[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

per NFL: Lacy to IR- Surgery

Dcat

And Don Jackson is now going to be the main back, at least tonight, so hopefully he blows up and they can focus on one RB in the future, as opposed to 10 carries for Don, 10 carries for Knile Davis, 5 carries for Montgomery. Blech. Last thing they need to do is turn into the Detroit Lions' run game.

And Don Jackson is now going to be the main back, at least tonight, so hopefully he blows up and they can focus on one RB in the future, as opposed to 10 carries for Don, 10 carries for Knile Davis, 5 carries for Montgomery. Blech. Last thing they need to do is turn into the Detroit Lions' run game.

There are contradictory reports about who will be the main Packers running back tonight.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11858/don-jackson

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Jackson will be the "main" back for Thursday's game against the Bears. That contradicts ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky, who said earlier Thursday that WR Ty Montgomery would get the "majority of the running back reps." It's clearly an unknowable situation, one Knile Davis and Randall Cobb will also factor into. We'd consider Montgomery the only safe play. Jackson should be treated as a volatile RB4 for only the most desperate of owners. Oct 20 - 1:17 PM

They're not contradictory as they are at different times. Montgomery's report was late last night, very early this morning while the report of Don Jackson is the most current and recent, which makes it more valid.

I'm of course not starting Don Jackson tonight, but it bodes well he's been running with the first team all this week, has been with the team through training camp and on the practice squad all season, so he knows the protections, knows the scheme, and will hopefully (probably) get a chance to show it against a weak Chicago run defense tonight.

• Like 1

1. Kniles Davis is absolute garbage. He couldn't even fill in for an injured J. Charles, paving the way for Ware and C. West last year. When they did put him in for Charles, he sucked.

2. Montgomery? Really? Gimmik. Go with Don Jackson until Starks returns.

• Like 1

They're not contradictory as they are at different times. Montgomery's report was late last night, very early this morning while the report of Don Jackson is the most current and recent, which makes it more valid.

I'm of course not starting Don Jackson tonight, but it bodes well he's been running with the first team all this week, has been with the team through training camp and on the practice squad all season, so he knows the protections, knows the scheme, and will hopefully (probably) get a chance to show it against a weak Chicago run defense tonight.

He was picked up to the PS during the season. He was not in the Packers training camp.

• Like 1

I agree Davis is garbage, he averages less than 2 ypc his first two years in the league. But you never know how a player will do in a new environment, so I picked him up.

I don't agree that Montgomery is a gimmick per se, GB likes to move players around to create mismatches. But yes, he's not a "RB," although I've read he's got a thick lower body and I think he played RB before, so he was a natural fit to be a mismatch. Don Jackson should be the main one after tonight... I read up on him a few days ago, he "ran angry" often in college, went to Nevada (where Kaep went) and always showed talent. I'm excited to see if he can take advantage of tonight.

He was picked up to the PS during the season. He was not in the Packers training camp.

We're both kinda right. You're right about him not being in training camp, I read it wrong, but he was with them all offseason after being a post-draft FA, so when he was put on the PS it wasn't a new team.

• Like 1

Not sure I'd categorize the Bears run D as "weak". There's really no statistical evidence to back that up. They have been run on 6th most, and given up the 12th most yards, 14th most yds/game. Their average against is right there or below Arizona, Atlanta, and Denver.

Not sure there is any angle to play any RB who is new to the playbook against a decent enough of a rush D.

I see them utilizing Montgomery and Cobb in and out of the backfield, and would be surprised if either of the new RB's get more than 10 carries this evening. The Bears CB's are banged up and/or young, and can be exploited in the no huddle passing game.

This will be a minimum 3 TD passing game for Rodgers.

• Like 1

We're both kinda right. You're right about him not being in training camp, I read it wrong, but he was with them all offseason after being a post-draft FA, so when he was put on the PS it wasn't a new team.

Trust us when we tell you if BJ corrected you then you were wrong and he was right You weren't kind of right ;)

Isn't traiing camp part of the off season? If not when does it start and end?

I read here http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Packers-to-sign-RB-Don-Jackson-to-active-roster-48332304 that he was added to the PS in early Sept and had been cut before training camp. He may not be totally new to the Packers team, but he wasn't there the whole time.

Still I agree he is more likely than Kniles Davis to get snaps, but Ty Montgomery and Cobb will also get some. I wouldn't be counting on any rushing numbers from any of them.