[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben now out 4-6 weeks

michaelredd9

Report: Big Ben now expected to miss 4-6 wks

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/345282/report-big-ben-now-expected-to-miss-4-6-wks?ls=roto:PIT:topheadlines

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Ben Roethlisberger (knee) is now expected to miss 4-6 weeks.

According to Roethlisberger, the prognosis has shifted due to lingering issues in his knee from a bone bruise suffered last season. He was initially expected to only miss 2-3 weeks, and possibly just one game, after meniscus surgery Monday. The Steelers host the Patriots in Week 7 before going on their bye. Big Ben admitted pain tolerance will be big in determining when he'll return, but he now seems likely to miss multiple games. Landry Jones will fill in as the starter for however long Ben is out. It's a downgrade for Antonio Brown and Co.
Oct 19 - 10:50 AM

The "just a couple weeks and maybe just one game plus the bye" was probably always wishful thinking by those involved, until surgery was done and they see what he knee is like they were just guessing and going best case.

Of course the Ben owner in our league snapped up Eli who I had just cut, his other option is Dalton. I play him week 8, Ben would have been on bye anyway, and so is Eli :)

I've also heard that Big Ben is expected to play in week 9.

Yeah, that was over the previous couple of days before this morning's revelation that his knee is still recovering from last year's issues, and his recovery will probably take longer. If it was just his meniscus from last week, then yeah he'd miss this one weekend coming up, then have his week 8 bye, and be good to go for the most part. Unfortunately, there's apparently residual damage from last year, so the doc said he needs more time.

while any decrease in value to ab is huge, this plus the injured hand all but kills coates as a viable starter i reckon

edit: well, looking back at last year, martavis played two games when ben was out and caught 9 passes on 16 targets for 3 TDs. those were the only TDs Jones threw last year. AB also caught 9 passes, also on 16 targets, but had no TDs. And looking at what preseason videos i could find, Jones did connect with Coates on a few nice deep balls and at least one TD.

so idk, remote possibility this benefits coates if you subscribe to that "backup QB has rapport with ex-second string WR" narrative.

Edited by pun

while any decrease in value to ab is huge, this plus the injured hand all but kills coates as a viable starter i reckon

I agree with this. But I started Coates over Meredith last week, and he gave me the finger. :wedgie:

Needless to say, I'll keep Coates in the closet for a few weeks, but I won't donate him....yet. :razz:

I agree with this. But I started Coates over Meredith last week, and he gave me the finger. :wedgie:

Needless to say, I'll keep Coates in the closet for a few weeks, but I won't donate him....yet. :razz:

Well, lucky that you have Meredith in said league!

I count on Coates as a WR3/flex in two leagues. In one league, if I were to sit Coates it'd be for Kenny Britt or Chris Hogan (at least until Corey Coleman returns). In the other, I can play both Ware & Charles to sit Coates, but if I only play one, it's a waiver wire crapshoot.

Check my edit though. After thinking about it for a while I'm not as sure it's a knockout blow to coates, unless the hand injury alone is enough.

Being a Steeler fan is tough these days.

Yes you poor boy been what 8 years since your last title, and 6 since the last SB? My heart bleeds for you... NOT

You don't know tough unless you were a Stealer fan before the 70s (when they sucked for several decades, something like 8 winning seasons in their first 40)

Want to compare franchises and talk about it being tough being a fan

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/