[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN's Heisman Top 10

Kansas State 2000

Sgt, There's two things you don't understand about last year's USC team. With the best defensive line in the nation, USC wouldn't have needed to blitz Oklahoma. And while the USC defense gave up passing yards, it was much tougher to pass on USC in the red zone.

White was hurt and immobile at the end of last season. He would have been a sitting duck for Udeze and company. And it wouldn't have mattered how good Oklahoma's corners were. Norm Chow would have found the weakness in the defense.

424689[/snapback]

I see 3 major faults with your post.  OU had the best D-Line in college last yr.  an all-american in Harris and 2 returning All- Americans on this yrs line that also played last yr. 

Second, OU had an OL like USC had never seen before, I doubt they could have pressured White with 4, nobody else on their schedule was able to do it.

Finally, the same way Norm, figured out the Cal Defense.

There is no doubt in my mind what would have heppened last yr, but I have an easy way to eliminate all doubt.  Beat Cal, and get to the Championship game this yr, and you will see for yourself when OU destroys those pretenders from the west coast.

424897[/snapback]

This sounds like a "My dad could kick your dad's ass!" taunt-fest...

:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMMAO,  demorrio williams  couldnt carry Lehmans jock.  He had more tackles because Neb offense was average at best.  OU lit up 7 opponenets for 50+ pts last yr, 2 being top 11 teams at the time they played them.  Lehman probably played 200 less snaps on the yr than demorrio williams, because of blowouts and the offense was on the field 38+ minutes a game for the sooners as compared to anything NU could do.  And lets not get into a pissing contest about NU and OU,  cause NU has already been embarassed at home this yr by an unranked  Southern Mississippi team, and OU will put half a hundred on them this yr in a blowout win.

Ill gladly defend my sooners until death,  homerism aside,  OU is the best team in college football right now.  Last yr is last yr, Im talking this yr.  Nobody can stack up position for position with the Sooners,  nobody.  And Stoops is a top 3 coach in the land and Id put Chuck Long up against any other OC in the country.  Hell even Arizona picked a stoops over the over-rated Norm Chow who is a genius against the Wac-10, until Cal comes a calling.  Whats sad is Cal is the best team SC will play this yr, and they couldnt compete with 3-4 teams in the Big 12.

425395[/snapback]

OU choked on Sproles and Vincent last year. Can't imagine what Reggie Bush would do to them. I am just waiting for OU to leave the nest and play a real team away from the big trailer park. All this talk, and no way to prove anything. College football sucks. No tournament, no real champ. Just Sgt. Ryan to keep us entertained with his fantasies.

USC chocked on Cal who was unranked.  And you are right, OU will play some competition as early as this week when they play Texas Tech who would outshoot USC.  USC is waiting for the lone top 25 team on its schedule vs Cal to decide its fate again this yr.  What sad is the Wac-10 is so weak, OU defeats one of the top teams in the conference and you say in another post OU defeated another weak team at home.  Well yeah, they defeated a Wac-10 team.

428897[/snapback]

I only say that because Oregon lost to Indiana at home. They were ranked at 25 before that game. To say that TT would out shoot USC is ignorant. TT put up a measly 27 on SMU and 24 on New Mexico before exploding for 70 against the horny toads. OU has given up 44 points in 3 games vs 23 given up by USC. I would say that both schools haven't played top notch competition, but clearly USC has played the tougher schedule thus far. VT, CSU, and BYU with 2 of those on the road. OU hasn't left home yet.

I like your sigline, Big A.  Are you SURE you're not a big Trojan fan more than a Wildcats guy? McKay was an absolute crackup and a legend...

434631[/snapback]

I am a huge PAC 10 fan overall. Lived in AZ for twenty years. McKay is without a doubt one of the best coaches the PAC 10 has ever had and just what the NFL needed for an expansion team. His quotes are the best. My favorite is still the execution question by the reporter. "What do you think of your team's execution out there?" I am all for it replies McKay. My team has been bad for so long that I end up going with the best of the PAC 10. Nice to see a west coast team winning the recruiting battle and winning championships. As much as I disagree with Sgt. Ryan, I am hoping that ex OU defensive coordinator Stoops gets the AZ ship turned around. We may agree on that...

My fave McKay-ism:

"Coach, why did you have O.J. carry the ball 47 times?"

"Why not? He's not in a union, and its not that heavy." Classic....

OK, One more:

On place-kicker Pete Rajecki having a bad camp with the Bucs because McKay made him nervous: "I don't think he's got much of a future here, because I plan on going to all the games."

• 2 weeks later...
guess you missed his pathetic performance Saturday night.  If he was, he shoudlnt have been.

personally I believe White and Sproles are the 2 that will fight it out this yr.

375961[/snapback]

White has NO shot after this performance so far 9/21 81 yds and an int :D