[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens fire Marc Trestman, promote Marty Mornhinweg

michaelredd9

Ravens fire Marc Trestman, promote Mornhinweg

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/344397/ravens-fire-marc-trestman-promote-mornhinweg?ls=roto:FA:topheadlines

Ravens fired OC Marc Trestman.

Former Eagles and Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg will take over the play-calling duties. Running an offense Joe Flacco publically questioned last week, Trestman might have sealed his fate by abandoning a running game which was averaging 6.2 yards per carry in favor of a passing attack which averaged 4.6 yards per attempt in a close loss to the Redskins on Sunday. Mornhinweg will likely be tasked with getting and keeping the running game going as well as playing to Joe Flacco's strengths by pushing the ball down the field. Following a promising first season in Chicago, Trestman's NFL stock has fallen dramatically in the last three seasons.
Source: ESPN
Oct 10 - 9:35 AM

I saw that West had 11 for 95 in that game.

Looking at his snaps, he had 5 carries in the first quarter, 2 in the second quarter, then 3 straight on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter, which was 10 carries. He had one more which went for 27 yards on the following drive and that was it. You literally have one thing working for you and you abandoned it.

I don't see how this doesn't bode well for West.

I saw that West had 11 for 95 in that game.

Looking at his snaps, he had 5 carries in the first quarter, 2 in the second quarter, then 3 straight on the opening drive of the 3rd quarter, which was 10 carries. He had one more which went for 27 yards on the following drive and that was it. You literally have one thing working for you and you abandoned it.

I don't see how this doesn't bode well for West.

Like too many teams they have a problem deciding which RB to use. I didn't see the game but was reading the play-by-play and see one series late Q1 where they use West, Allen and Dixon to run on 3 consecutive plays (the first 2 got a first down, then a loss of one). Lots of short series with 1-2 first downs then punt, usually after a string of incompletes. I think one major problem is nobody to throw the ball to. Wallace and Smith are old, Aiken/Perriman aren't special, Pitta is above average.