[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Checking out Playoff Matchups- Is it too early?

Helmholtz_Watson

So i'm in 1st place in my league at 4-1 and looking at my players' matchups for the playoff weeks. I don't like Brees at Arizona Week 15. Is it too early to be thinking alternative here? At first glance, i have two possible options for a Brees replacement on that week:

1) Tyrod Taylor is home vs Cleveland week 15 and available in my league. I'm seriously thinking about picking him up now and holding him until then.

2) Dallas is home vs Tampa. Romo and Prescott both available.

What do you guys think? Anyone else do this?

I'm afraid i'll cruise through the reg season and get a bye then need to rely on Brees at Arizona my first playoff game. I don't believe in the "always play your studs" or "play the guys that got you there" rules.

It depends on your depth, # of bench spots, and competitiveness of the league. This year due to all the injuries (which I luckily escaped) I'm pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot so I started looking for playoff matchups after week 4.

There aren't many QBs for week 15 that have a low value or are available off FA, as you mentioned, Tyrod vs CLE is probably the most likely and maybe Prescott/Romo who play TB. If you're able to trade some players to owners who need depth at a position and have 2 QBs, Yyou might be able to get Dalton at a low value vs PIT who has a pretty terrible secondary.

Mariota might get you by most of the upcoming weeks with plus matchups especially if he takes the ball into his own hands as much as he did last week. It was more similar to his play style last season.

The fantasy football gods are fickle and don't like it when managers assuming playoffs after only 5 weeks. That's usually when they'll call up their buddy karma and do a number on those lacking respect.

Just sayin...

• Like 1

The fantasy football gods are fickle and don't like it when managers assuming playoffs after only 5 weeks. That's usually when they'll call up their buddy karma and do a number on those lacking respect.

Just sayin...

The worst is talking any kind of smack. I think I'm 0-126 lifetime when I throw it down before the game. I know, I'm thickheaded. The first three times weren't enough to stop me.