productive. He's got the one of the best WRs in the game (a head case but still great) in OBJ, Cruz back, and Shepard who is a very good rookie.

Yes, the line sucks and with a lack of consistency at RB makes it tougher but still. He should still be far more productive than he has been.

I don't know man...I'd love to make fun of Eli as much as the next guy...but watch 5 mins of the Giants and you'll immediately realize why he's playing poorly. Dude gets absolutely 0 time to do anything before the pocket completely collapses.

He's kinda shook on every play, expecting to get hit from the blind side any second.

• Like 1

He's kinda shook on every play, expecting to get hit from the blind side any second.

This. I can't remember seeing Eli this jumpy in the pocket ever. it is almost like he is anticipating getting hit every drop back. After five weeks, he has easily been playing the worst at his position of any QB in his division. And that is sad seeing as two are rookies and the other is Cousins.

He is in my lineup for one more week. If he does not turn it around this week, it is to the bench he goes.

As for real football, if he gets beat up this week and looks as bad as the past two weeks, regardless of whose fault it is (HC, OC, QB, OL) then we are done. The playoffs will be a pipe dream.

in the league i own eli im 7-3....he hasn't cost me a game yet.....but he did cost me high game 50 dollar bonus two weeks ago....that would have paid for two losses or two drop adds at some point...missed it by a friggin point

sadly...I think im going to ride this out one more week with eli( have Winston coming off bye after this week...not that hes an every week must start but his schedule does open up nicely).....I hate the giants...I know the minute I pull eli out or dump him hell throw 3-4 tds

I a big issue for him is a lack of sizeable targets...I know beckham is athletic and can really get up....but eli doesn't have a guy that's 6-2 or bigger than he doesn't have to be perfect with .....I think a lack of size in the giants receiving corps kinda hurts eli

Wow you guys are still starting Eli, that takes some guts. 3TDs in week 1, but only 2 since. Without TDs the yards just aren't enough for a QB (in my scoring), especially with the picks (4). Doesn't help that I went with Cousins in week 1 and missed Eli's only good start. He didn't cost me a game yet but week 3 he was outscored by Cousins (and my 3rd QB Wentz).

I'm still debating if I cut him or not, but won't be starting him unless he has a great matchup and has improved some before that. Guess I'll hold maybe through the bye. Might get lucky and be able to trade him if there are more QB injuries. The Huddle predictions have him about 6 points ahead of Wentz but I'll take my chances there.