[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else play in a league where trades rarely happen?

tebby

This is just a random vent thread for a slow news day, feel free to trade your funny trade stories so we can laugh at them.

I love the league I play in, it's always a fun time. It gets a little bit into facepalm territory when it comes to trading players though. Most of the owners seem to think their players are made of gold lol.

Just yesterday I tried to get DeAngelo as a handcuff and was prepared to give away Terrance West and Alshon Jefferey for him. I thought I was being stupid for overpaying but I am a very paranoid person when it comes to injuries lol. But it was rejected!

Anyways anyone else have some weird trades that were rejected?

Edited by tebby

Yeah a majority of my leagues are like this. The worse part of these leagues is I try to send trade offers and they just 100% reject the trade and make no counter what so ever. The only trades that happen are like 1 for 1's and it's like a handcuff rb for a WR5.

Currently I only play in my local where trades are extremely rare. Its a 10 team league,teams have a relatively small bench(15 players) which makes for a good WW pool. Personally, I suffer from terminal buyers remorse and tend to avoid trades, I'd rather play the WW.

I asked the Bell owner if he'd be insterested in swapping backup RBs (Washington of OAK [i have Murray] for DWill) and got no response. So instead I signed Jalen Richard off waivers (kept DWill and dropped Abdullah) and scored more points to boot.

I'm pretty hesitant to trade myself, we usually see several trades a year and a few more before he season starts as teams try to find enough good players to fill the 5 keeper slots.

Glad i'm not the only one who experiences this. Makes me frustrated. Thankfully there's 4 of us in a 12 man that makes trades pretty often, a couple others that chime in. But most of the players respond as previously stated. Even the teams that have only won one game this season still overvalues their players... boggles my mind. The OP trade is a prime example. You were freaking nuts to make that offer... NUTS. Trade raped yourself and the player still turns it down. Freaking nuts, lol. Can't trade with a player like that, personally I wouldn't even want to play with him, but he's probably bottom of the league though, am I right?

Glad i'm not the only one who experiences this. Makes me frustrated. Thankfully there's 4 of us in a 12 man that makes trades pretty often, a couple others that chime in. But most of the players respond as previously stated. Even the teams that have only won one game this season still overvalues their players... boggles my mind. The OP trade is a prime example. You were freaking nuts to make that offer... NUTS. Trade raped yourself and the player still turns it down. Freaking nuts, lol. Can't trade with a player like that, personally I wouldn't even want to play with him, but he's probably bottom of the league though, am I right?

Haha he isnt last, but hes getting there. 2-3 on a 3 game losing streak.

I'm in a 10 team .5pt PPR league that's in its 10th year. I'm currently 1-4 last in my division. The other division has an 0-5 team and a 1-4 team. I've been trying for 2 weeks to get the winless guy to trade with me. I'm weak at WR which is what's killing me but I have RB depth. He is hurting at RB but has depth at WR. I just text him again tonight to see if he wanted to talk about a trade and all he said was, not much of a point anymore. I tried to trade with the 1-4 guy and he didn't want to trade either. It is very frustrating because I'm not giving up but apparently they already have.

Edited by Finn5033

It's funny to see this thread cause I was thinking of starting a discussion on league rules that could encourage more trading. The two leagues I play in are very similar to everyone else's above experiences. It's like no one wants to take any risks!

I'm happy to say last night and today I was able to break the trade cherry in both my leagues. Funny though because I highly doubt there will be many more trades in either of those leagues.

What does everyone think, are there league setups that drive more trading than others?

Agree with all of the above. Like the comment on a trade being rejected right away without any counter offer.

I would send a trade to another owner not knowing where he/she stood. I would research the rosters and look and see what could benefit both teams. I just wanted to get something started expecting a counter but nothing. And sometimes I'd see these owners out and about joking about my trade offers.

Man, get some onions and negotiate son! That's half the fun in fantasy!

So just an update on this. Today I received a new counter-offer for my trade! He wants DeMarco Murray for Adrian Peterson and DeAngelo Williams, which is totally ridiculous of course, but HEY it's progress!!!

I'm proud of my league now.

Time to hit reject.

I play in a dynasty league and trades happen all the time. Especially when teams start to fall out of contention or get a little long in the tooth. Then trades for picks happen.

My other redraft league has barely any trades.

Everyone comes to the forums and they tell them to get more

It's about the trade banter going back and forth. The wheeling and dealing.

There are not many that like to go back and forth and are too afraid of doing something wrong.

There is nothing wrong with asking for more (depending on the offer of course)

i.e. - a 2 for 1 offer. Most league the person getting two has to drop someone anyways. Why not see if you can get a slight upgrade to your roster? The person is dumping someone and you need to pick up anyways (unless your league does not have rule for keeping open slots).

Not sure there are any setups or rules to encourage trading. We have very deep benches, few FAs that are mentioned are available. In some ways that does encourage trading. But the bulk of ours still come in the offseason, I think there were 3 this year before the draft, and none since. (Pre draft trades are about helping teams with less talent add keepers, while the stacked teams get some extra picks.)

agree, in leagues with deep benches trading mostly likely not happening during the season.

Those with less bench, still have little trade action mainly due to playing the WW or just afraid.

I thinking about pitching to my league to move up to 12 teams and less bench. I'm sure that will increase the WW action, but hopefully more trading.

I agree with consensus about being frustrated. Trading is one of the more exciting parts about FFL. A lot of people are missing out.