[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN's Heisman Top 10

Kansas State 2000

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony Davis racked up 13-78 and a td before leaving with an eye injury; his status for next week is uncertain.

389002[/snapback]

Did you see the eye injury? The field has these little sand peddles all over it. Some got into his eye causing a reaction and a puffening of the eye area. I'd think he'll be fine for next week.

guess you missed his pathetic performance Saturday night.  If he was, he shoudlnt have been.

personally I believe White and Sproles are the 2 that will fight it out this yr.

375961[/snapback]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - how about a modicum of objectivity in these posts!

College football is INFINITELY MORE INTERESTING when one is willing to take the blinders off. Take a chance and LOOK AROUND for once in your life!

Leinart is the OBVIOUS number one choice at this point... even if it doesn't end up that way. GEEEEZ!

Edited by Bla Bla BLa

Why is Leinart the "obvious #1"?

Sproles led the NCAA in rushing last year...why wouldn't that put him at #1 to start the season?

...and, it's not like he did anything to put that to question with his 200+yds in week one...

Why is Leinart the "obvious #1"?

Sproles led the NCAA in rushing last year...why wouldn't that put him at #1 to start the season?

...and, it's not like he did anything to put that to question with his 200+yds in week one...

390435[/snapback]

That's a subpar day compared to the kid from West Virginia. The theisman trophy has gotten so inconsequential. The voters will screw it up, you watch. Jason White will get it because he threw a bunch of touchdowns against overmatched teams. Put him in a pressure situation and he can't play ball. Look at the top players in the nfl today, none have them won this jaded popularity contest. Maybe they should try to fix the voting of the theisman by turning it over to the same geeks that put OU in the championship game last year.

That's a subpar day compared to the kid from West Virginia. The theisman trophy has gotten so inconsequential.  The voters will screw it up, you watch.  Jason White will get it because he threw a bunch of touchdowns against overmatched teams. Put him in a pressure situation and he can't play ball.  Look at the top players in the nfl today, none have them won this jaded popularity contest.  Maybe they should try to fix the voting of the theisman by turning it over to the same geeks that put OU in the championship game last year.

391154[/snapback]

OU put half a 100 on 7 opponents, and an injury to the Heisman Trophy winner cost them an undefeated 14-0 season, there is no doubt in my mind of that. So save your BS about OU in the Championship game, they lost in a game, that USC and the Wac-10 is afraid to play in a Conference Championship game, and they were so far above any team that has ever been #1 in the BCS, they still outranked both those teams in the formula even after a embarassing 35-7 loss, and was still the #1 team, as they should be. unfortunately White couldnt recover from a wrist injury he later had surgery on that happened in the KSU game. You knock out Leinhart last yr and that teams loses at least 2 games down the stretch as well. What sux is the Wac-10 has exactly 2 teams that will be ranked this yr, and the winner of that game will probably go undefeated as a result. OU must play top 10 texas, top 15 KSU, Nebraska, Okie St which just whipped UCLA, Texas Tech who would hang 50 on anyone in the conference outside of maybe Arz with Lil Stoops there and USC, so lets no compare conferences, its not even close. Strength of Schedule should matter, you shouldnt have to win only 1 game a yr to end up in a Championship game, when other teams like OU and any SEC team have to play top 25 competition every other week to get there.

BTW, during the regular season which is what the Heisman is based upon because not every team plays a Conference Championship game, White threw 40 Tds to 8 INT, a feat that is incredible compared to what former Qbs have done. Also check out his completion %, and QB rating, and its a no brainer White won the award. He had the highest QB ranking in college football history, but I guess that is just irrelevant to you idiots as well.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Did you see the eye injury? The field has these little sand peddles all over it. Some got into his eye causing a reaction and a puffening of the eye area. I'd think he'll be fine for next week.

Alvarez said in the paper that it wasn't the little pebbles from the turf - the injury occurred when he hit the ground and somehow his helmet got driven down into his eye or something.

OU put half a 100 on 7 opponents, and an injury to the Heisman Trophy winner cost them an undefeated 14-0 season, there is no doubt in my mind of that.  So save your BS about OU in the Championship game, they lost in a game, that USC and the Wac-10 is afraid to play in a Conference Championship game, and they were so far above any team that has ever been #1 in the BCS, they still outranked both those teams in the formula even after a embarassing 35-7 loss,  and was still the #1 team, as they should be.  unfortunately White couldnt recover from a wrist injury he later had surgery on that happened in the KSU game.  You knock out Leinhart last yr and that teams loses at least 2 games down the stretch as well.  What sux is the Wac-10 has exactly 2 teams that will be ranked this yr, and the winner of that game will probably go undefeated as a result.  OU must play top 10 texas, top 15 KSU,  Nebraska, Okie St which just whipped UCLA, Texas Tech who would hang 50 on anyone in the conference outside of maybe Arz with Lil Stoops there and USC, so lets no compare conferences, its not even close.  Strength of Schedule should matter,  you shouldnt have to win only 1 game a yr to end up in a Championship game, when other teams like OU and any SEC team have to play top 25 competition every other week to get there.

BTW, during the regular season which is what the Heisman is based upon because not every team plays a Conference Championship game, White threw 40 Tds to 8 INT, a feat that is incredible compared to what former Qbs have done.  Also check out his completion %, and QB rating, and its a no brainer White won the award.  He had the highest QB ranking in college football history, but I guess that is just irrelevant to you idiots as well.

393520[/snapback]

What is relevent is that they got beat by LSU in the championship game. Blame it on injuries, but the writing was on the wall that a decent running back could move the sticks on that defense. Not that we could ever change the NCAA and it's idiotic computer controlled championship, but IF OU and USC hooked up last year, USC would have embarrassed them. Too many excellent rbs and too much pressure from the defense just like LSU did to them. Hopefully we will get to see it some day.

What is relevent is that they got beat by LSU in the championship game. Blame it on injuries, but the writing was on the wall that a decent running back could move the sticks on that defense.  Not that we could ever change the NCAA and it's idiotic computer controlled championship, but IF OU and USC hooked up last year, USC would have embarrassed them.  Too many excellent rbs and too much pressure from the defense just like LSU did to them. Hopefully we will get to see it some day.

394648[/snapback]

Oh really.

Vincent had 68 yds on 1 play and 117 total, easy to run on them huh.

Cedric Benson was held to 21 yds on 12 carries.

Sproles is the only back to have much success on that defense running the ball.

USC wouldnt have embarassed anyone, let alone OU. USC didnt have the corner play LSU had, so when they blitzed OU would burn them deep over and over and over all d@mn night. It would have been a blowout as OU would have put half a hundred on them, and OU would have held USC's passing game in check with the #1 secondary in the country. Save the 68 yd run from Vincent and LSU didnt run the ball on OU for Athena. Sproles is the only back to have much success vs OU all last yr. You know I heard the same thing in 2000 when supposedly FSU was going to rip apart OU, and they got shutout, literally. Well they did score 2 pts, but that was an intential safety OU took to seal the game. That is the defense of the Sooners, and save 1 game, that was clear to everyone OU was flat, was the defense LSU saw as well. LSU scored a defensive TD, and 14 total pts on offense in that game.

The Wac-10 is so weak its not even funny. And for a Wac-10 team to choke a win away in LSU's backyard had to be embarassing for LSU as well. Im sure Saban told his kids at the end of the game, we had it all along. Yeah F'n right. Just like Im sure USC coach Pete Carroll said the same thing at the end of their 1st game. Both of those coaches realize up to this point their teams look disappointing and if it isnt fixed it will be a long season. Im not so sure the QB play of LSU can be fixed this yr with GA, and FLA looming, or the OL play of USC. USC just doesnt play anyone but Cal, so hopefully for their sake they can win that lone meaningful game to get the chance to get blown out by OU this yr.

Talk is cheap, especially coming from an ARZ teams fan, who hasn't won Athena in 20+ yrs, and wouldnt have a chance without the help of a former Sooner Coach. Personally Id shut my ignorant ass mouth if I were you. You havent a clue about half of what you wrote above. You clearly are a highlights idiot, and failed to post the full story. But being a newbie, Its expected.

Whats done last yr is done. OU is over it and is out to prove last yr was a fluke. USC and LSU on the other hand better get their Athena together, or they won't have the right to be embarassed by the Sooners, THIS yr.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Now I don't know who will win the Heisman, I suspect the USC QB, but I think Cedric Benson will be a very good back in the NFL. His running style and size should be a nice fit for a team for a RB to carry the rock 20+ times.

He may not put up the best numbers at college, however I think he will excel at the NFL. If any of you play in leagues where you can claim a college player, I would grab him. I think he is a first 15 pick next year.

Now I don't know who will win the Heisman, I suspect the USC QB, but I think Cedric Benson will be a very good back in the NFL.  His running style and size should be a nice fit for a team for a RB to carry the rock 20+ times.

He may not put up the best numbers at college, however I think he will excel at the NFL.  If any of you play in leagues where you can claim a college player, I would grab him.  I think he is a first 15 pick next year.

395896[/snapback]

I definately agree with you, Sproles could win the Heisman, but hes likely no better than a 3rd round pick in next yrs NFL draft.

Same with Jason White for that matter, Heisman Trophy sucess has nothing to do with NFL success.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Oh really.

Vincent had 68 yds on 1 play and 117 total, easy to run on them huh.

Cedric Benson was held to 21 yds on 12 carries.

Sproles is the only back to have much success on that defense running the ball.

USC wouldnt have embarassed anyone, let alone OU. USC didnt have the corner play LSU had, so when they blitzed OU would burn them deep over and over and over all d@mn night. It would have been a blowout as OU would have put half a hundred on them, and OU would have held USC's passing game in check with the #1 secondary in the country. Save the 68 yd run from Vincent and LSU didnt run the ball on OU for Athena. Sproles is the only back to have much success vs OU all last yr. You know I heard the same thing in 2000 when supposedly FSU was going to rip apart OU, and they got shutout, literally. Well they did score 2 pts, but that was an intential safety OU took to seal the game. That is the defense of the Sooners, and save 1 game, that was clear to everyone OU was flat, was the defense LSU saw as well. LSU scored a defensive TD, and 14 total pts on offense in that game.

The Wac-10 is so weak its not even funny. And for a Wac-10 team to choke a win away in LSU's backyard had to be embarassing for LSU as well. Im sure Saban told his kids at the end of the game, we had it all along. Yeah F'n right. Just like Im sure USC coach Pete Carroll said the same thing at the end of their 1st game. Both of those coaches realize up to this point their teams look disappointing and if it isnt fixed it will be a long season. Im not so sure the QB play of LSU can be fixed this yr with GA, and FLA looming, or the OL play of USC. USC just doesnt play anyone but Cal, so hopefully for their sake they can win that lone meaningful game to get the chance to get blown out by OU this yr.

Talk is cheap, especially coming from an ARZ teams fan, who hasn't won Athena in 20+ yrs, and wouldnt have a chance without the help of a former Sooner Coach. Personally Id shut my ignorant ass mouth if I were you. You havent a clue about half of what you wrote above. You clearly are a highlights idiot, and failed to post the full story. But being a newbie, Its expected.

Whats done last yr is done. OU is over it and is out to prove last yr was a fluke. USC and LSU on the other hand better get their Athena together, or they won't have the right to be embarassed by the Sooners, THIS yr.

395643[/snapback]

You don't know much about AZ sports I take it. They haven't won Athena? Define Athena? They beat Miami in the fiesta bowl in 94. OU lost to BYU in the copper bowl 34-6 in 94. That's right, BYU. That was a WAC team. There record against the WAC-10 as you call them is 1-2 in bowl games. I remember watching the Huskies blow them out in the orange bowl in 85. It's easy for you to bang on AZ now because they are down, but that's what I expect from a blind OU newbie. So, i would shut your ignorant pie hole if i were you before spouting off about AZ teams and the PAC 10. I would stack USC and CAL up agaisnt any of the Big 12 teams. I would throw in ASU as well. Talk is cheap and so are your excuses.

Neutral observer (me) notices the "OU newbie" has been here since Jul 9, 2001 while Big A has been here since August of this year. Hmmmm? Just bustin' your balls a bit Big A. :D

BTW- I'm a Pac 10 boy. I love my Huskies, though they aren't looking too hot this year. Just so you kids don't think I'm a Big 12 guy.

You don't know much about AZ sports I take it. They haven't won Athena? Define Athena? They beat Miami in the fiesta bowl in 94. OU lost to BYU in the copper bowl 34-6 in 94. That's right, BYU. That was a WAC team. There record against the WAC-10 as you call them is 1-2 in bowl games. I remember watching the Huskies blow them out in the orange bowl in 85. It's easy for you to bang on AZ now because they are down, but that's what I expect from a blind OU newbie. So, i would shut your ignorant pie hole if i were you before spouting off about AZ teams and the PAC 10. I would stack USC and CAL up agaisnt any of the Big 12 teams. I would throw in ASU as well. Talk is cheap and so are your excuses.

396882[/snapback]

And who cares about ARZ sports, Im talking about the football team. How many National Titles has that sad-sack team ever won. Wow, go back a decade and they won a bowl game, thats pretty solid jerkoff. lets put this in perspective. I remember watching OU biatch slap the best of the Wac-10 in the 02 Rosebowl. Arz couldnt carry the jock of OU now or the history and tradition. OU has 7 National Championships, 38 Conference Championships, something like 65 bowl apprearances, and a handful of Heisman Trophies, compared to what. A school that has never done Athena. Won a bowl game in 94, WOW, Im impressed. OU has won National Championships and several Big 12 Championships since then. USC, Cal shouldnt even be in the same breath as ARZ, thats a disgrace to those 2 teams, and USC and Cal wouldnt never go undefeated in the Big 12, having to face top 25 competition every other week, not just 1 top 25 team a yr.

Hell at least BYU has won a National Title, when has Arz ever even come close. BYU used to be a perennial top 25 team in the early to mid 90's, what kind of idiot is trying to compare todays BYU with that of a decade ago. Thats like comparing OU vs ARZ right now. It aint even close.

Im done schooling this newbie tool, his ignorance about the subject is like comparing Bill Parcells to John Mackovic as coaches. In fact Isnt that the best coach Arz has had the last 10 yrs, until Sooner Stoops arrived. LMMFAO, later tool.