[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Devante Adams the real deal?

applesaucebauce123

Too many mouths to feed in Green Bay. He will be hit or miss and is dependent on having a viable threat (Jordy Nelson) opposite him. Definitely worth a roster spot, but expect to see him not used a lot in some games.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

why don't you go to your site, click on his name and see what he's scored thus far?

There's no way we can know how many points per week he's gonna score. And I wouldn't even guess

Well... yeah, I've done that but as a newcomer to FF I don't often see the smaller details and trends in things. Like, is Rodgers the kind of guy to stick with what works, or what does the Packers matchup look like for Week 8 and does it favor Adams, etc.

That's why I turn to the forums for everyone else's more experienced thoughts.

Wouldn't start him, but he is averaging 7 targets per game. If you are bad at WR, he may be worth a stash in PPR.

Thanks~ Yeah, my WR situation isn't the best.

Well... yeah, I've done that but as a newcomer to FF I don't often see the smaller details and trends in things. Like, is Rodgers the kind of guy to stick with what works, or what does the Packers matchup look like for Week 8 and does it favor Adams, etc.

Week - pts

1 - 12.5

2 - 2.1

3 - 9.3

4 - 17.0

5 - 4.4

6 - 31.7

Factor in that Green Bay also has two other outstanding receivers in Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. All three are not going to blow up every week (Nelson had 2 points this week). If you look at Adams alone you'll see he often follows a good showing with a poor one. What makes this problematic is this: Most people wouldn't have started him week one, but then seeing he was mildly productive then they may be tempted seeing that he actually outdid both Nelson and Cobb. So he rewards you with a 2 pt showing. The next week he's back up to 9, but still not enough to tempt. The next week is 17 and, again, outscoring Nelson & Cobb so you start thinking upward trend. You finally get the nerve to put him in your lineup again and you're rewarded with 4 points. Back to the bench you go Adams, you suck just like I thought you did... 31.7 points... FU Adams...

Long story short. He should be on your team, especially if you're in need of a WR. But he's got both the ability to win you games and cost you games.

The good sign in that Rodgers seems to really trust him now whereas his previous seasons it was obvious he didn't. But, at best, he's still very questionably the Packers 2nd best receiver.

One more factor to consider, Ty Montgomery is obviously a MUCH better receiver out of the backfield than Lacy, so I would imagine they will start taking more advantage of that.

Week - pts

1 - 12.5

2 - 2.1

3 - 9.3

4 - 17.0

5 - 4.4

6 - 31.7

Factor in that Green Bay also has two other outstanding receivers in Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. All three are not going to blow up every week (Nelson had 2 points this week). If you look at Adams alone you'll see he often follows a good showing with a poor one. What makes this problematic is this: Most people wouldn't have started him week one, but then seeing he was mildly productive then they may be tempted seeing that he actually outdid both Nelson and Cobb. So he rewards you with a 2 pt showing. The next week he's back up to 9, but still not enough to tempt. The next week is 17 and, again, outscoring Nelson & Cobb so you start thinking upward trend. You finally get the nerve to put him in your lineup again and you're rewarded with 4 points. Back to the bench you go Adams, you suck just like I thought you did... 31.7 points... FU Adams...

Long story short. He should be on your team, especially if you're in need of a WR. But he's got both the ability to win you games and cost you games.

The good sign in that Rodgers seems to really trust him now whereas his previous seasons it was obvious he didn't. But, at best, he's still very questionably the Packers 2nd best receiver.

One more factor to consider, Ty Montgomery is obviously a MUCH better receiver out of the backfield than Lacy, so I would imagine they will start taking more advantage of that.

• Like 1

Chasing fantasy football points is one of the toughest and most infuriating aspects to overcome. Everybody succumbs to the tantelizing prospects of picking up a diamond in the rough or the next late season gem. Adams seems to be solidifying a role in the GB offense, but he likely just scored his highest output for the season. Consistency wins ff games, while helping to take guesswork out of the equation. Plugging in Adams as a weekly play will disappoint and yet be helpful at times. One can only guess when his next useful game will be.

No to Britt... Jamison Crowder, Piere Garcon, Brandon LaFell, Brian Quick, Marqise Lee, Victor Cruz, Chris Conley...

I might pick up Jamison Crowder since it just came up that Reed is out this week.

Crowder and Adams are probably the only two I'd consider in a 12 team right now. Crowder has been more consistent, but I think Adams has a higher ceiling. I like that pair better than Woods & Sanu.

• Like 2