[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moral Dilemma - traded Decker last night

etrain1234

Last night, my buddy approached me to see if I was interested in trading for Mattthew Stafford since my other QB is Eli and he's been struggling. He asked for a WR in return.

Well, we agreed on Decker and our Decker for Stafford trade processed last night. Yes, my buddy knew Decker was injured. But obviously, neither of us knew he'd be placed on IR today.

Do you think the trade should be reversed? Do I "owe him one" and try to make things right by trading him a different WR?

I'm not sure what to do here. And to make matters worse, I'm the Commish of the league.

Thoughts?

Edited by etrain1234

Last night, my buddy approached me to see if I was interested in trading for Mattthew Stafford since my other QB is Eli and he's been struggling. He asked for a WR in return.

Well, we agreed on Decker and our Decker for Stafford trade processed last night. Yes, my buddy knew Decker was injured. But obviously, neither of us knew he'd be placed on IR today.

Do you think the trade should be reversed? Do I "owe him one" and try to make things right by trading him a different WR?

I'm not sure what to do here. And to make matters worse, I'm the Commish of the league.

Thoughts?

You both had the same information as of last night readily available.

Sucks for him, but dems the breaks.

• Like 1

Unless you knew inside information you didn't do anything wrong. I am always reluctant to trade away or trade for anyone with a status like Decker for this reason. You feel bad no matter which side of the deal you are on

I think those are the breaks and you move on. You don't undo the trade or throw him a bone in another trade. You both had the same information

I believe because you are posting this, you are having guilty thoughts. There was always a chance this could have happened. He took a gamble and lost.

I guess if you don't want to have hard feelings, you could rescind the trade.

Personally, I'd say 'screw him'. All is fair in love and FF!

Edited by The 13ers

If he wasn't a friend would you feel as bad? If the team getting Decker was 5-0 and a 90% favorite to win the league would you feel as bad?

If I weren't the Commish, I wouldn't feel as bad. :brow: And the guy I traded with is 4-1.

I'm going to wait and see if he says anything. Reversing would be messy, because he already picked up another QB in waivers last night.

I don't think you should rescind the trade. If you feel bad and want to give him "past considerations" on a future trade (let it skew a bit in his favor) I think that is ok. He took a risk.

Hopefully your league won't complain because you are the commish, doesn't mean you knew in advance that Decker was gonig to IR.

• Like 2

Its obviously up to you since you are getting the player and are commish. You can rescind if you feel bad but you don't owe it to him.

This. But since you are the commish, and as a former commish, most everything you do that appears to benefit you is often times questioned by your league mates. Something to consider.