[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doug Martin is going to miss even more time

anismith

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/345548/koetter-not-sure-when-doug-martin-will-return?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

I am glad I don't have him in many leagues, only in 1 where I blew a lot of FAAB to grab him up.

I wonder if he'll at least be back for fantasy playoffs.

One thing that is irritating about this is that it rewards people who probably falsely believed that Rodgers might get equal playing time when Martin returned. They end up being "right", but for bad reasons.

Edited by anismith

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/345548/koetter-not-sure-when-doug-martin-will-return?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

I am glad I don't have him in many leagues, only in 1 where I blew a lot of FAAB to grab him up.

I wonder if he'll at least be back for fantasy playoffs.

One thing that is irritating about this is that it rewards people who probably falsely believed that Rodgers might get equal playing time when Martin returned. They end up being "right", but for bad reasons.

What are bad reasons?

• Like 1

I picked up Rodgers because I was sure he'd have a role with Sims out. Just happy I get to use him next week when both West and Bell are on their bye weeks, so now I have an adequate bye week fill-in along with Crowell.

As a Buc fan I hope Martin comes back relatively soon, but man it's frustrating with his every other year healthy/hurt routine.

What are bad reasons?

It's very easy to make a call that has good consequences, but with bad reasons behind it. For example, imagine my GF decides to start Darren Sproles against Minn and sit Leveon Bell vs. the saints because she thinks Sproles is adorable (this is something my GF might actually do). It could happen that Sproles somehow goes off and Bell has a mediocre day. That doesn't mean that she had good reasons for that decision.

So back to the original example. If an owner mistakenly believed that Rodgers would be getting playing time this week with Martin back and they both believed that Martin would be back and that Rodgers would get a lot of carries with Martin back, then it's not clear that that was a good reason. Now if they held Rodgers because they believed that Martin might not be back, then they had good reasons to hold him.

Edited by anismith

It's very easy to make a call that has good consequences, but with bad reasons behind it. For example, imagine my GF decides to start Darren Sproles against Minn and sit Leveon Bell vs. the saints because she thinks Sproles is adorable (this is something my GF might actually do). It could happen that Sproles somehow goes off and Bell has a mediocre day. That doesn't mean that she had good reasons for that decision.

So back to the originally example. If an owner mistakenly believed that Rodgers would be getting playing time this week with Martin back and they both believed that Martin would be back and that Rodgers would get a lot of carries with Martin back, then it's not clear that that was a good reason. Now if they held Rodgers because they believed that Martin might not be back, then they had good reasons to hold him.

:huh:
  • Like 1

So back to the originally example. If an owner mistakenly believed that Rodgers would be getting playing time this week with Martin back and they both believed that Martin would be back and that Rodgers would get a lot of carries with Martin back, then it's not clear that that was a good reason. Now if they held Rodgers because they believed that Martin might not be back, then they had good reasons to hold him.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So back to the original example. If an owner mistakenly believed that Rodgers would be getting playing time this week with Martin back and they both believed that Martin would be back and that Rodgers would get a lot of carries with Martin back, then it's not clear that that was a good reason. Now if they held Rodgers because they believed that Martin might not be back, then they had good reasons to hold him.

:wacko:

I traded Jacquizz for Rudolph, I feel like an idiot.

I had to insure Martin with Jacquizz. I think right now Jacquizz looks good but his prior NFL career inspires zero confidence and he was 3rd in the pecking order for a reason.

I want him to be good but you very well may end up not feeling like an idiot.