[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eddie Lacy unlikely to play Thursday

michaelredd9

The Packers put Sam Shields on IR with his concussion problems and are hoping that he comes back this season. Teams can only bring back one player from IR. So my guess is that Lacy is done for this season

Didn't know about the one player back from IR restriction. Thanks. But of course, Green Bay can bring back either Lacy or Shields and they don't have to decide this until later.

i'm going to say that GB hopes to bring him back. They put him on IR today, before the week 7 game, before his surgery, before they know. If they thought it was season ending and/or not a big deal, then they'd probably just wait to make the IR decision. Even if they needed his roster spot.

So, GB thinks he'll be back for the week 15 game, but do you play him? Nope. You wait to see if he's recovered and in football shape.

So, do you hold a roster spot for week 16? not in redraft

The dude was fat with two good ankles. How is he going to stay in game shape on one?

• Like 1

Irish where in your analysis have you explained this idea that they know he's coming back? He is injured, having surgery and unavaible for weeks, so he went on IR. Am I missing something is there a "season is over IR" designation that can be used and player cannot come back? And that would be used if he cannot return?

I still think Starks is out for a few weeks, and by the time he is back Davis and Jackson have taken over his role. He's never been spectacular and often barely adequate.

I added Jackson last night, Davis was gone on waivers Tuesday when I tried to get him (those are the breaks when you're #1 overall record).

As for Lacy staying in shape with only one ankle, swimming is great cardio and can be done by most with bad legs.

Edited by stevegrab

Irish where in your analysis have you explained this idea that they know he's coming back? He is injured, having surgery and unavaible for weeks, so he went on IR. Am I missing something is there a "season is over IR" designation that can be used and player cannot come back? And that would be used if he cannot return?

I still think Starks is out for a few weeks, and by the time he is back Davis and Jackson have taken over his role. He's never been spectacular and often barely adequate.

I added Jackson last night, Davis was gone on waivers Tuesday when I tried to get him (those are the breaks when you're #1 overall record).

As for Lacy staying in shape with only one ankle, swimming is great cardio and can be done by most with bad legs.

Forgive me if you know this, but they changed IR so you can place people on IR, and choose to bring back one player (and only one, that's the limit) off of IR and back to your active roster. There is no "season is over" IR designation, theoretically every IR is that designation except the one you can choose to bring back.

• Like 1

Forgive me if you know this, but they changed IR so you can place people on IR, and choose to bring back one player (and only one, that's the limit) off of IR and back to your active roster. There is no "season is over" IR designation, theoretically every IR is that designation except the one you can choose to bring back.

Yes I know that, but wondered if i was missing something, so I asked how Irish LordOpie is using analysis to determine the Packers placed Lacy on IR with definite plans to have him return?

wow, Irish? that's hurtful.

when and how did I offend you so badly that you'd think I'm that...?

Sorry about that, not sure how I confused you two.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Packers put Sam Shields on IR with his concussion problems and are hoping that he comes back this season. Teams can only bring back one player from IR. So my guess is that Lacy is done for this season

Both are done for the season. They are activing CB Dorlent from IR for their move for the season.