[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading Gordon

Rimmytose

10 Team Standard League. 6 pt passing TDs. Yardage bonuses > 100 rush/rec and > 300 passing.

Start: QB, RB, RB, W/T, W/T, W/T, TE, K, DEF

My team:

QB: Luck

RB: Johnson, DeMarco Murray, Gordon, Jennings, Henry

WR: Green, Marshall, Bryant, Snead, Michael Thomas

TE: Gates

Feeling like I could use an upgrade at TE and I'm receiving offers for Melvin Gordon. Evans and Olsen appear to be on the table. With my roster I feel that Gordon for Olsen straight up isn't a horrible trade. Would you trade Gordon for Olsen straight up?

Thanks

I actually have started a little shift in my thinking with trades a little bit.

You're playing DJ no matter what the matchup. Murray is proving himself to be almost matchup proof as well. So Gordon may only be an RB3 for you and maybe just a matchup play for you. He doesn't appear to be eligible for a Flex spot based on your settings. So he is going to sit on your bench most weeks now and you'll be reliant upon Gates to cover what Olsen could give you.

IMO, I'd rather have Olsen. In addition, I'm worried that Hunter Henry has proven himself enough to be the primary TE target and Gates' production will remain stagnant minus a game here or there.

I'd certainly go back and see if you can combo Gordon for Olsen and another quality depth player, yet I think the stronger lineup is with Olsen on your roster at the expense of Gordon.

• Like 1

I would definitely trade Gordon for Olsen. He's averaging a horrible ypc and is only relevant because he's gotten goalline touches and has scored some touchdowns.